The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

I mean both Microsoft and Sony are big players in India. They can easily pull this off.

Import is not a problem,  and not all are being imported, many of them are pressed here.

Problem is retailers who wouldn't like digital to be sold for 3K while they have to sell for 5k.

This is why cutting retail off completely in a small markets like India is the best shot to get pricing  down.

I am sure if they actually produce physical discs, record and distribute locally in India, (with a made in India tag), prices would come down.

I am not sure how they would price newer games if they take this route, but they can atleast experiment with older but expensive titles.

PS:- I hope someone can throw some more light on this topic  :)

Edited by radicaldude

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Activision always sold CoD games at a premium 

there’s nothing new in that 

Sony,Gearbox are the only two publishers out there who have launched “next gen only” games right now 

each at $70 

Rest (including M$) have indicated that going forth stand-alone titles for next gen will see a Price hike 

If all Xbox "next gen" titles (exclusives) launch day 1 on GP, local retailers would simply stop stocking Xbox (exclusive) games going forward (priced at $70).

Edited by radicaldude

12 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

It’s not only that, it’s about affordability too...

price is the major deciding factor while buying... I would buy games day one if that’s affordably...

it’s not like someone wants to wait for it to become affordable..

Again, that's also worth. For example, to you a game is worth only 1000 Rs. If game was available Day 1 at 1000 Rs - you will get it. Anything above - not worth it. That's fine. But, there is no compulsion to buy Games Day 1 as well. You can even buy next month 2nd hand. Or even later. The only games that compel Day 1 purchase are MP games with progression systems, because you can't play if you're too far behind.

But in a sub only future - you are trading certain types of games for mass quantity, and not necessarily at Day 1 either. Whether that trade off is worth it for you - that's your viewpoint again. It's not worth it for me.

Hence even here - value of which console to buy comes into place - which is different for different people.

What @HundredProofSam said - is what my opinion is.

Edited by roun90

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Again, that's also worth. For example, to you a game is worth only 1000 Rs. If game was available Day 1 at 1000 Rs - you will get it. Anything above - not worth it. That's fine. But, there is no compulsion to buy Games Day 1 as well. You can even buy next month 2nd hand. Or even later. The only games that compel Day 1 purchase are MP games with progression systems, because you can't play if you're too far behind.

But in a sub only future - you are trading certain types of games for mass quantity, and not necessarily at Day 1 either. Whether that trade off is worth it for you - that's your viewpoint again. It's not worth it for me.

Hence even here - value of which console to buy comes into place - which is different for different people.

What @HundredProofSam said - is what my opinion is.

Cool but I don’t agree with that..

Insane pricing is a major reason why console gaming is niche in India and till than gaming companies will treat India as an afterthought 

Edited by hsk_colossus

46 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Cool but I don’t agree with that..

Insane pricing is a major reason why console gaming is niche in India and till than gaming companies will treat India as an afterthought 

Game prices are in India are right in line with prices at other places. Nothing insane about it. Its another thing that $60-70 here is worth much more than for someone in US. 

Also, there is nothing to agree or disagree to what he said. Game's worth is subjective and just because a game is not worth full price to you doesn't it becomes a fact or that it should apply to everyone.

12 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Game prices are in India are right in line with prices at other places. Nothing insane about it. Its another thing that $60-70 here is worth much more than for someone in US. 

There is major difference in purchasing power in India and USA .. even though price is same, it doesn’t mean they are equal..

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

f**k MS. No retailer in Delhi has the series X stock yet. Were supposed to get some units on 25th Nov but i guess that goes out for a toss. Now im not sure if even amazon /FK will have enough stock to fullfill all orders in dec and Jan.

Not MS, F**K Redignton, If they were so exclusive to only Amazon and FK, why allocate so many units only to retailers in Chennai ? I haven’t heard any other city retailer getting it officially.. 

17 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Also, there is nothing to agree or disagree to what he said. Game's worth is subjective and just because a game is not worth full price to you doesn't it becomes a fact or that it should apply to everyone.

I can’t afford it, so there is no question if it’s worthy or not for me..

Its amusing to me that people are even defending the price increase..

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Not MS, F**K Redignton, If they were so exclusive to only Amazon and FK, why allocate so many units only to retailers in Chennai ? I haven’t heard any other city retailer getting it officially.. 

yup f**k them..gameshoppeee alone received 20 units and we here are waiting for units.. that’s sucks

I can’t afford it, so there is no question if it’s worthy or not for me..
Its amusing to me that people are even defending the price increase..
Then whats there to disagree in what he said? All he said was that "worthyness" differs from person to person.

Increase in game prices was bound to happen. They have been constant for way too long

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk