The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, Snake said:

How many phones does Samsung sell in India Vs how man PS5s will sell in India??

Think about it.

True. but I reckon there would be many takers of made in India PS5s even at 50k (if marketed properly).

People shell out 40k-50k each year on phones. I am just extrapolating that statistic.

50 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They already tried low pricing of games in India. India had insane regional pricing alongside countries like Russia. It miserably failed. Sales did not improve and "Gaming Market" did not grow much. Rather, all people abroad started taking advantage and used Indian versions in US etc. which was a big loss for the companies. Companies have given up hope. Which is why we are where we are today.  The only common console I remember after the modded PS2 was the Wii - which people got only for Wii Sports and nothing else.

For gaming to succeed here (market to grow), more than the price - the mentality of the people has to change. The vast majority still view gaming, not as a hobby - but as a children's plaything (just like cartoons). Without that changing first - no cheap gaming will succeed here. Smartphone gaming is increasing, which is a first step. But that is not enough. People buy smart phones for a lot of stuff and many game while doing other work. Very few will buy a dedicated console that only plays games or Netflix type apps.

As far as you personally being able to afford to buy a game or not - what the heck does that have to do with anything? For you, there are options like GP, 2nd hand etc. Lot of people can afford far less, even though they like it.

Game Price Rise - I will support, if necessary for games that I personally like (Which is not all games). Inflation will happen. Unfortunately, our economy being miserable and our govt. and general people focusing on everything except the economy, jobs and prices, easing up of businesses etc. - worsens the problem a lot.

But there are consequences for that. For example, the quantity of games I buy will reduce. Ultimately prices will reach appropriate level and market will equalize. That's what Free Market is. It definitely does not mean I would like a sub only future where 99% are GAAS, minor 3rd parties and games like GOT or Spiderman which requires substantial investment will cease to exist.

Again quantity vs quality. You can get 100 games cheap, but mediocre. Or you can get 10 games more expensive, but exceptional (maybe even legendary). Which choice do you make? I personally will go for the latter one. Especially since a decent enough (not top of the line mind you, but just decent enough to not be completely outdated) PC will give you those mediocre games at lesser than GP Prices anyway.

picard too long didnt read GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

^ Maybe that is why people spend lakhs on a PC, and then play pirated games on it.

Cost comes down if you are building PC with multiple purposes in mind instead of just gaming. Moreover, games are usually considerably cheaper on PC than PS or Xbox.

Edited by ZooZoo

47 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I applaud you for that ??

though many have already pointed out, it is not necessary to increase game prices as record profits are already being posted by gaming companies and only real aim of increased pricing is more profits for companies and nothing else..

That is not how any of this works. Literally every other product has seen price rise over the years, irrespective of the profits those industries earn, be it cars, TVs, mobiles, clothes, rents, food, salaries, etc. I fail to see from where does this thought has come that game prices can't increase no matter what. It makes literally no sense. Just because companies are earning profits doesn't product prices won't increase. By that logic, Toyota should price their cars exactly how it was a decade ago. But guess what, prices of vehicles like Fortuner and Corolla have literally doubled in the past 10 years.

3 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Cool but I don’t agree with that..

Insane pricing is a major reason why console gaming is niche in India and till than gaming companies will treat India as an afterthought 

Apparently ps4 game prices are almost in line with US prices or cheaper in india in certain cases. The situation has definitely gotten better.

Also retailers give you 10% discount on launch for all games. Lou2 is down to 2k in just 5 months. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Even if PS5 or even 6 is manufactured here, you still won't get it day 1. 

Unless the console and games sell the quantity that Samsung mobiles sell. In that case - it will not only be manufactured here, you will get it here before the US even and they will even light up 1 monument in all 4 major metros to promote it. On the flip side, govt. will regulate it heavily here like China and Censor Board will also bring it's insane rules into play.

It's hilarious that some of these companies want the game prices in a country like India to be in parity with those of the western markets, and yet, if they open an Indian branch of their company, these same a-holes will pay their employees by Indian standards and not western. F*ck them, imo.

5 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

It's hilarious that some of these companies want the game prices in a country like India to be in parity with those of the western markets, and yet, if they open an Indian branch of their company, these same a-holes will pay their employees by Indian standards and not western. F*ck them, imo.

A lot of the cost for those games is due to gst and import duty though. Digital pricing they need to keep at par with physical to avoid pissing off retailers.

5 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

It’s called demand and supply. As labor is much cheaper here, we have employment. We don’t have much competitive advantage in manufacturing or technology. Also cost of living is higher in the west. 

1 hour ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Apparently ps4 game prices are almost in line with US prices or cheaper in india in certain cases. The situation has definitely gotten better.

Also retailers give you 10% discount on launch for all games. Lou2 is down to 2k in just 5 months. 

True. Now we have to wait for 7-9months to that 2k next gen and the chance is greater for super hyped up games. You can expect the same for Cyperpunk 2077 and spiderman mm. 

https://www.zeebiz.com/technology/news-exclusive-sony-india-s-prosenjit-ghose-on-how-playstation-4-made-gaming-in-india-more-inclusive-family-driven-131488

As per Ghosh, Sony considers India as a "sunrise" market with huge growth potential. But why are they still treating us as step children (w.r.t the launch of PS5). I am sure it will get sold out everywhere the moment it lands here @50k  with bill.

PS:- The reason PS2 was so successful in India was regional pricing of games. Even heavy hitters were priced <1000INR.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

That is not how any of this works. Literally every other product has seen price rise over the years, irrespective of the profits those industries earn, be it cars, TVs, mobiles, clothes, rents, food, salaries, etc. I fail to see from where does this thought has come that game prices can't increase no matter what. It makes literally no sense. Just because companies are earning profits doesn't product prices won't increase. By that logic, Toyota should price their cars exactly how it was a decade ago. But guess what, prices of vehicles like Fortuner and Corolla have literally doubled in the past 10 years.

As much as I hate it, you are right. The only silver lining is that computer  hardware and software depreciate faster than cars.