The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

https://www.zeebiz.com/technology/news-exclusive-sony-india-s-prosenjit-ghose-on-how-playstation-4-made-gaming-in-india-more-inclusive-family-driven-131488

As per Ghosh, Sony considers India as a "sunrise" market with huge growth potential. But why are they still treating us as step children (w.r.t the launch of PS5). I am sure it will get sold out everywhere the moment it lands here @50k  with bill.

PS:- The reason PS2 was so successful in India was regional pricing of games. Even heavy hitters were priced <1000INR.

I don’t recall regional pricing of PS2 games  when ps2 was launched. It came much later around the time of PS3 launch. Pc regional pricing was the case then. 

Lol as Sam posted, only reason ps2 was so popular was because of the pirated games.:lol: i mean the only reason I went legit with ps3 was because I was forced to, as it couldnt be modded for the major part of its useful life.:P

Also a reason why xbox 360 was so popular here, because you could mod it.

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Piracy is rampant in markets like Brazil as well, but they (brazilians) have Nintendo's official presence -_-. Heck they even get region locked exclusives. :(

PS:- Sony had defended their (Indian) pricing during the official launch of PS4

https://www.medianama.com/2013/12/223-ps4-games-india/

(interesting read)

Have checked with almost every retailer in palika and gaffar including DTzone. Even checked with the prepaid gamercard dude. There are 0 stocks for series X. Even that prepaid gamer is now taking preorders for late Jan 2021.

f**k off Reddington and MS. Atleast Sony is being consistent with not releasing stocks anywhere. MS and reddington are just selectively releasing stock :fear:

Edited by playstationdude
  • Like 1

Brazil is not an English-speaking country like India, so for India they don't need to bother with an India presence. They just need distributors to import and supply.

Language is also why region-locking at lower prices is feasible. It's why localised games were dirt cheap in Russia.
Going by this ( Steam's ) statistic, even online gamepass-esque subscription services are bound to fail.

So what's the way forward? Invest only on the mobile gaming platform? Or maybe indians prefer cheaper physical copies over digital. Screenshot_20201125-195656675 (1).jpg

6 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Brazil is not an English-speaking country like India, so for India they don't need to bother with an India presence. They just need distributors to import and supply.

Language is also why region-locking at lower prices is feasible. It's why localised games were dirt cheap in Russia.

Brazil eshop games are still in English, but they locked it down to their own Aadhar number system and selling them dirt cheap. Physical is still mad expensive.

7 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Thats it bois. Lets all speak in our state language from now. They will be forced to have presence in every state. :wOOtjumpy: 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Have checked with almost every retailer in palika and gaffar including DTzone. Even checked with the prepaid gamercard dude. There are 0 stocks for series X. Even that prepaid gamer is now taking preorders for late Jan 2021.

f**k off Reddington and MS. Atleast Sony is being consistent with not releasing stocks anywhere. MS and reddington are just selectively releasing stock :fear:

Maybe ps5 will launch before we get more stock  of series x :P

Just now, hsk_colossus said:

Maybe ps5 will launch before we get more stock  of series x :P

Royal palace guy is saying India main to hua hi nhi officially release:rofl:

I mean he has always been a c*****a with his words as far back as 2005, but technically he isnt wrong either. India main maal kahan supply kiya MS ne :rofl:

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Royal palace guy is saying India main to hua hi nhi officially release:rofl:

I mean he has always been a c*****a with his words as far back as 2005, but technically he isnt wrong either. India main maal kahan supply kiya MS ne :rofl:

He was charging 50k for ps3 @ launch way back in '06 :threatenlumber::furious:

Edited by radicaldude

48 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

That's not as much thanks to CDPR as it is the local distributor. It takes a lot of convincing for publishers to agree to regional pricing.

I wish game and console sales reflected that, and they don't.

Forget the majority of India. Even if a large enough section of India's 10 biggest cities bought consoles and games, India would be a bigger market than most European countries. Unfortunately, gaming just doesn't feature high enough in people's priority list. Not because the console is expensive and its not even because the games are expensive. It's simply because the games cost money.

There are people willing to pay a hefty premium for a launch Nintendo Switch just so they can mod it. That should tell you about the mentality. Tell people to pay 1 lakh for a PS5 console with the promise they'll never have to pay for a game and they'll buy it. Never mind that even if they bought it legit for 50K, most of them would probably never play another 50K worth of games.

can you blame them ? Just because someone lives in a city, doesn't mean they are rich or can afford to spend 4k on a game every month.  Most of the purchasing power in India comes when a guy gets a job (maybe the next generation will be better off, only time will tell), and the amount of burdens on a middle class salaried employee is ridiculous.  Its not like US / Europe, where kids say tata/byebye to their parents and siblings and run away.  In India, you gotta save money to take care of you parents, clear your parents loans (if any), clear your student loans (if any), and boom, marriage / buying a house etc etc (assuming you earn enough to buy a house).  Once you add the , school fee, medical insurance, saving for the college fund, an yearly trip, some monthly movie/eating-out at a restaurant (to maintain your sanity , anyway, not feasible now in the covid period) , some amount for your retirement etc ., what do you think you've left ? I've not even brought in the vehicle/fuel and other charges (applicable otherwise, not in covid period).

Its really wrong to compare the prices at India and western countries.  The PPP in our country is way-off.  We pay really high taxes for the services we get.  In many parts of Europe, you pay a lot of taxes and the govt takes care of everything from medical to higher education.  Here we pay high direct (IT) and indirect(GST etc) and still need to set aside money for medical / education etc. 

Gaming is a luxury however you cut it.  It'll take a long time before our PPP can be on par with the western counterpars (maybe another 10-20 years), until then, be happy with what you have, is all I would say :hi:Or just cut down some of the expectations, buy only the games you really really want on day one, everything else get at discount or PS+ kinda subscriptions.  

32 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

On point. When I switched to the PS3 I knew what I was getting into, a few of my mates also jumped and bought the ps3. The calls I got abusing me because games were 2-3k were hilarious. Most may have bought a total of 3-4 games in the entire gen. Even when plus was introduced much later the few that still had a ps3 baulked at the idea of shelling out ~2k for it, even with the promise of free games. Iirc, most of the games they played were games that I bought, and they borrowed. NGL I've been a regular at Indraprashta in Borivali during the ps2 days, but yeah, people will say regional pricing, and we'll like it, but a lot wont give a crap if they can get it free or lower rates via other means.

55 minutes ago, Animus said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-boss-praises-ps5-dualsense-controller-i-applaud-what-they-did/1100-6484865/

Xbox Boss Praises PS5 DualSense Controller - "I Applaud What They Did"

What he means is ..... we will add it to our new elite controllers and price them at 250$

3 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

can you blame them ? Just because someone lives in a city, doesn't mean they are rich or can afford to spend 4k on a game every month.  Most of the purchasing power in India comes when a guy gets a job (maybe the next generation will be better off, only time will tell), and the amount of burdens on a middle class salaried employee is ridiculous.  Its not like US / Europe, where kids say tata/byebye to their parents and siblings and run away.  In India, you gotta save money to take care of you parents, clear your parents loans (if any), clear your student loans (if any), and boom, marriage / buying a house etc etc (assuming you earn enough to buy a house).  Once you add the , school fee, medical insurance, saving for the college fund, an yearly trip, some monthly movie/eating-out at a restaurant (to maintain your sanity , anyway, not feasible now in the covid period) , some amount for your retirement etc ., what do you think you've left ? I've not even brought in the vehicle/fuel and other charges (applicable otherwise, not in covid period).

Its really wrong to compare the prices at India and western countries.  The PPP in our country is way-off.  We pay really high taxes for the services we get.  In many parts of Europe, you pay a lot of taxes and the govt takes care of everything from medical to higher education.  Here we pay high direct (IT) and indirect(GST etc) and still need to set aside money for medical / education etc. 

Gaming is a luxury however you cut it.  It'll take a long time before our PPP can be on par with the western counterpars (maybe another 10-20 years), until then, be happy with what you have, is all I would say :hi:Or just cut down some of the expectations, buy only the games you really really want on day one, everything else get at discount or PS+ kinda subscriptions.  

Just for the record, India is the third-largest economy in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP), behind the US and China  (GDP(PPP))