The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

What he means is ..... we will add it to our new elite controllers and price them at 250$

I really hope they do. At least it will make third party devs support it then. Even Steam has added API support now. 

Edited by dylanjosh

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

I really hope they do. At least it will make third party devs support it then. Even Steam has added API support now. 

3rd party devs already supporting it on ps5 though. Will probably continue to support since steam is also adding the dualsense adaptive trigger support iirc reading online.

31 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Just for the record, India is the third-largest economy in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP), behind the US and China  (GDP(PPP))

dont you see a pattern there buddy ? all top 3 are also the top 3 populated countries.  At a country level obviously it would be high, thanks to our 1.2B population.

Let me ask you this - take the average salary of an India middle class techie, and calculate how much % of that would be the cost of a video game.

Now take the average salary of a middle class techie in US , and calculate how much % of that would be the cost of a video game.

The answer would tell you what I meant by saying the purchasing power in India is way off.  Do note that I'm not saying the cost of video games is included in calculation of PPP,  I'm just saying the purchasing power of an average Indian is far lesser than his western counterpart.

• Like 1

dont you see a pattern there buddy ? all top 3 are also the top 3 populated countries.  At a country level obviously it would be high, thanks to our 1.2B population.

Let me ask you this - take the average salary of an India middle class techie, and calculate how much % of that would be the cost of a video game.
Now take the average salary of a middle class techie in US , and calculate how much % of that would be the cost of a video game.

The answer would tell you what I meant by saying the purchasing power in India is way off.  Do note that I'm not saying the cost of video games is included in calculation of PPP,  I'm just saying the purchasing power of an average Indian is far lesser than his western counterpart.
We want regional pricing! a5WjL7L_700b.jpg

5 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

An excellent article summing up the entire XSX vs PS5 performance saga till now

https://www.theverge.com/21718936/xbox-series-x-ps5-performance-game-comparison

Written by: Tom Warren

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Written by: Tom Warren

Its basically excuse after excuse. The teraflops are so drilled into people's minds that they refuse to accept the fact that maybe architecture difference, custom hardware and low level access can give you upper hand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Damage control continues. 

Meanwhile Jason Schreier with the ether bomb. 

Jeez..people need to chill.

BC even performance gains are coming in the future :rofl: 

I dunno what Spencer and his team was doing for 6-7 years. Late on GDK, late on manufacturing, late on dev kits, superlate on games. Every time he gets caught with his chaddi down at the start of new gen.

Frankly, all this ponies vs xbots nonsense is getting annoying. So much sh*t throwing even for the smallest of things.

Not sure when folks are going to realize this stopped being fun. Long back. Guess its time for me to give the ps5 and xbox threads a rest for the next couple of months.

Every single piece of news is followed up with namecalling. Whether it be on ponies or xbots ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Just for the record, India is the third-largest economy in the world in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP), behind the US and China  (GDP(PPP))

Never see GDP PPP, see per Capita, that tells you how rich ppl are.

Our per capita income is <1900$, less than Bangladesh.

>85% of Indians make less than 10,000 Rs a month.

With Big Mac Index, a 70$ game should be sold at 2400Rs in India.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Right said:

Never see GDP PPP, see per Capita, that tells you how rich ppl are.

Our per capita income is <1900$, less than Bangladesh.

>85% of Indians make less than 10,000 Rs a month.

With Big Mac Index, a 70$ game should be sold at 2400Rs in India.

That means CDPR has done a great job regionally pricing the pc version @2500. However the preorder option (for the pc version) has disappeared from the gamestheshop website :nerves: