The Xbox Series X|S thread

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

That means CDPR has done a great job regionally pricing the pc version @2500. However the preorder option (for the pc version) has disappeared from the gamestheshop website :nerves:

buy on steam it costs just 500 more.

Dear Fellow IVGians,  Please listen to me.

This is to every folks from Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbi, Pune anyone from here, Kindly if you hear any xbox Series X available, (Not the Grey Market ones) Please buy that immediately. Just call or msg me before buying I will pay you instantly or drop a message here in IVG. I am posting my mobile number here in open public

Spoiler

~removed phone number for your own good - Joe

(If this is allowed).  We will deal with a healthy debate of Series X and PS5 later sometime but right now plz focus on getting me this Series X.

I am tired of following up in FK/AZ and moreover very depressed bcoz the time I leave this forum and give it a break and then when i come back, i see many posts of opportunities where ppl are informing about availability of the console in their respective cities and locations. Specially the Chennai Gameshoppe, Sony Mony in Mumbai....

I need a copy of Xbox Series X before 2021. I will Bless you all who will help me in getting this. I am a good person. :):hug::helpsmilie:

Look what have i become. :rofl::doh:

I got my lesson learned (Not taking Pre-Order seriously in Sept), Probably got too confident because I got almost all consoles from M$ and Sony on launch days.  And now I will rectify this during PS5 pre-Order.... Maa kasam pura fauj khada karunga pre-order ke liye. :P

OT:-  Now since we have seen DF videos on DMC/DIRT/AC:V /COD its clear that this has something to do with M$ sharing the dev kit for xbox little late to the devs compared to Playstation and they couldn't extract it properly. Hence let us wait for some time probably few months to see the actual difference between the two on multiplat games. They acknowledged that it has more to do with Games rather than hardware and patches on Xbox will help it.   They also acknowledge Xbox SEX is powerful on paper but gotta give credit to PS5 where the due is... Amazing work on a bit inferior hardware. Proud of them!   Overall I am happy with both the consoles and their promise on Next Gen delivery... Putting almost 1000s of $ of worth on a $499 hardware.

And the one that disappointed me most is the Xbox Series S, I mean they should have gone the Playstation way of digital and not to make inferior hardware just because you want to beat the competition.  My opinion is also same as DF videos, Series S disappoints with lack of 60 fps support for Valhalla and most Games not even running at 1440p and also the lack of textures, RT, Shadows etc. In fact Xbox One X is much better value than this.

Edited by Joe Cool

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

^^I think you are drunk :fulltite:

Wish I had.  But won't be able to type.

I got seriously pissed on my missing opportunities in acquiring the console.

Anyway, I did post something useful for the xbox ppl. Wait patiently and things will improve in multiplat titles compared to PS5.

15 minutes ago, HarishProGamer said:

Dear Fellow IVGians,  Please listen to me.

This is to every folks from Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbi, Pune anyone from here, Kindly if you hear any xbox Series X available, (Not the Grey Market ones) Please buy that immediately. Just call or msg me before buying I will pay you instantly or drop a message here in IVG. I am posting my mobile number here in open public

Reveal hidden contents

~removed phone number for your own good - Joe

(If this is allowed).  We will deal with a healthy debate of Series X and PS5 later sometime but right now plz focus on getting me this Series X.

I am tired of following up in FK/AZ and moreover very depressed bcoz the time I leave this forum and give it a break and then when i come back, i see many posts of opportunities where ppl are informing about availability of the console in their respective cities and locations. Specially the Chennai Gameshoppe, Sony Mony in Mumbai....

I need a copy of Xbox Series X before 2021. I will Bless you all who will help me in getting this. I am a good person. :):hug::helpsmilie:

Look what have i become. :rofl::doh:

I got my lesson learned (Not taking Pre-Order seriously in Sept), Probably got too confident because I got almost all consoles from M$ and Sony on launch days.  And now I will rectify this during PS5 pre-Order.... Maa kasam pura fauj khada karunga pre-order ke liye. :P

OT:-  Now since we have seen DF videos on DMC/DIRT/AC:V /COD its clear that this has something to do with M$ sharing the dev kit for xbox little late to the devs compared to Playstation and they couldn't extract it properly. Hence let us wait for some time probably few months to see the actual difference between the two on multiplat games. They acknowledged that it has more to do with Games rather than hardware and patches on Xbox will help it.   They also acknowledge Xbox SEX is powerful on paper but gotta give credit to PS5 where the due is... Amazing work on a bit inferior hardware. Proud of them!   Overall I am happy with both the consoles and their promise on Next Gen delivery... Putting almost 1000s of $ of worth on a $499 hardware.

And the one that disappointed me most is the Xbox Series S, I mean they should have gone the Playstation way of digital and not to make inferior hardware just because you want to beat the competition.  My opinion is also same as DF videos, Series S disappoints with lack of 60 fps support for Valhalla and most Games not even running at 1440p and also the lack of textures, RT, Shadows etc. In fact Xbox One X is much better value than this.

@WhatsInTheName if he hasnt cancelled yet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walker said:

Wow. Someone let him know when an X is available. I'm worried for his health now :lol:

jk. Hope you get one soon

Cheers Mate. :)

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

“Xbox ppl” 

“Wait patiently” 

is a match made in heaven 

there is little you or I could ever add to it 

Waiting is all xbox fans did that includes me specially the last Gen. Hopefully things will turn out good this Gen. Lets see.

21 hours ago, Walker said:

Should have just waited and bought the Series X at a sensible price in 2024. Yep some arguments are stupid.

Most console hardware at any point of time are a bargain because in most cases you just can’t build any machine at those specs at that price. Manufacturers always  sell consoles at a loss and plan to recoup that in software sales. You just can’t match XSX/PS5 performance at 50k in India and I think historically with all consoles this stands true.

Also, new multi-plat games like DMC5 SE, COD BO CW etc. are doing better on XSX on the 4K 60 fps mode with RT enabled. I have a 4K OLED TV which support only 60fps. I always preferred higher resolution with more graphical fidelity. So it all works out well in such cases. Oh and Gamepass for backlog games.

https://www.theverge.com/21611412/microsoft-phil-spencer-interview-xbox-series-x-launch-decoder-podcast

Microsoft started manufacturing the new consoles in late summer while Sony started earlier, opting not to wait for AMD to finalize the design of its new GPU architecture. According to the company, “Xbox Series X|S are the only next-generation consoles with full hardware support for all the RDNA 2 capabilities”.

This includes hardware-accelerated Ray-tracing, Mesh Shaders, Variable Rate Shading and Sampler Feedback Streaming. However, AMD claims that both the Xbox and the PS5 are based on RDNA 2. So, what features caused the delay?

Sony confirmed that the PlayStation 5 will lack Variable Rate Shading. This feature allows the GPU to effectively render different parts of the scene at different resolution, so the GPU can work more on areas that matter and less on areas that don’t.

Sampler Feedback Streaming seems to be missing as well, but that’s just a way to optimize bandwidth as the textures are loaded from the SSD. Microsoft needs this as the Xbox has a slower SSD than the PlayStation. The PS5 seems to have hardware-accelerated ray-tracing and mesh shaders.

27 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Most console hardware at any point of time are a bargain because in most cases you just can’t build any machine at those specs at that price. Manufacturers always  sell consoles at a loss and plan to recoup that in software sales. You just can’t match XSX/PS5 performance at 50k in India and I think historically with all consoles this stands true.

Also, new multi-plat games like DMC5 SE, COD BO CW etc. are doing better on XSX on the 4K 60 fps mode with RT enabled. I have a 4K OLED TV which support only 60fps. I always preferred higher resolution with more graphical fidelity. So it all works out well in such cases. Oh and Gamepass for backlog games.

So from what I gather it was a sensible spend for you right this moment over waiting for 2 years or a price drop? I respect that. 

• Like 1

CONTENT

Graphics/Performance Mode Introduction

Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.

Feature breakdown:

This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation5.

Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.

Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.

Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:

Xbox Series X / PlayStation5: Performance

Xbox Series S: Quality

Performance and Stability

Improved stability and performance.

(Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing

(PC) Addressed a VRAM/RAM leakage issue when alt tabbing to desktop.

Edited by triggr happy ss

In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever! 20201121_122906.jpg
  • Haha 3