The Xbox Series X|S thread

4 hours ago, gamer_adi said:

The two things that have riled ponies the most is:

1 - Sony backtracking on their "we believe in generations" stuff - Ponies drank the kool aid sold by Jim Ryan, and kept bashing on MS for cross-gen games until that moment where suddenly, it was revealed that Sony were also gonna go cross-gen with their early games. After the initial shock and embarrassment, Ponies decided that cross-gen was cool again, and there's no way a company can ignore the "huge" install base of previous gen.\\

2 - MS acquiring Zenimax/Bethesda - Oh boy, ever since this announcement, they have gone overboard dunking on MS.

Pre-Announcement, only MS sucked. Post-Announcement, MS sucks, Bethesda sucks, elder scrolls sucks, doom sucks, wolfy sucks, prey sucks, dishonored sucks, everything sucks.

1. Majority of those who preferred PS over Xbox criticized Jim for going back on his words. The issue wasn't supporting cross-gen, issue was he lied with a straight face. As for Xboners, they were screaming about TFs and 'most powerful console' when it was announced and boasting the same in PS thread, now that we know that isn't true and multiplats aren't showing that supposed TF difference, they're retreating back to 'dev tools not mature' argument. Fine, maybe we'll see that over time, maybe. But do you see Xboners criticizing MS for their lies? No, they gladly latch on to Phil's teats even if he laces them with poison. MS straight up lied about 'best place to play multiplats', 'most powerful console' and 'only place for Native 4K', and yet xBoners love swinging on their testicles.

You should have seen the posts they used to make, boasting with nothing to back up their statements. Gems like:

- XSX will be superior in multipat games.

- PS5 will not last more than a year.

- XSX can do Native 4K 60fps without breaking a sweat.

- Most buyers will ignore the 'weaker' console, XSX is a beast.

- X devs are working on Y games, it's going to be the best thing ever made by mankind.

- XSX will have 20-40% performance advantage on PS5 on multiplats.

After the DF takes on actual games Xboners are pretending to be humble because they have nothing to shove in our faces. Suddenly, everyone went from 'haha, look at that pony with a weak console' to 'console wars are useless, just play what you enjoy'. Bottom line is, Xboners start fights they can't finish, this has been the case for years.

2. Of course that announcement hurt a bit. You should have seen the amount of shitposting, xBoners shoving their middle fingers in everyones faces. Yes some of their games are buggy but its still super fun (except F76). Personally, I'll miss Wolfenstein and Doom if they go exclusive, might have to get a preowned xbox just for those, 2 years down the line.

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Lol, Sony PS is actually surviving on exclusives. Acche hai to bas they are the only called 'games' which should be played. Apna pony khaas baaki sab bakwaas :lol: kya mentality hai.. 

2 or maybe 3 games per year aate hai (if the year is good) which are usually not more than 15/20hrs long. Ab puraane games ka kya kare, to remake banao aur becho exclusive ka tag laga ke. They all will buy with confidence. They also defend the increased price tag says 'yes, we have to give then more bas 10$ to zyaada hai' :rofl:

1. Really? 'surviving' isn't the word I'd use. More like thriving. PS was the biggest money maker for Sony last year. PS has consistently whooped xBox's a*s for 5 generations in the row.

2. Astro, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, Bugsnax. These released within 2 months. For 2021, there's RnC, GT7, HZD2, Returnal, GoWR(maybe), FFXVI, Deathloop, and these are only the ones we know of. As for 15/20 hours games, P5 and FF7R would like to have a word with you.

3. About Demon's Souls being a remake, very few people played the original and I'll play it again despite having completed it once. Also, this is a weird complaint?! A remake of a 2 generation old, 12 years old is bad as compared to what? Multipat games that perform worse or equivalent on xbox? You are actually complaining about a game that exists to ones that don't?!

Capture.png

4. I've been buying discs preowned and selling them on completion, so doesn't make much difference to me, and I'm sure I can speak for a lot of guys here. Obviously no one likes a price hike, but 70$ price tag is not exclusive to PS5 titles.

Edited by gecko89
Edit: Added latest DS score screenshot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

1. Majority of those who preferred PS over Xbox criticized Jim for going back on his words. The issue wasn't supporting cross-gen, issue was he lied with a straight face. As for Xboners, they were screaming about TFs and 'most powerful console' when it was announced and boasting the same in PS thread, now that we know that isn't true and multiplats aren't showing that supposed TF difference, they're retreating back to 'dev tools not mature' argument. Fine, maybe we'll see that over time, maybe. But do you see Xboners criticizing MS for their lies? No, they gladly latch on to Phil's teats even if he laces them with poison. MS straight up lied about 'best place to play multiplats', 'most powerful console' and 'only place for Native 4K', and yet xBoners love swinging on their testicles.

:rofl::rofl:

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Easy both fanboys are morons. 

The value of XSX coupled with game pass is incomparable. Sony exclusives are dope as f**k too. So are Bethesda games. Very much worth it for me to pick a system for those.

There is zero substance behind the 500 pages of back and forth. 

Totally agree. What I haven’t got and console-wars existed earlier too is how sensitive and rabid fanbois on each side become. 

Jisko jo chahe le lega, uska paisa hai. Why expend so much energy to put down someone else’s choice of happiness? 

But then again I guess most of the traffic here is through this. So it’ll be quiet place if everyone actually behaved :fear1:

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Easy both fanboys are morons. 

The value of XSX coupled with game pass is incomparable. Sony exclusives are dope as f**k too. So are Bethesda games. Very much worth it for me to pick a system for those.

There is zero substance behind the 500 pages of back and forth. 

Saala diwal pe sir maarna sahi hai isse accha toh. Yeh le

Slap-1.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Totally agree. What I haven’t got and console-wars existed earlier too is how sensitive and rabid fanbois on each side become. 

Jisko jo chahe le lega, uska paisa hai. Why expend so much energy to put down someone else’s choice of happiness? 

But then again I guess most of the traffic here is through this. So it’ll be quiet place if everyone actually behaved :fear1:

It will be boring as hell if console wars doesn't exist. I think IVG has just enough of it. Not toxic like what happens on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

It will be boring as hell if console wars doesn't exist. I think IVG has just enough of it. Not toxic like what happens on Twitter.

Oh one of the 17-yr olds on Twitter called Yoshida San a “BC” 

I hope he doesn’t google the term. We may never get the PS5 if he does :giggle:

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

Oh one of the 17-yr olds on Twitter called Yoshida San a “BC” 

I hope he doesn’t google the term. We may never the PS5 :giggle:

:lol: and poor guy was keep on saying sorry for delayed launch.

..images (99).jpg
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

2. Astro, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy, Bugsnax. These released within 2 months. For 2021, there's RnC, GT7, HZD2, Returnal, GoWR(maybe), FFXVI, Deathloop, and these are only the ones we know of. As for 15/20 hours games, P5 and FF7R would like to have a word with you.

Yeah but you see, I only like 2 or 3 PS exclusives, which means everyone else also must like only 2 or 3 exclusives, which means they only survive with 2 or 3 exclusives. In the meantime let me port-beg Persona, Yakuza and Nioh to come to PC Steam only. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

How long are AA batteries lasting on controller ?

mine are not lasting long enough. Duracell Ultra that came with the controller lasted the longest - around 20-25 hours of gameplay. Amazonbasics non-rechargeable are going off after about 5-6 hours - but that could be because I started FH4 on Amazon batteries and those awesome haptics do come at a cost :(  

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

mine are not lasting long enough. Duracell Ultra that came with the controller lasted the longest - around 20-25 hours of gameplay. Amazonbasics non-rechargeable are going off after about 5-6 hours - but that could be because I started FH4 on Amazon batteries and those awesome haptics do come at a cost :(  

20-25 hours with Duracell is good but 5-6 hours ?

Are you planing to buy rechargeable batteries? 

3 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

try energizer lithium aa's

5 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Get the Panasonic (formerly Sanyo eneloops). They last crazy over 25 hours easy.