The Xbox Series X|S thread

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The physical media situation of xbox in India is pretty sad tbh. At best the resale value is way below Playstation version of the same game and at worst, the game itself is not available in india. Just check the availability and prices for xbox games on cex. 

This. The second hand market for PS games has been a God-send for me.

My avg annual spend will be less than the cost of a single new game.

Can't imagine spending 3-4k on every single game, particularly because I take a long time to finish them.

38 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Sarcasm or not, Sony's region restriction sucks.

Ffs, even Nintendo doesn't have that (another matter that their game prices are almost equally f**ked everywhere)

It's ok, only you have to jump through additional hoops to buy in other regions, like make new account, add funds using those PSN cards, then buy etc.

16 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's ok, only you have to jump through additional hoops to buy in other regions, like make new account, add funds using those PSN cards, then buy etc.

And then find the game you wanna buy is 10.01 USD

#RIP

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

This. The second hand market for PS games has been a God-send for me.

My avg annual spend will be less than the cost of a single new game.

Can't imagine spending 3-4k on every single game, particularly because I take a long time to finish them.

Same with me. Thank the gods for the second hand market. 100-200INR per game is pretty sweet.

Last game I bought early was BFV and that became boring pretty soon.

I'll follow the same routine stepping into next gen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

They should allow the region change

if someone moved countries he’s in trouble 

Lol I tried that earlier this gen hoping I could move my UK id to India. Basically Sony said "haha so long sucker". Actually what they did say is what we already are doing, create new id in whichever country, buy and continue using old ID to play. Which is a less than ideal workaround.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Bro it legit happened with me. Had $52.7 in wallet and the cart was $52.91. :thumbdown:

I carried around a 4.5 USD balance in my US account for like 10 months and finally did a f**k-this-sh*t purchase of FC5 and QD collection by adding a 20 USD card.

FC5 went cheaper in PSN IN sale 2 months after that, and I’m yet to start the goddamned game.

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

The best part is there are no regional restrictions ,can buy from the cheapest of regions.

5 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

So if my region is India ...how do I buy from for say USA store ?

Only way I see it actually being easy is if the US store accepts Indian cards. Hope that is the case.

14 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

AFAIK, for any store that requires foreign CC, best option is to simply use wallet points. Numerous sites sell digital wallet codes such as amazon.com, playasia.com etc. Just buy a digital code, redeem it and when you want to buy a game - just use the points. So if you want to buy a $60 game for example, buy a $60 wallet code, add it to account and then use the balance.

AFAIK, for any store that requires foreign CC, best option is to simply use wallet points. Numerous sites sell digital wallet codes such as amazon.com, playasia.com etc. Just buy a digital code, redeem it and when you want to buy a game - just use the points. So if you want to buy a $60 game for example, buy a $60 wallet code, add it to account and then use the balance.

Oks... but if I have an Indian account, I will have to change region to USA , add these wallet codes ? Buy the game and than change region to India ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, AnK said:

It’s not ideal for PSplus subscribers 

if someone moves region 

he basically losses all his past library of games that he paid for in that region 

right now only option he has is to keep buying digital PSplus code of that same region

Correct. I was lucky that mostly this gen I used plus on the indian id but yeah would be nice to have access to the games I had on Plus on my UK id during the ps3 days.

Ten New Titles, Critical Acclaim, and Exceptional Engagement Mark a Record Year for Xbox Game Studios

Ejkq7ixVoAAw0Ab?format=jpg&name=large

• 15 Xbox Game Studios games launched to-date* (10 of which are brand new titles) and many more to come, a record for Xbox.
  • 1.66 billion hours played by our fans and counting, the most ever year-to-date for Xbox Game Studios titles.
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator, our longest running franchise, returned with an overall Metacritic score of 92, a top-rated PC game this year.
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps was the highest-rated Xbox game we launched this year with an average Metacritic score of 90.
  • Grounded, a new release from Obsidian, quickly exceeded more than 1 million players, while Sea of Thieves has now surpassed 15 million players to date.
  • Wasteland 3 not only was a fan-favorite and previously won the award for best RPG at gamescom, it also had an average Metacritic score of 86.
  • In July at the Xbox Games Showcase we announced 5 new titles from Xbox Game Studios.

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Try with your debit card but with legit US address and cross your fingers. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It used to work flawlessly back in 2014-15, but people abused region hopping and they flipped the switch with additional security. It definitely doesn't work with some of the cheaper regions anymore like Argentina, Turkey etc.

22 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Try with your debit card but with legit US address and cross your fingers. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It used to work flawlessly back in 2014-15, but people abused region hopping and they flipped the switch with additional security. It definitely doesn't work with some of the cheaper regions anymore like Argentina, Turkey etc.

Ohh well, then not much better than PSN in that regard.

27 minutes ago, Right said:

SSD powahhhh!

Wasn't bad on X1X with SSD either - 10 Sec.

Ok 

Never had an ssd so dont know

Its through BC so pretty incredible 

sony will have the best loading though no doubt ,but 2-3 seconds here and there wont matter i guess.

Edited by triggr happy ss