The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

While I am not a big fan of subscription based model myself and prefer owning games, the argument that only day 1 games would attract people to subscribe is faulty IMO. There are tons of gamers out there who may be okay with waiting for a couple of months if they know that the game would eventually come to gamepass. 

Also, I think you are confusing a model like gamepass with games as a service (like what Rockstar seems to be doing with GTA/RDR online and what EA is doing with FIFA). Gamepass is just a subscription model where you can play whatever games you want. While it may be true that games don't release necessarily on Day1, I feel they don't need to. Personally I don't binge watch serials on Amazon Prime/Netflix and prefer getting to them when I have time. Why can't I do the same with games? And it gives me a huge library to try out games. 

Yes. agreed. but you dont find the "chef's special" on a buffet, do you. It is always a la-carte.

Similarly, older games on subscription and paying for the newer, I reckon, is a good model.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

While I am not a big fan of subscription based model myself and prefer owning games, the argument that only day 1 games would attract people to subscribe is faulty IMO. There are tons of gamers out there who may be okay with waiting for a couple of months if they know that the game would eventually come to gamepass. 

Also, I think you are confusing a model like gamepass with games as a service (like what Rockstar seems to be doing with GTA/RDR online and what EA is doing with FIFA). Gamepass is just a subscription model where you can play whatever games you want. While it may be true that games don't release necessarily on Day1, I feel they don't need to. Personally I don't binge watch serials on Amazon Prime/Netflix and prefer getting to them when I have time. Why can't I do the same with games? And it gives me a huge library to try out games. 

Also by episodic content, I was referring to Halo. 343 has clearly indicated that Halo infinite would be the last stand alone halo title for atleast a decade. They will release episodic content though. I wonder what is the reason behind this move, but Halo will remain "infinite" for a while now!

Edited by radicaldude

5 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Then don't and only talk about yourself. Don't imply people, paying full price at launch for games they want to play, are idiots. Worth of a game is personal and you don't get to decide that for everyone. So stop spouting that all the timr everywhere.

Also, as i said before, the gaming industry would cease to exist if millions were not buying games at launch or at full price. Just because you can't/aren't willing to, doesn't mean those who do are wrong or fools

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

RIP Nintendo fans (including myself) who shell out full price for games released on Switch. And shell out even more for virtual console titles :fear:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

In india, who isnt paying a premium for switch games though? :P

Me. In fact I don't pay a rupee for switch games :lol:

Would have liked to though and had the switch in cart multiple times over the past few months. But my limited play time these days has really been a damper. Last couple of months I doubt I've clocked even 20 hours in total. Thats a huge drop from about 30-40hrs a week last year :(

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

You are right.

I think you should go right ahead and buy the PS5 at launch and pay full 5000 for each exclusive. The Indian PS re-sale market really needs bakras like you who pay full game prices at launch and play a possibly buggy Version 1.0 of the game. 

In fact, I urge everyone to buy PS5 at launch and buy every available game immediately. It’ll help us folks who want to purchase games at sensible prices later.

You are clearly new to consoles and gaming since you don’t even know these basic things like when and at what prices to buy games.

Play on mobile please

But dont post BS like this again

He's one step away from saying that paying anything for games at all is stupid. As a matter of fact, what someone does with their money should not be his concern. He thinks he's being smart but instead coming around as a obnoxious idiot. If you can't afford to buy the games at launch then just don't buy it, be happy with the ration card of Baba Phil Chomu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

lol. de deta, agar mujhe  6 saal ke int-free EMI par mila hota to :P

That sounds good. I'll pay the 6th year emi, I'm sure @Nathan.Drake will pay the 5 year EMI since he suggested it. Sending you my address, I'll accept delivery :lol:

Also ignore my reading comprehension fail.

Edited by Walker
  • Haha 1

all types of people are there...some are paying 1lakh for ps5 right now that too without warranty... 5k for a game would be nothing to them. If you are fine paying 5k for games, go for it.

for me 5k is too much.. I would rather wait for the game price to decrease to 1k ish level before I buy... therefore subscription based model makes sense for me... 

Edited by hsk_colossus

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Good single player story driven titles that take the industry forward would slowly cease to exist.

They will need to have all types of games... if all are gaas type games, subscription mode will fail...

for it to be successful, they need variety, lots of different type games..

2 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

They will need to have all types of games... if all are gaas type games, subscription mode will fail...

for it to be successful, they need variety, lots of different type games..

Ofcourse, but after spending millions on a new IP, there are only two ways of earning revenue in my opinion.

1) Give the game away at the full price at launch

2) Keep players hooked by adding (timely) episodic content, if it is a part of some subscription service. I am sure no one would prefer giving away a stand alone AAA SP title at launch at extremely discounted rates via some subscription.

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ofcourse, but after spending millions on a new IP, there are only two ways of earning revenue in my opinion.

1) Give the game away at the full price at launch

2) Keep players hooked by adding (timely) episodic content, if it is a part of some subscription service. I am sure no one would prefer giving away a stand alone AAA SP title at launch at extremely discounted rates via some subscription.

3) provide good variety of content to keep increasing the subscriber number, each paying a monthly fee, reaching a critical mass to make it profitable.

i think to be succesfull you will need all types of games to keep different type of players happy..

lets see how it works out.. too early to say

3 minutes ago, adity said:

This is a very simple equation tbh. Games obviously cost money to make so you'll have to pay as much. Now MS is literally throwing 200+ games at you at throwaway prices (Live gold trick) plus with a number of decent acquisitions, you'll have to get it sooner or later. 

I got an XSX considering how great a deal it is. There are around 35 games on GPU which I really wanna play. They're last gen but that doesn't matter a whole lot considering last gen was pretty good. I can also play some old favorites like Fight Night Champion and RDR which I can't on PS5. 

However I'm in no delusion about the fact that I'll have to get a PS5 sooner or later (probably sooner). It also can't be denied that gaming is sh*t expensive especially these days with reduced incomes. Sure, you can play and resell discs but I'm not very keen on it since 

1. I like to see my collection grow and

2. Reselling is a f**king pain in the a*s. 

With all that said, the notion that media doesn't have to paid for is misguided because you can see anywhere streaming took over that it fundamentally changed the landscape. 

Album sales used to be the main money maker for musicians and touring was just a way of getting fans. Now they have to rely of touring revenue to make money and peddling shitty merch. This takes a lot of control away from them since most of money is being pocketed by labels and streaming services since most venues are owned by a couple of behemoths. 

Same is true for gaming. If we're moving to a sub only scenario for games, devs lose a lot of power to create what they want with the platform holder dictating what they want. So, either we keep buying games we like or say goodbye to gaming as we know it. 

Last two lines totally resonate my sentiment.