The Xbox Series X|S thread

22 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Well MS has killed off hardware divisions before as well. Heard of the MS Zune series?

Not just zune but a bunch of other stuff too. 

https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/T057-S001-microsoft-s-15-biggest-flops-of-all-time/index.html

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

I am not even sure what can be considered as an "Xbox game" anymore. With games releasing both on the PC and XSX, do we really need to invest on a standalone console if we have a decent enough PC that can run XsX games at decent enough frame rates? It is no secret that exclusives propel consoles. Not sure what MS is trying to achieve here.

They want you to subscribe to gamepass ,that's all. They don't care you play on pc or xbox ,as long as you use their services and part of their ecosystem.

7 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

They want you to subscribe to gamepass ,that's all. They don't care you play on pc or xbox ,as long as you use their services and part of their ecosystem.

That makes sense. But they can still save this generation if they come out with exclusives for xsx only. Wonder why they are changing the model. 

Ps:- I'm glad though that glory has returned/is returning to pc gaming master race again. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Coz they have realised that they can’t sell Systems & Games as long as Sony is around 

So opting for Subscription instead 

The main grip with xbox pass is the limited (time) access to the games. You need to finish them within a stipulated time period.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Coz they have realised that they can’t sell Systems & Games as long as Sony is around 

So opting for Subscription instead 

Xbox and 360 era both had killer games. Og Xbox era considered even better in games than 360 era. Its only Xbox one era they f**ked up. But its all about to change soon :)

Just now, playstationdude said:

Xbox 360 says hi, bro.

Do you realize how many stars had to align just right for X360 to give a proper competition?

1) Sony released PS3 1 year late

2) Sony were incredibly arrogant at PS3 launch, and also priced the PS3 $100 more (A big deal)

3) Sony put in the incredibly difficult to program for Cell Processor, which made developing games a pain for 3rd parties

4) Because of Sony's 1 year delay, Gears launched 1st on X360. MS saw the hype and positive reception it had and purchased the IP immediately. It was otherwise slated for a multi-platform release

5) MS Central Command gave the XBox division a blank cheque. They used that to purchase 3rd party timed and full exclusives left and right. Right from Japanese games to huge deals like GTA 4 DLCs

And with all of that, they were only able to keep the lead for the first half of the console gen, and almost tied/just lost the X360 gen. Of course both the PS2 gen and the PS4 gen just curb-stomped them when Sony got it's act together.

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Do you realize how many stars had to align just right for X360 to give a proper competition?

1) Sony released PS3 1 year late

2) Sony were incredibly arrogant at PS3 launch, and also priced the PS3 $100 more (A big deal)

3) Sony put in the incredibly difficult to program for Cell Processor, which made developing games a pain for 3rd parties

4) Because of Sony's 1 year delay, Gears launched 1st on X360. MS saw the hype and positive reception it had and purchased the IP immediately. It was otherwise slated for a multi-platform release

5) MS Central Command gave the XBox division a blank cheque. They used that to purchase 3rd party timed and full exclusives left and right. Right from Japanese games to huge deals like GTA 4 DLCs

And with all of that, they were only able to keep the lead for the first half of the console gen, and almost tied/just lost the X360 gen. Of course both the PS2 gen and the PS4 gen just curb-stomped them when Sony got it's act together.

Something similar is happening this gen too. Sony has not at all been forthcoming w.r.t ps5 updates. Not to mention it is expected to be in short supply. On the other hand, MS has been focussing on Marketing series X , plus they are well prepared to flood the market with a more powerful console. This can actually help them capture a bigger share as a lot of people will pickul the console released earlier/available at christmas.

12 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Well MS has killed off hardware divisions before as well. Heard of the MS Zune series?

Im not fan of MS approach as well. Iam against bringing games to PC but they doing it coz they want to move away from console going forward. Series X will be last system for next 5 to 6 years and then all streaming and PC.

I don't own a high end PC or want to invest in high end PC. So seriesX for me as it offers high end pc experience equivalent to 280Ti at 500$. If i had one or planning to upgrade then i would have preferred PC and PS5 combo as well. PC and PS5 combo is the best combo if you have capable high end PC, if not then seriesX and PS5.  

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Something similar is happening this gen too. Sony has not at all been forthcoming w.r.t ps5 updates. Not to mention it is expected to be in short supply. On the other hand, MS has been focussing on Marketing series X , plus they are well prepared to flood the market with a more powerful console. This can actually help them capture a bigger share as a lot of people will pickul the console released earlier/available at christmas.

Sony performs better with a fire lit under their a*s.

There is a reason PS3 is a golden console for gamers, with so many exclusives and multimedia capability( big deal for it's gen )

If it was a stomp like the PS4 era we wouldn't have got all those exclusives.

10 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

PC master race says hi!

I think MS is planning something on the lines of steam boxes . Maybe MS branded gaming PCs

Edited by radicaldude

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Im not fan of MS approach as well. Iam against bringing games to PC but they doing it coz they want to move away from console going forward. Series X will be last system for next 5 to 6 years and then all streaming and PC.

I don't own a high end PC or want to invest in high end PC. So seriesX for me as it offers high end pc experience equivalent to 280Ti at 500$. If i had one or planning to upgrade then i would have preferred PC and PS5 combo as well. PC and PS5 combo is the best combo if you have capable high end PC, if not then seriesX and PS5.  

not planning to upgrade zodak?

Just now, radicaldude said:

I think neither ps5 nor xsx would win this generation, but the PC. The golden era of pc gaming is back!!

(Only if they launched more PC titles physically)

not happening boss.

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

PC master race says hi!

I think MS is planning something on the lines of steam boxes . Maybe MS branded gaming PCs

To be fair, its a master race only in terms of specs on paper. Actual games are made with consoles in mind, and if possible(after much petitions by the Master Race) ported later to PC:P

Just now, radicaldude said:

I think neither ps5 nor xsx would win this generation, but the PC. The golden era of pc gaming is back!!

(Only if they launched more PC titles physically)

1) Get rid of Denuvo and other such junk

2) Bring back regional pricing for games

3) Bring  down the prices for PC HW to acceptable levels. No, paying 35k - 40k just for an entry level GPU (Other parts extra) which can play games at similar settings to base PS4 and on a small 24" screen at 1080p and variable 30 fps or 60 fps (Ultra Low Settings) is not acceptable.

4) Get rid of these store exclusive crap

After all of that, then we can talk about the So-Called "Return of the Glorious PC Master Race". Till then, these pseudo-PC consoles will still be reigning supreme.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The transition has started already. Xsx is actually a PC in disguise. Look at steam. You shall find so many console games.

Exclusives on either console will take it away, PC is not winning this gen and it does not have to tbh.