The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, AnK said:

M$ has a big stake in PC 

called windows if anyone missed it 

last i checked gamespass & all M$ owned games were exclusive to windows 

don’t know if that has changed 

It has changed ,ms is releasing games on steam as well. I think even halo infinite is confirmed for steam. They want to make money at every opportunity they can get. They would love to have their games on ps and Nintendo too if they could. They are looking at the bigger picture and everyone will follow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

M$ has a big stake in PC 

called windows if anyone missed it 

last i checked gamespass & all M$ owned games were exclusive to windows 

don’t know if that has changed 

They changed their tune when they figured out nobody wants to use their Windows store as it is so bad. ? 

Gears and HALO available on Steam. Sea of Thieves coming soon. Expect future games to launch on Steam too! 

Now MS wants to cover all bases. From PC to Family Entertainment System to Cloud Gaming as they lost console portion long ago. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

PS5 logo reveal got more views and interaction compared to the the Xbox reveal where Both console and hellblade 2 was shown. 

PlayStation studios logo reveal surpassed the Xbox gameplay reveal YT view count in less than 24 hours. 

Congrats 

Isn't that the whole point of exclusives? So that the percieved value of a console is more? Would people look at the PS4 the same way if it wasn't for Spidey, Naughty Dog games , God Of War etc etc? Thats what makes people buy the consoles. Why am I explaining this I thought its obvious :ko:
Because the fact that you feel the value of your item diminishes if someone else uses that item for his own use. That's absurd on completely different level. Someone else's enjoyment should not affect you in any way.

It won't change my perception of Sony at all if all PS4 exclusives start coming to PC like Yakuza, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Heavy Rain/Detroit which have already come and if Spidey, Uncharted, God of work etc come too.

Have you even seen the popularity of Halo on PC recently? You have any idea how much people are praising Halo for coming to PC?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

How does it matter to you if people buy Xbox consoles or not ? As a gamer shouldnt you be happy that you have the options as to where they want to play the game?  Personally I would love to have Xbox,Sony and Nintendo joining hand and the need to buy just one hardware. To bad that's never gonna happen for console gamers atleast. I think pc gamers will have the best time this generation once Sony starts to release all their games on pc.

Exactly my point.

Ultimately its a business decision. MS is also releasing their games exclusively to their ecosystem, they're not putting Halo and Forza on PS4. Every platform owner has exclusives because they add value to their platform. Holding content hostage to your store/platform has been a tried and tested strategy for as long as trade business has existed.

True, but as a consumer i should be happy if the game releases on multiple platforms because it does not affect me in any way if people get the choice to play the game on their platform of choice. What's sad is actually people against it. As a consumer.

How does it matter to you if people buy Xbox consoles or not ? As a gamer shouldnt you be happy that you have the options as to where they want to play the game?  Personally I would love to have Xbox,Sony and Nintendo joining hand and the need to buy just one hardware. To bad that's never gonna happen for console gamers atleast. I think pc gamers will have the best time this generation once Sony starts to release all their games on pc.

Exactly my point.

Ultimately its a business decision. MS is also releasing their games exclusively to their ecosystem, they're not putting Halo and Forza on PS4. Every platform owner has exclusives because they add value to their platform. Holding content hostage to your store/platform has been a tried and tested strategy for as long as trade business has existed.

True, but as a consumer i should be happy if the game releases on multiple platforms because it does not affect me in any way if people get the choice to play the game on their platform of choice. What's sad is actually people against it. As a consumer.

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

For example on IVG,  most previous owners of Xbox moved to pc and ps and now even if MS release high quality games they will just play those games on pc through game pass, no need of Xbox. So MS losing on lot of potential Xbox hardware customers. 

How does it matter ? Forget the console sales and just play the game. More games being sold on more platforms means more games to play eventually. I would rather prefer ms releasing their exclusives on 10 platforms and giving me 100 games to play instead of just the 1 console with 10 games. 

42 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Why is it different if it would be releasing on ps5 as well?

Because Consoles are direct competitors due to very similar Price points. A console gamer would prefer choosing a ps5 over xsx if all the games are available on ps5.

The transition from Xbox to PS isnt as big as console to Pc because of price barrier to enter Pc gaming.

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

:console:

That's why Xbox threads needed. Always a chaos. ?

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

They are selling it through steam alright 

but the OS needed to run is still Windows right?!

the games can’t run on Mac or Linux can they?!?

Of course Windows only. Linux gaming is meme. Mac has like 4% market. Don't think that will ever change. 

36 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think sony wont do that. The japs think differently. Nintendo has been launching exclusives since 3+ decades and is doing better than ever even with an inferior hardware.

That is kind of the point. MS keeps on going with the whole "Most Powerful System" approach, but the hardware doesn't matter much to most people. If Sony announced PS5 to be restricted to 1080p, 60 FPS because of inferior hardware, but delivers on the exclusives like it did with PS4, it will outsell any 4K capable console MS can put out.

Nintendo has an excellent array of first party games, and thats why people buy their systems and accessories. 

19 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

That is kind of the point. MS keeps on going with the whole "Most Powerful System" approach, but the hardware doesn't matter much to most people. If Sony announced PS5 to be restricted to 1080p, 60 FPS because of inferior hardware, but delivers on the exclusives like it did with PS4, it will outsell any 4K capable console MS can put out.

Nintendo has an excellent array of first party games, and thats why people buy their systems and accessories. 

It do to the early adopter crowd, later on nobody cares apart from fan kiddies.

Also both will do 4k30fps, marketing demands it, but you may have some minor "low graphics" in the PS5 version of multiplats considering MUH 12 TFLOPS ADVANTAGE :DDDDDD, not all that noticeable anywhere apart from Digital Foundry videos :rofl:

Remember the Xflop happened right at the start in late 2013 with the forced Kinect for $500, always on, you can't sell/share your disc games and #DealWithIt as the cherry to top their shitcake :rofl:

This full gen they were never able to recover from this sh*t :rofl:

Thing is even though the start of a generation is decided with how non-retarded the announcement event is, release date,pricing muh games etc, it is ended based on how much exclusives a side can put out, that is how during the PS360 Gen PS3 ended up being the better console than x360.

Exclusives won't alone win Sony this gen, but it gives them a better fighting chance considering MS gets the lead early on and rests upon its MUH 12 TFLOPS laurels.

This gen Xchuts could never comeback because literally no gaems to differentiate their black box from the Japanese black box :rofl:

Sony studios launched 4 new IPs afaik this gen, Xbox walas still stuck with making shitty sequels to Gayers, Halol and Chorza

2 hours ago, adity said:

None of those studios are anything close Sony studio's level. We Happy Few dev released one big meh game. Inxile has been dead for a while. Ninja Theory has had one successful game. Playground made games for MS exclusively anyway. Also, state of decay dev made one 1 indie game and the sequel was poorly recieved. 

On the other hand, Sony acquired Insomniac which exceeds the caliber of all of Microsoft's acquisitions except maybe playground and Obsidian (big maybe). 

Highlights the difference in approach of both companies. MS acquires bargain bin struggling companies and Sony acquires top of the line devs. Microsoft slaps you in the face with its $1 eat all you can buffet chindi exclusives and Sony gives you top of the line $60 critically acclaimed exclusives. 

Where and when i compared with Sony studios? You sound like a insecure Sony fanboy with your post. And big lol you trashing Xbox games without even playing them lol. 

Sony has well established studios since PS2 days. MS doing catchup right now and yes they haven't reached Sony level yet, keyword is yet :P

As far as studios are concerned then Inexile already posted that their next RPG is AAA made using UE5

Compulsion studios game we happy few was in development before joining MS and they already working on new big budget game

Obsidian also posted they working on their next big RPG 

Hellblade 2 and Project Mara is under development using UE5 by NT

Initiative rumoured to show their new game sometime this year and PG will show Fable.

And then you have Halo and Forza coming. 

July event will show 1st batch of first party and more 2nd party money hatt exclusives.

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

So lets talk logically keeping fanboyism aside for a second. Lets assume the next Gears Of War comes out in 2021, it's the best game ever since sliced bread. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. You are enjoying playing the game a lot on your Xbox like you rightly should. Now if XYZ another guy who does not own an Xbox plays the game on his PC and agrees that the game is awesome, you as the owner of the Xbox while enjoying your game will feel the value of your console diminished because another person who has absolutely no connection to you is enjoying the game that he paid for on a platform that he bought with his own money??

Do you understand how absurd is that. This is fanboyism and gatekeeping at another level. You honestly loose nothing as a customer if someone else also plays the game on another platform.

Well that's a decision they made that they want to use PC as their preferred platform. If they get to play Gears & Halo on their PC how does it affect you as an Xbox gamer. Like MS should be the one worried about potential loss of hardware sales, why do you as a customer care at all? Infact at this time MS is fine with it and you as a consumer should have no effect.

I don't care much now, i totally understand MS vision which is play anywhere using gamepass. Im just telling you that for many is a big factor affecting their purchase decision.