The Xbox Series X|S thread

10 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Getting this error

I1BPsrQ.png

Hope this is limited to only twitter post and not to launch XSX :fear:

:lol:

The 360 boot-up animation used to be so good! More than that though I liked the OG Xbox one. :fear1:

12 hours ago, AnK said:

It’s hilarious that ppl have the audacity to compare both the designs 

lol 

one has a design 

& for the other one,there is!!! no design! 
you need to go back to your kindergarten lessons & come back if you call it a design!! 

it’s just a tall box 

a f**ckin box which is tall 

where is the design!!

are you serious ? do you think design is all about multiple colors and irregular shapes ? XSX design encompasses the core concept of minimalism , the design concept where you prioritize only the most essential and necessary elements of a product and get rid of anything that's not required. 

Irony is that you're asking others to learn design, whilst you have little to no idea of the same.  To give you a more layman analogy, check the home page design of Google & Yahoo.  Yahoo has all those links, pictures, videos and what not, while all Google has is a logo and some minimum hyperlinks at the bottom.  The latter is the concept of minimalism where only the essential (search bar) is highlighted to the user, as nothing else is required.  Both approaches have their pros and cons, and is subjective depends on what your preferences are , but to say xsx doesn't have a design as its designed like a box is laughable :lol:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

What?!? :rofl:

Google yahoo web design ?!? 

Arrey pai!! :rofl:

*sigh* that's all u got from that post ?  good luck staying in your ignoramus bubble :console:

Edited by Ne0

40 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

are you serious ? do you think design is all about multiple colors and irregular shapes ? XSX design encompasses the core concept of minimalism , the design concept where you prioritize only the most essential and necessary elements of a product and get rid of anything that's not required. 

Irony is that you're asking others to learn design, whilst you have little to no idea of the same.  To give you a more layman analogy, check the home page design of Google & Yahoo.  Yahoo has all those links, pictures, videos and what not, while all Google has is a logo and some minimum hyperlinks at the bottom.  The latter is the concept of minimalism where only the essential (search bar) is highlighted to the user, as nothing else is required.  Both approaches have their pros and cons, and is subjective depends on what your preferences are , but to say xsx doesn't have a design as its designed like a box is laughable :lol:

I agree with most of you guys saying its simplistic, minimalist.  But I am disappointed that they didn't consider a practical angle. Having a wonderful X OneX and One S design/form but then coming up with a box that DOESN'T fit under most of the Entertainment units is a very bad practical design(if PS5 also ends up not fitting , then they also should be blamed of course).

If they want to keep it minimalist + Paractical, they could have chosen to build like a typical AV receiver as well. Which can also be practical + minimalist

Consoles are not PC and that is a major differentiating factor that it fits neatly and hidden away in our entertainment units. 

10 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I agree with most of you guys saying its simplistic, minimalist.  But I am disappointed that they didn't consider a practical angle. Having a wonderful X OneX and One S design/form but then coming up with a box that DOESN'T fit under most of the Entertainment units is a very bad practical design(if PS5 also ends up not fitting , then they also should be blamed of course).

If they want to keep it minimalist + Paractical, they could have chosen to build like a typical AV receiver as well. Which can also be practical + minimalist

Consoles are not PC and that is a major differentiating factor that it fits neatly and hidden away in our entertainment units. 

I can understand the preference for having a horizontal friendly form factor, considering most TV units already have been designed keeping that in mind.  i'm not entirely sure, but i think the current vertical design would've been decided after enough market research and user inputs or maybe some hard dependency on the form factors of the required materials.  Not sure.  Maybe it'll thin down in the later stages. 

But, if you see its not that tall as ppl are making it out to be, just check back the previous page where I posted a hands on video.  I think it would be as tall as the current gen PS4 or the xbox 1x/s, check this image .   

PS5-Size-770x433.jpg

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

I can understand the preference for having a horizontal friendly form factor, considering most TV units already have been designed keeping that in mind.  i'm not entirely sure, but i think the current vertical design would've been decided after enough market research and user inputs or maybe some hard dependency on the form factors of the required materials.  Not sure.  Maybe it'll thin down in the later stages. 

But, if you see its not that tall as ppl are making it out to be, just check back the previous page where I posted a hands on video.  I think it would be as tall as the current gen PS4 or the xbox 1x/s, check this image .   

PS5-Size-770x433.jpg

Problem i have with the design is putting it under the TV, not sure if I can place it vertical, I can't even put my gears one as it kind of becomes an irritant, so I have it placed horizontally. I can maybe try to integrate this somewhere close to my subwoofer, can't see it on top of my entertainment unit. 

Coming to PS5, that crap design should just go behind the entertainment unit, with just hdmi cable coming out. I think the reason they got the digital console is that you can hide it away and never need to see it again. 

Bottomline : Both consoles suck in display department.

Edited by AtheK

20 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Series x does both things much better than the ps5 

HC6INXh.jpg

Mine has more than enough space for PS5 (once PS4 Pro is gone) but Series X wont fit there. And I've had it raised from 3 inches to 5 inches for ventilation. And yet it is one inch short for SX. I'm guessing most people don't have 6+ inches tall cabinet compartments, but people can measure it and confirm.

15 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

HC6INXh.jpg

Mine has more than enough space for PS5 (once PS4 Pro is gone) but Series X wont fit there. And I've had it raised from 3 inches to 5 inches for ventilation. And yet it is one inch short for SX. I'm guessing most people don't have 6+ inches tall cabinet compartments, but people can measure it and confirm.

6" is very less ,I think you are an exception. 

There is not much difference between the series x and ps5 when placed horizontally if you include the stand.

I will place both of them vertically coz they look the best like that ,but to be honest more worried about the ps5 topling over than the Xbox .

There is not much difference between the series x and ps5 when placed horizontally if you include the stand.

I will place both of them vertically coz they look the best like that ,but to be honest more worried about the ps5 topling over than the Xbox .
Why would you include the stand when placing PS5 horizontally?

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

From photos it looks like you need the stand even horizontally. But the stand goes inside the concave space on the side so it probably won't raise beyond half an inch.