The Xbox Series X|S thread

19 minutes ago, -13- said:

I think the XSX is about 2/3rd the volume of the PS5.

PS - Actually 27% more volume.

Xbox SX 

yySKGi415e9UcmiGm1lil9tmtaweUV_Zfw4tVaKP

PS5 

109713319-1901208.jpg

volume is similar, it is the perception you create when you equate tallness with "bigger" and THICCness with smaller

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Well, they do need to give their loyal console warriors something to keep them busy. Meanwhile ps games are busy enjoying TLOU2 and preparing for GOT :rofl:

*Plays Ori spitefully*

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

Oh wait a min

I think this is not the correct way of measuring the correct mass

XBSX is just a box ? 

But PS5 is a “design” (physical world design before someone jumps into software design)

we need to know if the dimensions mentioned above are of the maximum or the minimum of that particular parameter 

like if you take the length,width of the stand & apply that to the whole console then it’s foolish 

similarly the side where the disc reader is bumped out can’t be applied to the whole lengh of the console 

This is much more complicated than simple volume formula applied above 

Did you even go to school ? wtf is a physical world design ? Design is a neutral concept, can be applied from a house to a web to a phone.  Read up a little before you type nonsense.

Such salt in this thread; over looks nonetheless. :rofl:

25 minutes ago, AnK said:

like if you take the length,width of the stand & apply that to the whole console then it’s foolish 

similarly the side where the disc reader is bumped out can’t be applied to the whole lengh of the console 

This is much more complicated than simple volume formula applied above 

Unless you're planning to stuff reading material or snacks in those curves, that is the effective volume.

Edited by -13-

15 minutes ago, AnK said:

Ok keep applying

i just have to laugh :rofl:

Yeah, considering your iq level from the quality of your posts, guess anything else that requires more cerebral power is clearly beyond your grasp.

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

That’s what I am saying 

we don’t know exactly what side of the dimensions have been reported in that photo 

if someone goes ahead & takes the length & the width of the stand & calculates the volume of that device 

it would be foolish

Anyway

let’s see what’s the actual mass & weight soon  

5 Kilos for both me thinks.

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Why does the volume even matter?? 

less volume == sMaLLeSt cOnsOLe

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Yes you are correct. It is not possible to calculate volume like this for a non geometrical shape like ps5. 

I personally don't give a f**k how the console looks tbh and I bet no one else does too. I think this discussion is only happening because we don't have anything to discuss. Need to let the hype out lol. 

Lol i will keep it vertically next to my PC, always wanted to keep my PS4 also but fear that it would fall over :fear:

3 minutes ago, -13- said:

Maybe try getting a PS5-shaped TV cabinet in the meantime? That will save some space.

If TV cabinets can fit in the xVCR, It can surely fit the PS5, after all it isn't a geometry primitive :lol:

1 minute ago, PhantomShade said:

If TV cabinets can fit in the xVCR, It can surely fit the PS5, after all it isn't a geometry primitive :lol:

That's okay. I don't blame you for not having a clue about what that statement meant. :)

2 hours ago, AnK said:

Does a Cone & a Cylinder have the same Volume?!?

If you go all out calculating and  integrating the volume of different shapes making up the ps5, on paper it might come out to be lower, but for all practical purposes such as storage, you'll have to consider the ps5 a cuboid too, much like a series x. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

That’s the whole point 

the actual volume/mass would be only marginally different 

So which one would you consider to be the smallest next gen console?!?

The one with the smaller dimensions?

Its a moot point but if it gives MS something to brag about, might as well let them have it. Sure as hell they're not getting any attention with their games.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

If you go all out calculating and  integrating the volume of different shapes making up the ps5, on paper it might come out to be lower, but for all practical purposes such as storage, you'll have to consider the ps5 a cuboid too, much like a series x. 

I still feel xsx can still be better placed in a TV unit, maybe in the subwoofer space or next to the tv and no one would pay any special attention to it.

PS5 on the other hand, would look really weird in a living room. Especially the disc version. Also, I'm afraid if that plastic would just break off if mishandled by mistake. I hope Sony offers better colours and removes that protruding plastic down the line !

The PS5 And Xbox Series X Are Both Huge For The Same Reason

PlayStation Vice President of UX design Matt Maclaurin commented on some Linkedin posts—as spotted by VG24/7—telling another commentor that “thermals” were the reason for the impressive size.

“This gen is little supercomputers,” he wrote in a now-deleted post. “While the 7nm process delivers amazing heat performance for the power, the power is very extreme.”

It’s not surprising. Microsoft gave a similar explanation for the Xbox Series X design, though it went into a little more detail. In an interview with Eurogamer, Xbox director of Mechanical Engineering Jim Wahl explained the complex airflow considerations that gave the Series X its distinctive shape.