The Xbox Series X|S thread

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Part of me hopes that Obsidian is doing Fable. 

Also, which game is that fox from from the video? First time I'm seeing it

PG created a 2nd studio full of people from Obsidian, Rockstar, Rocksteady, SSm, Bethesda n all. 2nd studio only full of people who worked on rpg games. 

Apparently MS wants to buy WB, if they actually manage to buy Batman and MK it would be really good for the games on Xbox. Son's Spiderman vs Microsoft's Batman.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/microsoft-interested-in-buying-batman-mortal-komba/1100-6479379/

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Apparently MS wants to buy WB, if they actually manage to buy Batman and MK it would be really good for the games on Xbox. Son's Spiderman vs Microsoft's Batman.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/microsoft-interested-in-buying-batman-mortal-komba/1100-6479379/

Ms will never make these big ips exclusive , we will most likely see them on gamepass day 1 and everywhere else for 60$.

Entire WB is not for sale, only their gaming division is. Only studios are for sale, not the IPs.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Only studios are for sale,

Good first party studios are exactly what Microsoft needs right now with original IP's. 

Rocksteady

Monolith Studios (Middle-earth: Shadow games)

WB Montreal (Arkham Origins)

These are all good devs and MS would profit immensely. If upcoming Harry Potter game is good then add Avalance Software to that list. 

If they can nab those studios, MS can do what Sony did in PS3 era and can make a big comeback in the midde/late console cycle. 

Edited by dylanjosh

Biggest is Netherrealm studios. Mortal Kombat + injustice and can put games out regularly in a short span of time + dlc. Just what services like gamepass want.

Others are SP studios who take their sweet time to put out games. 

If MS can do this, MS can do that.... MS be doing nothing lol

Since we're hypothesizing stuff, if MS could bully Rockstar into making GTA 6 a timed exclusive (say 1 year), they'd get more people on board than they could with 10 different first party studio developing exclusives titles for them lol 

Obviously, this is out of the question, I'm only joking of course. 

Ms will never make these big ips exclusive , we will most likely see them on gamepass day 1 and everywhere else for 60$.

That's how they define exclusives now, all MS exclusives will come on PC on both Steam & MS store. Giving the user the choice to buy it on whatever platform they want is the best decision they have ever made.

Entire WB is not for sale, only their gaming division is. Only studios are for sale, not the IPs.  
Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Even the studios without the IP are amazing. Though if i am correct Netherelems own MK. Even if not these studios are quality, they can make really good new IPs as well.

Good first party studios are exactly what Microsoft needs right now with original IP's. 

Rocksteady
Monolith Studios (Middle-earth: Shadow games)
WB Montreal (Arkham Origins)

These are all good devs and MS would profit immensely. If upcoming Harry Potter game is good then add Avalance Software to that list. 

If they can nab those studios, MS can do what Sony did in PS3 era and can make a big comeback in the midde/late console cycle. 

Agreed 100%

Biggest is Netherrealm studios. Mortal Kombat + injustice and can put games out regularly in a short span of time + dlc. Just what services like gamepass want.

Others are SP studios who take their sweet time to put out games. 

Netherelems are really really good. I absolutely Suck at fighting games but i still buy them because it's fun to play and the stories are also really good.

If MS can do this, MS can do that.... MS be doing nothing lol

Since we're hypothesizing stuff, if MS could bully Rockstar into making GTA 6 a timed exclusive (say 1 year), they'd get more people on board than they could with 10 different first party studio developing exclusives titles for them lol 

Obviously, this is out of the question, I'm only joking of course. 

Considering MS's overall revenue is double of Sony they actually can. But I am against exclusives of any kind. And R* are not what they used to be. They have become this gready only care about money org. Not the one I remember from my childhood.

8 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Considering MS's overall revenue is double of Sony they actually can. But I am against exclusives of any kind. And R* are not what they used to be. They have become this gready only care about money org. Not the one I remember from my childhood.

MS has deep pockets, but that would be pretty insane.

Imagine that happening. Sure, Rockstar likes to make their money but they deliver on their product 100% every damn time. 

They control the market a lot, if the next GTA were to be an exclusive/timed exclusive, that alone could determine the console war :) 

MS has deep pockets, but that would be pretty insane.

Imagine that happening. Sure, Rockstar likes to make their money but they deliver on their product 100% every damn time. 
They control the market a lot, if the next GTA were to be an exclusive/timed exclusive, that alone could determine the console war [emoji4] 

Yeah like KC said don't think that will ever happen considering that their main source of income now are those shark cards which need as large a install base as possible.

Plus for me personally the R* magic is gone.
GTA 3,VC,San Andreas were so much more fun than 4 or 5.
Also RDR 1 was more fun than 2.

Not to mention Bully and Midnight Club and all the other games that they used to make were cult classic and amazing. They will never go back to these games again.

11 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Nothing of that sort will happen. Microsoft tried that with gta 4's standalone dlc and nothing happened. 

Oh yeah I remember they got hold of GTA IV DLC lol

@i_rock098 Everytime somebody mentions old R* games, the next 50 posts are discussing Rockstar, and why they should bring Bully and Midnight Club back lol

I personally enjoyed the hell out of RDR2, never played the original I'm afraid. RDR2 is one game that looks so good I'd say its already next-gen quality, you could sell it as a launch day title as is.

Don't think anybody who's seen the game on PS4 Pro or One X will disagree 

Oh yeah I remember they got hold of GTA IV DLC lol

[mention=2437]i_rock098[/mention] Everytime somebody mentions old R* games, the next 50 posts are discussing Rockstar, and why they should bring Bully and Midnight Club back lol

I personally enjoyed the hell out of RDR2, never played the original I'm afraid. RDR2 is one game that looks so good I'd say its already next-gen quality, you could sell it as a launch day title as is.
Don't think anybody who's seen the game on PS4 Pro or One X will disagree 
That's why I used the word fun not how pretty it looks. The older games were more fun. The new ones are more pretty. There is a reason thay got such a fan following, especially in India because their old games were gold standard on how good games can be.

1 minute ago, i_rock098 said:

That's why I used the word fun not how pretty it looks. The older games were more fun. The new ones are more pretty. There is a reason thay got such a fan following, especially in India because their old games were gold standard on how good games can be.

For RDR2, sure I can take that.

But GTA 5 is still insane amount of fun, or at least thats how I feel.

I played all the old GTA games, and I love them for the nostalgia but I personally feel GTA 5 took the same elements and takes it up a notch or two. 

Either way, even if its more pretty than actual fun, GTA VI is a no-questions-asked preorder for me. 

Won't blame him some of these xbox fans are crazy and make up stupid rumors. like there was some guy here saying ninja theory has 4 games in production when they've just 80-100 ppl working for them. When a dev says that they've multiple projects in the pipeline doesn't mean all of them will go or are in production. Use common sense. 

• Like 1