The Xbox Series X|S thread

I hope they don't waste resources and have their new teams work on turd IP's like crackdown, fable, perfect dark , that ninja turtles clone or any of their old stuff which is mostly all terrible. Have the new teams make new IP's. 

10 hours ago, Aloy said:

I would be very very pissed off if the next Mortal Kombat and Batman become exclusive games, especially Batman as I loved the Arkham Series

Well good. Sony holding Spiderman hostage and not letting Xbox and pc owners enjoy Spiderman. Atleast with MS, you will get pc version of the Batman game.

Hope this happens just to piss off Ponies. :rofl:

But knowing MS, i doubt they will acquire any of them. :/

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Well good. Sony holding Spiderman hostage and not letting Xbox and pc owners enjoy Spiderman. Atleast with MS, you will get pc version of the Batman game.

Even if they do aquire the studios, they dont get the DC license. That goes back to DC.

Only MK will remain with them.

9 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Even if they do aquire the studios, they dont get the DC license. That goes back to DC.

Only MK will remain with them.

So i was wondering same then someone on other forums said this- 

They are (allegedly) buying a Warner division, including the name, with the Warner affiliation, as long as Warner licences the Batman ip then there's no reason why they won't have the game rights.

Also DC will easily give rights to MS if Rocksteady under MS as Rocksteady expert at Batman games. 

9 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Lol @ holding hostage.

Thats called exclusivity and its the reason should buy a playstation before xbox.

18 minutes ago, pArth said:

Lol @ holding hostage.

Thats called exclusivity and its the reason should buy a playstation before xbox.

Ya so nothing wrong in Batman games becoming exclusive to MS after they acquire them and sign a exclusive deal.

Anyway,  MS holding few announcements for August event as well to counter Sony according to Venturebeat

https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/07/xbox-games-showcase-what-to-expect-from-the-july-event/

Edited by WhiteWolf

33 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Ya so nothing wrong in Batman games becoming exclusive to MS after they acquire them and sign a exclusive deal.

Anyway,  MS holding few announcements for August event as well to counter Sony according to Venturebeat

https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/07/xbox-games-showcase-what-to-expect-from-the-july-event/

I found nothing in that article that talks about holding back. (excepting for Initiative Game which doesn't qualify for holding back if they are not yet ready!!)

It is formed in 2018 and understandable if they got no gameplay to show.

Also why would they hold back? May be they might hold back on lockhart announcement that is all. With games, they need to show their cards. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Yes absolutely nothing wrong. Even if they aquire exclusive rights to batman games, I doubt MS has what it takes to inspire a good quality exclusive game.

Spiderman isn't exclusive to PS4/5. Insomniac's version is exclusive just like how Arkham version of Batman is exclusive to Rocksteady. Sony can make another Batman VR game if they want, and so can Telltale or any other publisher DC wants to work with.

54 minutes ago, pArth said:

Yes absolutely nothing wrong. Even if they aquire exclusive rights to batman games, I doubt MS has what it takes to inspire a good quality exclusive game.

Rocksteady will join them if they acquire WB gaming division as they part of package. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

So rumours are PG Fable will be very different from old Fable. It will be massive open world more in line with Witcher and Skyrim than what Lionhead made in past. So basically they using name of Fable but very different from whatever garbage Lionhead was making in past. Good coz fuk old Fable games. 

Same is happening with new Perfect Dark. Its more in line with DeusEx games.

Nothing is confirmed. All just rumours, so lets see what happens on July 23rd.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Spiderman isn't exclusive to PS4/5. Insomniac's version is exclusive just like how Arkham version of Batman is exclusive to Rocksteady. Sony can make another Batman VR game if they want, and so can Telltale or any other publisher DC wants to work with.

I think Disney/Marvel gave Sony licence for Spiderman Games (at least temporarily), so Marvel movies could incorporate Spiderman, the movie rights of which does belong to Sony. I don't know how many games this will include, but safe to say, any Spiderman games developed under Sony will be exclusive to PS for a long time (i.e. until it's value expires, is available for dirt cheap everywhere and they want to promote a new console/burst console sales like Horizon)

@WhiteWolf Sony is not holding Spiderman hostage. No one is stopping you from buying/playing the Activision Spiderman games. But Spiderman games developed by sony - you have to play on PS. Unfortunately, the good Spiderman games are the ones developed by Sony.

22 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So rumours are PG Fable will be very different from old Fable. It will be massive open world more in line with Witcher and Skyrim than what Lionhead made in past. So basically they using name of Fable but very different from whatever garbage Lionhead was making in past. Good coz fuk old Fable games. 

I just want them to nail the fairy-tale aesthethic and atmosphere. Heck get in some classic characters too. There are lots of fairy tales in the public domain they can use. 

22 minutes ago, roun90 said:

I think Disney/Marvel gave Sony licence for Spiderman Games (at least temporarily), so Marvel movies could incorporate Spiderman, the movie rights of which does belong to Sony. I don't know how many games this will include, but safe to say, any Spiderman games developed under Sony will be exclusive to PS for a long time (i.e. until it's value expires, is available for dirt cheap everywhere and they want to promote a new console/burst console sales like Horizon)

@WhiteWolf Sony is not holding Spiderman hostage. No one is stopping you from buying/playing the Activision Spiderman games. But Spiderman games developed by sony - you have to play on PS. Unfortunately, the good Spiderman games are the ones developed by Sony.

Its not an exclusive right because Spidey is also in MAU3. Its just not a good idea to have two separate Spidey games out at the same time, so for now Insomniac makes SP only standalone games. But nothing's stopping Marvel from licensing him out for different kind of game, like a sidescroller, or a VR game etc. Sony also refused that the game had any hand in negotiations. Sony making great Spidey games is as much in Sony's favor as it is in Marvel's. They can then keep making shitty Tom Holland movies :lol: 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Its not an exclusive right because Spidey is also in MAU3. Its just not a good idea to have two separate Spidey games out at the same time, so for now Insomniac makes SP only standalone games. But nothing's stopping Marvel from licensing him out for different kind of game, like a sidescroller, or a VR game etc. Sony also refused that the game had any hand in negotiations. Sony making great Spidey games is as much in Sony's favor as it is in Marvel's. They can then keep making shitty Tom Holland movies :lol: 

They probably have a deal with Marvel that open world action adventure type games with Spodey can only be made by Sony/Playstation hence forward, like you said he is in fighting games, and could be in sidescrollers ( :rofl: ).

Like for e.g Games Workshop has only licensed RTS based WH40K games to SEGA/Relic only, that is why Dawn of War is the only WH40K RTS game out there, but you have xcom type games, civ type games, FPS, TPS, diablo type games all based on WH40K IP

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I just want them to nail the fairy-tale aesthethic and atmosphere. Heck get in some classic characters too. There are lots of fairy tales in the public domain they can use. 

Seriously man, let's strip off its only defining features & make it another cookie cutter rpg. fable without its fairy tale aesthetic or British humor might as well be another spiders rpg. It's like sony rebooting Jax and daxter and using this artstyle images (57).jpeg

Seriously man, let's strip off its only defining features & make it another cookie cutter rpg. fable without its fairy tale aesthetic or British humor might as well be another spiders rpg. It's like sony rebooting Jax and daxter and using this artstyle 1356604530_images(57).jpeg.7fddb4d30404b6321dfc9247452d196d.jpeg
Seriously. Asking for a Fable reboot and wishing for it to be like Witcher is so laughably stupid

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Seriously. Asking for a Fable reboot and wishing for it to be like Witcher is so laughably stupid

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I think it will have all of that but visually it will not be cartoony. Plus you can have humor in witcher style world as well.

Man if it got sea of thieves style graphics. Oh boy the hate it will get will be insane. Lol

14 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I think it will have all of that but visually it will not be cartoony. Plus you can have humor in witcher style world as well.

Man if it got sea of thieves style graphics. Oh boy the hate it will get will be insane. Lol

Sea of thieves looks really fun though. And the cartoony graphics look perfect for the game's style.