The Xbox Series X|S thread

16 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I dont think digital only ps5 is going to dent physical sales. A large chunk of gamers prefer physical discs to buy sell used games. Digital essentially kills that option.

Also 100 bucks difference is nothing whem talking about used games. Will probably recover that much on 2 games itself.

This so much :lol:

IVG is pretty small sample size but even here people buy 4k disc at launch then put it up on TP within 2 weeks, in places like US, EU, Japan selling completed games is their bread and butter.

Digital is only for those nibbers who just want a console to play the COD and FIFA of the year :lol:

5 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

That can change very quickly if publishers decide to sell cheaper on digital. When publishers wanted to kill PC physical games, they started making digital prices more attractive.

If PS5 games become cheaper on PSN by even Rs 500 , a lot of people will consider it.

They wanted to kill :zodka: i know it didn't work, but still

So for that they started linking disc games to online accounts on DRM platform, like Origin, Steam, Uplay.

Overtime people realized that the data on disc is worthless, because you will be forced to download 10GB patch anyway.

Meanwhile stores like Steam started the trend of giving big discounts for along time, and so it all clicked together.

Digital is very viable for Sony, MS and third party retailers too if they allow retailers to  sell codes to the game on their online storefronts, Sony stopped this recently though.

I think used games could be taking a significant chunk of their revenue, promoting digital can fix this to a degree.

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Don't forget there is sharing digital option too, its not completely a single person pay all. Maybe they will restrict sharing on PS5, can't say as of now

Shhh. They might be listening..

I don't want that to happen :|

Now that I’ve had a moment to think, what is really embarrassing for MS marketing is how they hyped up both their events, self proclaimed titled themselves as the “most powerful next gen console”, took jabs at Sony. All of this made them really fall flat. I remember Aaron Greenberg interjecting himself after the PS event saying “third party games like RE will look better on xsx” and Phil saying “he felt confident after seeing the ps event”. All of this creates hype and when you don’t deliver, you end up looking like an idiot

What PS marketing does right is they constantly end up managing expectations by not proclaiming things like these. They don’t even acknowledge MS’ presence and quietly showcase their stuff. It’s the high road taken and so far, it’s only benefitted PS

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That is just PR speak. What really was embarassing was they were having a daily countdown for halo infinite for the last one week and hyping it like crazy only to show that garbage. 

Also they need to seriously plug the leaks from their studios. For the last 2-3 years every move that microsoft are about to make has been leaked far in advance and it loses the wow factor at announcement. Random twitter folks are leaking everything from unannounced titles to gameplay details to hardware related stuff. 

21 minutes ago, -13- said:

Great video. Shows exactly what went wrong. I have a feeling the devs wanted to do 1440p so they could have ray tracing. But marketing and execs must have forced them to have 4k so they can push it in the advertising and they had to compromise on something.  I really hope PS doesn't go down this route too. People don't realize the insane horsepower needed for 4k60fps. The hardware hasn't scaled up that much. 

10 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Great video. Shows exactly what went wrong. I have a feeling the devs wanted to do 1440p so they could have ray tracing. But marketing and execs must have forced them to have 4k so they can push it in the advertising and they had to compromise on something.  I really hope PS doesn't go down this route too. People don't realize the insane horsepower needed for 4k60fps. The hardware hasn't scaled up that much. 

Pretty much. Not sure how the planned RT patch will work with native 4K. It'll either be limited RT or they'll have to drop the res.

30 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Now that I’ve had a moment to think, what is really embarrassing for MS marketing is how they hyped up both their events, self proclaimed titled themselves as the “most powerful next gen console”, took jabs at Sony. All of this made them really fall flat. I remember Aaron Greenberg interjecting himself after the PS event saying “third party games like RE will look better on xsx” and Phil saying “he felt confident after seeing the ps event”. All of this creates hype and when you don’t deliver, you end up looking like an idiot

What PS marketing does right is they constantly end up managing expectations by not proclaiming things like these. They don’t even acknowledge MS’ presence and quietly showcase their stuff. It’s the high road taken and so far, it’s only benefitted PS

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

That is just PR speak. What really was embarassing was they were having a daily countdown for halo infinite for the last one week and hyping it like crazy only to show that garbage. 

Also they need to seriously plug the leaks from their studios. For the last 2-3 years every move that microsoft are about to make has been leaked far in advance and it loses the wow factor at announcement. Random twitter folks are leaking everything from unannounced titles to gameplay details to hardware related stuff. 

They literally didn't show anything that warrants a purchase. I mean, why even bother with the event if your lead title isn't ready and almost everything else is CGI. It's suicide. They must have a bunch of idiots working in their strategic planning team.

For AAA, people want good varied experiences like tlou2 n tsushima and it will sell no matter what. Whats the point of Native 4K when it brings your game down and shows in a bad light :doh: 

MS is so stupid that they dont understand what consumers want. Tlou2 and tsushima just released and i am sure they would have looked that and said we need to match it atleast if not better. Halo is their premier game and to show it in such a disgusting way is literally an insult to a iconic game. People should have been sharing gifs of omg moment of it but now its a meme and trolled all over :lol: Will Sony show god of war like this? Never ever. 

Baffling such a big company like MS cant put up a good game in 6 years. 

16 minutes ago, -13- said:

They literally didn't show anything that warrants a purchase. I mean, why even bother with the event if your lead title isn't ready and almost everything else is CGI. It's suicide. They must have a bunch of idiots working in their strategic planning team.

I think this was part of their gameplan, do it in July and not closeer to launch, so people kind of remain in hope that something is coming, meanwhile cross-gen games will kick-in, so people kind of forget that it has no 1st party launch titles.  At the same time build hype around Halo, but that part went kaput.

Now, I am totally seeing them getting couple of the medium-to-big third party titles on Gamepass. They already have CrossfireX, they will get two more and that ends 2020 for them.

31 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Someone posted this on GAF way before DF analysis. :https://imgur.com/gallery/rQk7gG5

This guy is a xbox shill. Just listen to his excuses, "lighting was not looking good because they showed incorrect area" lol

Lol yeah this guy was defending it like crazy even in yesterday's video when darkx and ledbutter thought it looked like trash. 

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

Lol yeah this guy was defending it like crazy even in yesterday's video when darkx and ledbutter thought it looked like trash. 

Yes, he spent so much time explaining different lighting systems in that video. Video was like a paid damage control, and to instill a false hope that ray tracing might fix this or lighting alone can fix a sh*t looking game. The game isn't even open world FFS, it should at least look like current Doom Eternal when running on next gen. 343 is totally incompetent. They should give Halo back to Bungie.

39 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They should bring back original team of J Allard, Peter Moore and Bach. These clowns have no idea what they want to do with the Xbox brand.

And don mattrick. Dude got kojima to come on the show for rising and got him to open the developer montage for Xbox one. Got square enix to make a mainline FF title multi-platform, got square to release multiple exclusives for xbox, got almost all big japanese developers making exclusive games for xbox. Even his e3 show at xbox launch had a better lineup than this. They just threw him under the bus for that bad few months of PR. Had he been in Spencer's place, he would've turned around the brand by now.