The Xbox Series X|S thread

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

??

i meant along with launching the cheaper console, they need to make games cheaper too, either by adding more games to the gamepass library or bringing in regional pricing like steam.  

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

i meant along with launching the cheaper console, they need to make games cheaper too, either by adding more games to the gamepass library or bringing in regional pricing like steam.  

Yes, regional pricing is definitely needed! They're increasing the price from $60 to $70 next gen because the price has been stagnant for way too long. But it's never been like that for us. Prices have literally sky-rocketed here (and in other countries) over the generations. 4K is way too much to spend on SP-only games.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

16 minutes ago, -13- said:

Yes, regional pricing is definitely needed! They're increasing the price from $60 to $70 next gen because the price has been stagnant for way too long. But it's never been like that for us. Prices have literally sky-rocketed here (and in other countries) over the generations. 4K is way too much to spend on SP-only games.

On steam regional pricing is for some games only, depends upon publisher mostly, most games though are now on the path of 4K Gaming, same as consoles.

Idk how it works on Xdabba but on PS4 it's very ez to access a different region store, no VPN needed even, in such a state regional pricing would cause issues for the home region PS stores since everyone will make an account and buy for very cheap from the regional pricing ps store.

The only country they have implemented regional locks for is China, Chinese PS4s can only access Chinese PS Store, no other country can.

I think if this trend of 4k and 5k gaming continues people who usually buy consoles will just switch to PC 

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

This is YUGE news just because it confirms Series S.

btw can't believe it's pretty much the same controller, minimal changes for next-gen.

29 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

On steam regional pricing is for some games only, depends upon publisher mostly, most games though are now on the path of 4K Gaming, same as consoles.

It's more like only few publishers don't have regional pricing.

PS4 it's very ez to access a different region store, no VPN needed even, in such a state regional pricing would cause issues for the home region PS stores since everyone will make an account and buy for very cheap from the regional pricing ps store.

You have no idea lmao. :rofl: 

PSN has no regional pricing except for 1-2 countries. You also can't buy from another region without having said region valid CC. 

Xbox is region free and you can switch anytime without messing around with accounts. You can even make $1 GP accounts and play on main profile. 

42 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Idk how it works on Xdabba but on PS4 it's very ez to access a different region store, no VPN needed even, in such a state regional pricing would cause issues for the home region PS stores since everyone will make an account and buy for very cheap from the regional pricing ps store.

The only country they have implemented regional locks for is China, Chinese PS4s can only access Chinese PS Store, no other country can.

I think if this trend of 4k and 5k gaming continues people who usually buy consoles will just switch to PC 

PSN region restrictions are shitty af.

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

It's more like only few publishers don't have regional pricing.

You have no idea lmao. :rofl: 

PSN has no regional pricing except for 1-2 countries. You also can't buy from another region without having said region valid CC. 

Xbox is region free and you can switch anytime without messing around with accounts. You can even make $1 GP accounts and play on main profile. 

I know PSN has no regional pricing, 13 was asking for regional pricing so i was telling him what a mess it woud be,considering how ez it is to switch between different region stores on PS.

Imagine even steam has issues with keeping guys in their own region stores with the whole VPN Argentina Steam thing, PS and Xbox will be:suicide:

Also you can buy from another region, you just need to make the account, then top up wallet using those PS codes/cards you find on Amazon, long ago i have bought R&C, GOW3 remastered and KZSF from US PSN store because 3 years ago the sales on Indian PSN were shitty and few and far in between, meanwhile on US PSN every two weeks they get flash sale where games go for $10-$15 easily :rofl:, No CC is required 

Now it's changed though, Indian PSN gets very good sale prices mostly, better than US.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

This is YUGE news just because it confirms Series S.

btw can't believe it's pretty much the same controller, minimal changes for next-gen.

This is actually good as cost of upgrading to the next gen console goes down with existing controllers.

Unless there is some revolutionary change in the next gen controller as being hyped by Sony. Personally I'm still skeptical of Dualsense.

53 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The bigger question is why is a controller releasing in 2020 still use AA batteries

30 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Xbots love the convinience of using walkman like device in 2020.

So what exactly is your gripe with the batteries?

For me the pros are mainly these...

1. Rechargable batteries last around 35-40 hours.
  2. Keep a spare charged and you never have to play wired.
  3. No need to buy an extra controller as backup (I'm still using my Day 1 (2013) controller)
  4. No need to replace a perfectly good controller due to dead batteries.

I'm genuinely interested to know why people care so much about batteries. A lot of devices and remotes still come with batteries for this exact same reason.

Edited by -13-

Just now, -13- said:

So what exactly is your gripe with the batteries?

For me the pros are mainly these...

1. Rechargable batteries last around 35-40 hours.
  2. Keep a spare charged and you never have to play wired.
  3. No need to buy an extra controller as backup (I'm still using my Day 2 controller)
  4. No need to replace a perfectly good controller due to dead batteries.

I'm genuinely interested to know why people care so much about batteries. A lot of devices and remotes still come with batteries for this exact same reason.

I don't want to remove batteries and charge it separately like a f**king walkman. I want to just insert the damn cable in the controller and charge it and continue playing. I can charge my DS4 on my couch or sitting in front of my monitor. All these so called pros you mentioned require you to buy 3rd party chargers and rechargable batteries, and then swap the batteries to charge them. It takes me back to my college days when I used walkman. I hated it then, and hate it now. I actually use my xbox controller with a power bank when needed now, and wish it had an inbuilt battery. None of my DS3 or DS4 controllers died due to dead battery. You won't get the cons if you have never used a PS3 or PS4. 

11 minutes ago, Right said:

People working in this division need to keep their jobs. :|

Play & Charge kits are good and all but the biggest drawback they have is that you'll be connected via a wire. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of a wired controller? I've personally never played wired in 7 years. I just replace the batteries (as good as switching to a charged controller) and I can resume playing wirelessly.

Just now, -13- said:

Play & Charge kits are good and all but the biggest drawback they have is that you'll be connected via a wire. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of a wired controller? I've personally never played wired in 7 years. I just replace the batteries (as good as switching to a charged controller) and I can resume playing wirelessly.

As I said, you won't get the cons if you have never ever experienced the pros. 

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

I don't want to remove batteries and charge it separately like a f**king walkman. I want to just insert the damn cable in the controller and charge it and continue playing. I can charge my DS4 on my couch or sitting in front of my monitor. All these so called pros you mentioned require you to buy 3rd party chargers and rechargable batteries, and then swap the batteries to charge them. It takes me back to my college days when I used walkman. I hated it then, and hate it now. I actually use my xbox controller with a power bank when needed now, and wish it had an inbuilt battery. None of my DS3 or DS4 controllers died due to dead battery. You won't get the cons if you have never used a PS3 or PS4. 

So what do you do if you play on a TV and sit 10 feet from your console? Get a 10 feet cable? How's that any worse than changing batteries and always staying wireless?

I honestly prefer batteries. They're much more convenient for me.

The eneloop batteries seemed expensive at first. But looking back, I find them to be worth it. Almost four years and countless gaming sessions under their belt and they're still going strong.