The Xbox Series X|S thread

Wow they have f**ked up dpad again? Fighting game fans would be pissed. That looks very similar to 360 controller which was heavily criticized because of how inaccurate it was to hit directional combos. The current dpad was perfect. Why change it :doh:

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wow they have f**ked up dpad again? Fighting game fans would be pissed. That looks very similar to 360 controller which was heavily criticized because of how inaccurate it was to hit directional combos. The current dpad was perfect. Why change it :doh:

Supposedly, it's the best balance between the standard D-pad and the round D-pad that come with the Elite controllers. That's what led them to create this.

Let's see how it actually works. Fighting game fans usually have custom sticks anyways. Also finally a share button. Hopefully the console has HDR video capture too. Xbox one had HDR screenshots capture already.

17 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

There's like 2-3 fighting games on Xbox besides NRS stuff and KI, nobody will care :lol: 

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

There's like 2-3 fighting games on Xbox besides NRS stuff and KI, nobody will care :lol: 

KI though. :wub:

Followed that game for a couple of years. It had a great competitive scene! Don't know why they never released a sequel.

We are in NEXT gen and still f**king use AA batteries to charge controller.. wat in the f**king f**k seriously!! Sony has been doing rechargeable batteries within controller since PS3... and these guys just struck to batteries :ranting:

Edited by Assassins Creed

Can't believe ppl are again fighting over stuff like batteries in controllers.  IVG sometimes feels like the tv series DARK.  Keep discussing the same topics again and again at the beginning of every new console cycle :P

ps: fwiw, i would prefer the inbuilt battery though , since i play only in short bursts and put it back to charge again when its resting.  Annoying to find out that your AA battery is out of juice right in the middle of a quest or something.  With built-in battery, at-least you can continue with the controller connected to the console !

10 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Can't believe ppl are again fighting over stuff like batteries in controllers.  IVG sometimes feels like the tv series DARK.  Keep discussing the same topics again and again at the beginning of every new console cycle :P

ps: fwiw, i would prefer the inbuilt battery though , since i play only in short bursts and put it back to charge again when its resting.  Annoying to find out that your AA battery is out of juice right in the middle of a quest or something.  With built-in battery, at-least you can continue with the controller connected to the console !

It's the same with the Xbox controller as well. You can connect it to the console and it works except it doesn't charge the batteries.

Anyhoo, like you said, it has been discussed to death, by the same people everytime. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

With built-in battery, at-least you can continue with the controller connected to the console !

You can have a spare set of batteries and still continue playing wireless instead of going wired :|

24 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

We are in NEXT gen and still f**king use AA batteries to charge controller.. wat in the f**king f**k seriously!! Sony has been doing rechargeable batteries within controller since PS3... and these guys just struck to batteries :ranting:

Hey c'mon now, we added a new button this gen. 

20200810_215841.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, -13- said:

It's the same with the Xbox controller as well. You can connect it to the console and it works except it doesn't charge the batteries.

Anyhoo, like you said, it has been discussed to death, by the same people everytime. :lol:

hmmm , long time since i booted my x360, don't remember.  Did the wireless controller have a cable to connect controller to console if battery ran out ?

Edited by Ne0

12 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

hmmm , long time since i booted my x360, don't remember.  Did the wireless controller have a cable to connect controller to console if battery ran out ?

I'm talking about the X1 controller. Any standard micro USB to USB cable works. I think the controller still uses the radio instead of the cable connection though. I'm a little fuzzy on the details. Been a while since I read about it.

PS - It could be the same for the 360 controller but I honestly don't remember. It's been like 7+ years since I used that.

Edited by -13-

38 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

You can have a spare set of batteries and still continue playing wireless instead of going wired :|

hehe, i wish it was that simple.  my kb + mouse is wireless and i've 2 extra set of spare AAA / AA batteries, but guess what happens when it runs out of juice, can't find any of them , either they get misplaced or inside some other toy or clock or somewhere, same thing with the tv remote  :-/  It might be a subjective thing, but i prefer the inbuilt chargeable controller owing to my usage pattern.  

7 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

hehe, i wish it was that simple.  my kb + mouse is wireless and i've 2 extra set of spare AAA / AA batteries, but guess what happens when it runs out of juice, can't find any of them , either they get misplaced or inside some other toy or clock or somewhere, same thing with the tv remote  :-/  It might be a subjective thing, but i prefer the inbuilt chargeable controller owing to my usage pattern.  

That makes sense; everyone is different. I keep a AA rechargable station next to my console set up with 2 pairs of batteries ready to go. In fact, all my remotes and KBMs use rechargable AAA batteries.

Personally, I absolutely detest sealed batteries. I prefer the DSLR/Mirrorless setup over everything else. The batteries are rechargable and replaceable in case you run out. It's the best of both worlds. I always carry a power bank and an extra battery when I go out for a photography session.