The Xbox Series X|S thread

Launching games on the PC is probably the worst decision of MS. Just imagine, even a 1060 is capable enough to play Halo Infinite.

Im not fan of MS approach as well. Iam against bringing games to PC but they doing it coz they want to move away from console going forward.

Wait what am I reading things properly? Like for real? People are against a company because they are bringing their games to PC? Like how does the game being available on PC diminish your enjoyment of the game on Xbox in any way? As a consumer its good that I have the option of deciding which platform i want to play the game on. That's a decision that should be praises not complained at. Heck even Sony should be encouraged to bring their games on PC.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, AnK said:

You & all of the other left overs of Xbots yourself are saying that M$ is no longer interested in selling Consoles & Games 

They want to promote Subscription based service as much as possible 

So how is it soon going to change?!?

pehele decide toh karlena bai 

ke chaiye kya zindagi se :roflroll:

Abey akal se paidal aadmi. Corona hogaya tere deemag mein?  Lol

No one said they not interested in selling  or making games. How they will selll subscription without games? Games sell subscription nothing else.

Game pass is the reason they bought 6 studios in one year to continue to release games for it. 

MS will output more exclusives next gen to push Game pass then they ever did in 360 gen. Console not the focus of MS, its just one of the option you have to play their games through game pass along with PC and Xcloud. 

July event will have few games from new first studios. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Wait what am I reading things properly? Like for real? People are against a company because they are bringing their games to PC? Like how does the game being available on PC diminish your enjoyment of the game on Xbox in any way? As a consumer its good that I have the option of deciding which platform i want to play the game on. That's a decision that should be praises not complained at. Heck even Sony should be encouraged to bring their games on PC.

I mean in 360 gen most PC gamers had Xbox 360 to play Halo and Gears but now they just own PC as Halo and Gears on PC now

For example on IVG,  most previous owners of Xbox moved to pc and ps and now even if MS release high quality games they will just play those games on pc through game pass, no need of Xbox. So MS losing on lot of potential Xbox hardware customers. 

That's said MS clearly not concerned about losing potential xbox hardware customers now. So there's no need to have any discussion on this topic. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

21 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

PC Gamers will be happy and but XBOX owners will not be because the value of their console has been diminished. 

PC Gamers will be happy and but XBOX owners will not be because the value of their console has been diminished. 

So lets talk logically keeping fanboyism aside for a second. Lets assume the next Gears Of War comes out in 2021, it's the best game ever since sliced bread. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. You are enjoying playing the game a lot on your Xbox like you rightly should. Now if XYZ another guy who does not own an Xbox plays the game on his PC and agrees that the game is awesome, you as the owner of the Xbox while enjoying your game will feel the value of your console diminished because another person who has absolutely no connection to you is enjoying the game that he paid for on a platform that he bought with his own money??

Do you understand how absurd is that. This is fanboyism and gatekeeping at another level. You honestly loose nothing as a customer if someone else also plays the game on another platform.

I mean in 360 gen most PC gamers had Xbox 360 to play Halo and Gears but now they just own PC as Halo and Gears on PC now

For example on IVG,  most previous owners of Xbox moved to pc and ps and now even if MS release high quality games they will just play those games on pc through game pass, no need of Xbox. So MS losing on lot of potential Xbox hardware customers. 

That's said MS clearly not concerned about losing potential xbox hardware customers now. So there's no need to have any discussion on this topic. 

Well that's a decision they made that they want to use PC as their preferred platform. If they get to play Gears & Halo on their PC how does it affect you as an Xbox gamer. Like MS should be the one worried about potential loss of hardware sales, why do you as a customer care at all? Infact at this time MS is fine with it and you as a consumer should have no effect.

So lets talk logically keeping fanboyism aside for a second. Lets assume the next Gears Of War comes out in 2021, it's the best game ever since sliced bread. The story, gameplay everything is perfect. You are enjoying playing the game a lot on your Xbox like you rightly should. Now if XYZ another guy who does not own an Xbox plays the game on his PC and agrees that the game is awesome, you as the owner of the Xbox while enjoying your game will feel the value of your console diminished because another person who has absolutely no connection to you is enjoying the game that he paid for on a platform that he bought with his own money??

Do you understand how absurd is that. This is fanboyism and gatekeeping at another level. You honestly loose nothing as a customer if someone else also plays the game on another platform.

Well that's a decision they made that they want to use PC as their preferred platform. If they get to play Gears & Halo on their PC how does it affect you as an Xbox gamer. Like MS should be the one worried about potential loss of hardware sales, why do you as a customer care at all? Infact at this time MS is fine with it and you as a consumer should have no effect.

6 hours ago, AnK said:

You & all of the other left overs of Xbots yourself are saying that M$ is no longer interested in selling Consoles & Games 

Console sales Don't matter as much 

But games obviously matter Lol , that's what makes up the services afterall. That's the reason for all the studio aquisition to pump out more games each year.

I think ms will more than happily trade their 50 million Xbox sales with gamepass subscribers playing on pc and on mobile's through xcloud. They know streaming needs time to mature (latency,graphics consistency etc) , another 5-6 years should be good. I don't see another console generation after this . Maybe a streaming app on your tv and just a controller for next generation. Native experience can be enjoyed on the PC's.

6 hours ago, AnK said:

But games obviously matter Lol , that's what makes up the services afterall. That's the reason for all the studio aquisition to pump out more games each year.

I think ms will more than happily trade their 50 million Xbox sales with gamepass subscribers playing on pc and on mobile's through xcloud. They know streaming needs time to mature (latency,graphics consistency etc) , another 5-6 years should be good. I don't see another console generation after this . Maybe a streaming app on your tv and just a controller for next generation. Native experience can be enjoyed on the PC's.

How is the value of a console diminishing if the games are releasing on PC too? If I want to game on a console, I'll game on a console irrespective of how lucrative Pc visuals may be.

Its a different case if the same games are releasing on ps5 as well, that would surely affect the value. 

Edited by playstationdude

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

How is the value of a console diminishing if the games are releasing on PC too? If I want to game on a console, I'll game on a console irrespective of how lucrative Pc visuals may be.

Its a different case if the same games are releasing on ps5 as well, that would surely affect the value. 

Why is it different if it would be releasing on ps5 as well?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Not happening in a foreseeable future. THe sudden spike post lockdown brought youtube server(s) to its knees. During the initial phase they were limiting bandwidth. Also, the stadia bombed for this exact reason. Streaming services would not work for serious and passionate gamers who want to actually own games, with hardware they run on.

though pure streaming might work on handheld systems, but people would prefer physical tangible stuff over subscription services IMO. Plus we need mature broadband infrastructure to bring such a service to the masses.

15 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Ultimately its a business decision. MS is also releasing their games exclusively to their ecosystem, they're not putting Halo and Forza on PS4. Every platform owner has exclusives because they add value to their platform. Holding content hostage to your store/platform has been a tried and tested strategy for as long as trade business has existed.

25 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Isn't that the whole point of having exclusives? So that the console has greater percieved value? Why is it so confusing :ko:

5 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Launching games on the PC is probably the worst decision of MS. Just imagine, even a 1060 is capable enough to play Halo Infinite.

Some people dont really care about bells and whistles. They just care about the game and playing it somehow. Even a 50-60K PC is decent enough to play xsx games on medium settings, so why should anyone care about xsx?

PS:- How many people do you know own 8k TVs?

How does it matter to you if people buy Xbox consoles or not ? As a gamer shouldnt you be happy that you have the options as to where they want to play the game?  Personally I would love to have Xbox,Sony and Nintendo joining hand and the need to buy just one hardware. To bad that's never gonna happen for console gamers atleast. I think pc gamers will have the best time this generation once Sony starts to release all their games on pc.

• Like 2

My point is simple. I am actually happy that they are launching games on the PC as well. It would save me from buying a new system. All I am saying is that MS has lost the console wars already (atleast in the sale of hardware part)

Investing in a PC is much more productive and prudent IMO than investing in a console that has 0 exclusives. Just look into the number of exclusives on the original xbox and x360 that have not been ported to other systems till this date. Even Ninja Blade a title from From Software was an x360 exclusive.

3 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

How does it matter to you if people buy Xbox consoles or not ? As a gamer shouldnt you be happy that you have the options as to where they want to play the game?  Personally I would love to have Xbox,Sony and Nintendo joining hand and the need to buy just one hardware. To bad that's never gonna happen for console gamers atleast. I think pc gamers will have the best time this generation once Sony starts to release all their games on pc.

It doesnt to me I am actually happy. Check my original post. I have clearly mentioned that PC is the biggest winner of this generation. Glory days of pc gaming are back!!

Edited by radicaldude

27 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Isn't that the whole point of exclusives? So that the percieved value of a console is more? Would people look at the PS4 the same way if it wasn't for Spidey, Naughty Dog games , God Of War etc etc? Thats what makes people buy the consoles. Why am I explaining this I thought its obvious :ko:

• Like 1