The Xbox Series X|S thread

dacb65fb-af62-4e53-91b7-da5a633250a9.jpg

Introducing the new Xbox Series X. 

What you can expect from the next generation of gaming

• The future of gaming has never been more inspiring. Creativity in games is flourishing. New services empower you to discover more games—and bring you closer to the games and creators and streamers you love. The cloud creates a massive opportunity to stream console-quality games and play with the people you want, wherever you want. And for many of us, nothing is more inspiring than the dawn of a new console generation.

Re-engineered inside out

• As we enter a new generation of console gaming with the Xbox Series X, hardware and software innovations enable the amazing possibilities for the future of games.

Designed for speed and performance

• The Xbox Velocity Architecture unlocks new speed & performance capabilities through the groundbreaking combination of hardware, a custom 1TB SSD & CPU and deep software integration, to make for richer and more dynamic living worlds unlike anything ever seen before.

Play more, wait less

• Gamers will experience more time playing and less time waiting as loading times will be greatly decreased thanks to the processing power of Xbox Series X.
  • A new feature powered by the technical capabilities and the innovative Xbox Velocity Architecture in Xbox Series X, Quick Resume enables players to seamlessly switch between multiple titles and resumes instantly from where you last left off.

The most powerful console ever

unknown.png

• Xbox Series X is our most powerful console ever, powered by our custom designed processor leveraging AMD's latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures.
  • The new system on a chip (SOC) has been built from the ground up for speed and performance, with 12 teraflops of processing power and with compatibility in mind for four generations of games.

Delivering unparalleled graphical fidelity

• The three air-flow channels evenly distribute the temperatures generated by the advanced internal components, keeping the console cool and quiet.
  • The innovative parallel cooling architecture allows for stunning game experiences with incredible graphical fidelity and performance.

Split motherboard

• For the first time ever on console, an innovative split motherboard keeps the Xbox Series X internals evenly temperature controlled, allowing for the console to output more power.

Heat-sink chassis

• A heat sink is a non-electronic, passive mechanical component that has a vital role in the reliability and performance of the Xbox Series X and is integrated directly into the chassis of the console. This unique component of the parallel cooling architecture helps lend to the distinctive design of the console.

More storage without compromise

• The Xbox Series X Storage Expansion Card provides additional game storage at peak speed and performance by replicating the console's internal custom SSD experience. The 1TB card is inserted directly into the back of the console via the dedicated storage expansion port.

e74b1937-7937-4a7b-ac4a-5a2ed6f382ed.jpg

Games play even better

• Through the revolutionary new Xbox Velocity Architecture, thousands of games on Xbox One, including Xbox 360 and original Xbox Games, will experience improvements in performance, including improved boot and load times, more stable frame rates, higher resolutions and improved quality on Xbox Series X.

Optimised for Xbox Series X

• Games built using the Xbox Series X development kit are designed to take advantage of the unique capabilities of Xbox Series X. They will showcase unparalleled load-times, visuals, responsiveness and framerates up to 120FPS.

Meet the new Xbox Wireless Controller

• Experience the modernised design of the Xbox Wireless Controller, featuring sculpted surfaces and refined geometry for enhanced comfort during gameplay. Stay on target with textured grip and a hybrid D-pad; capture and share content seamlessly while you play; and quickly pair with, play on, and switch between supported consoles, PCs and mobile devices.

4644cb86-9398-4a0a-bafe-fa5c8aa9a81f.jpg

POWER YOUR DREAMS FOR $499 this November 10.

• Like 9

Xbox Series S 

Next-gen performance in the Smallest Xbox ever

Price: $299

Release date: November 10

unknown.png

• All-digital next-gen console 
  • Faster load times
  • Higher frame rates
  • Richer, more dynamic worlds
  • Next generation gaming performance 
  • In our smallest Xbox ever

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 1

Other known confirmed NextGen tiltes

Halo infinite by 343 industries
Everwild by Rare
Hell blade 2 by Ninja Theory
Project mara By Ninja Theory
Grounded by Obsidian as well right? As much as i hate survival games i absolutely love obsidian. I wished they were working on a single player game instead of this co op stuff.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Grounded by Obsidian as well right? As much as i hate survival games i absolutely love obsidian. I wished they were working on a single player game instead of this co op stuff.

Grounded is a side project. 

Main team working on a AAA UE5 RPG. 

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Other known confirmed NextGen tiltes

Halo infinite by 343 industries

Everwild by Rare

Hell blade 2 by Ninja Theory

Project mara By Ninja Theory

Inexile also working on AAA UE 5 RPG.

Initiative rumoured to be working on next Perfect Dark game 

Play ground studios 2nd studio RPG studio working on next Fable reboot. 

And then you have Halo Infinite 

Forza 8

Hellblade 2

And few 2nd party console exclusives

Personally I see no reason to buy but if they add ultrawide  + FULL KBM support, I'll buy it. 

Both consoles will be powerful but can't bother with gamepad aiming. Maybe PS5 for exclusives after 2 years when they release PRO version. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Great thread. I mean the op. Very well detailed compared to that other console thread op lol. That one is all rushed with no details. But fits well as its for a inferior system :P

Yoohoo, hostilities initiated.

Grounded is a side project. 

Main team working on a AAA UE5 RPG. 
Good to hear that, they are far too talented to solely work on Grounded

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

PS5 for exclusives after 2 years when they release PRO version. 

I will be buying both since I play only on consoles . Will buy ps5 down the line when the games get cheaper and the catalog is big enough. The best thing about Sony exclusives is that all are sp games so can enjoy them anytime.

Also with all the high clocks I am doubtful about the cooling and noise of the console( how noisy the pro is :giggle: ). I have my doubts about the hardware hopefully Sony can put them to rest next week otherwise it's just gonna get worse. 

21 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Good to hear that, they are far too talented to solely work on Grounded

Grounded is a 10 -15 man team ,project started  before ms acquiring them .

The main team is working on a Skyrim type rpg like zodak pointed out.