The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Series S and PS5 great combo for console only gamers for next gen imo. I think I will go S and PS5 route.

Dude do yourself a favour and rather poney up 200 extra for series X. Complete future proofing for 4-5 years.

Series S is good only for casual/entry level gamers.

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I don't know why its funny but ok.

VRS is PC feature used in AMD cards n all afaik 

I am OK with all features listed there except 4K streaming media, that’s a basic feature your 4K smart tv will have or a Fire-stick FFS 

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Dude do yourself a favour and rather poney up 200 extra for series X. Complete future proofing for 4-5 years.

Series S is good only for casual/entry level gamers.

Guess you right

Series X price confirmed by Windows central 

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

System with Series X specs for 499 :panic:

I can buy a 40K phone that'll cost me maybe 5k extra in apps in next 2-3 years. If I buy a dedicated gaming console at 40k, which itself is a ridiculous price for something that does only one thing, I'm looking at another 20k-30k minimum in games. I will never understand these ridiculous phone comparisons.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yes but if you are spending $1000 every year or two, then don't complain about $300-500 console once every 5 to 7 years... 

Come on man, you can't really compare the two.  Mobile is a necessity and consoles in a luxury/good to have. Also, mostly upper middle class ppl get phones over $1000 every two years, and they buy it since it's with them most of the time, and use it for everything from music/movies to emails/WhatsApp/calls/calendar etc.   It's also more or less like a status symbol when they go to parties and flaunt it.  Most other guys just buy sub-20k mobiles and change it perhaps once in 3-4 years.  

Consoles are still mostly a luxury and used only by a fraction of the population who use mobiles.  Add to it the cost of individual games (each costing above $60), and the fact that you use it perhaps an hour per day on an average only for gaming, doesn't make sense to pay very high amount.

Even though Series X and S pricing is great but still i think PS5 will easily outsell both combined by huge margin even if its more expensive or same price as Sony going into next generation with great momentum and mind share thanks to their 1st party studios stellar performance. MS still playing catchup, they have still massive uphill battle as far as 1st party stuff in concerned. Sensible pricing on consoles is step in right direction.

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Come on man, you can't really compare the two.  Mobile is a necessity and consoles in a luxury/good to have. Also, mostly upper middle class ppl get phones over $1000 every two years, and they buy it since it's with them most of the time, and use it for everything from music/movies to emails/WhatsApp/calls/calendar etc.   It's also more or less like a status symbol when they go to parties and flaunt it.  Most other guys just buy sub-20k mobiles and change it perhaps once in 3-4 years.  

Consoles are still mostly a luxury and used only by a fraction of the population who use mobiles.  Add to it the cost of individual games (each costing above $60), and the fact that you use it perhaps an hour per day on an average only for gaming, doesn't make sense to pay very high amount.

1000 $  phone a necessity?  Ok Mr Billionaire businessman lol

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

1000 $  phone a necessity?  Ok Mr Billionaire businessman lol

I said mobile was a necessity, also said that $1000 phones are mostly bought by upper middle class since they use it heavily, read the response completely atleast ?

Edited by Ne0

Series S feels kinda like what the GTX 1060 was - good card for 1080p60 priced cheap, and acc to steam charts its the highest used card right now.

My point is that the low-cost gaming hardware market is pretty huge and has been something only Nintendo were taking advantage of. Very curious to see how all this turns out.