The Xbox Series X|S thread

20 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

What tf does this guy smoke? The new consoles are not even out yet and he is taking about more consoles. Is he literally telling people not to buy 1 at launch?

Nope, he is just saying Xbox will always make consoles till Sony does i guess...

Edited by speeddemon

In general he said there will be more Xbox in future. Small bump / next-next gen Xbox etc,. SONY will also make PS5 Pro / 6 / 7 etc,.

Just like in video, just like in music it’s not that streaming has cut off device innovation. I think we’ll continue to see that and that’s absolutely what we’re planning for.

We’re about putting the player at the center. It’s not about the device in the middle anymore

You see that in every other form of media: my TV is with me wherever I go, my music is with me wherever I go

I’m in control of the experience and I think gaming is going through that same transformation, which is why as you say, if you’re a Game Pass subscriber you can now play your great games on our Xbox console, on your PC or now on your Android phone via streaming

They really want to push Streaming/cloud stuff.  

Don't think we're getting Pro versions this time around. The revisions will be solely aimed at reducing the size and power.
They better not.. Neither the pro nor x did anything extra ordinary or game changing..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Geoff Keighley

• Quick Resume is a game changer! Love being able to instantly jump in exactly where I left off.
  • Load times VASTLY improved across the board. I tested Fortnite, Warzone, Ori, Batman: Arkham Knight, even older titles like Modern Warfare 2 and Gears of War (the original 360 disc versions!)
  • Load Times + Quick Resume makes moving between games almost like Alt-TABing.
  • It's nice a new system works with previous gen content so seamlessly. (None of the games I played are specifically optimized for series X yet, I was playing/downloading the One X versions.)
  • Overall: Massive “quality of life” improvements to Xbox experience, everything (including UI) is super quick and responsive. System is quiet, super easy to setup.
  • One note: Quick Resume remembers your place in every game, so you can jump between games now.

____

Moving Assassin's Creed: Origins between different drives on Xbox Series X via Grubby

EjAbOU9WkAE69qh?format=jpg&name=large

• Grand Theft Auto IV runs at a nearly locked 60 frames per second on the Xbox Series X, and you get the feeling it could likely go even faster if it weren’t for the hard cap.
  • No Man’s Sky is a good example of where the software is nullifying the hardware. The game is locked to 30 frames per second on Xbox, so even with the extra horsepower, you get a locked 30 frames per second on Series X and One X.
  • Final Fantasy XV - On Xbox One X, the framerate hovers around 42, and it’s actually kind of miserable. If you are playing this game on Xbox One X, just stick with the High mode.
  • Sekiro - From Software’s Sekiro feels like a revelation on Xbox Series X. This is another game that runs nearly locked at 60 frames per second on Xbox Series X but never really got close to that on Xbox One X. It is such a better experience on the Xbox Series X that I’m trying not to play it all over again.

___

unknown.png

Destiny 2 comparison

destiny2menu.gif

Edited by Joe Cool
  • Like 2

____

unknown.png

According to IGN, 200 GB of the 1 TB SSD is reserved for the OS. 

When you plug in the very pricey Seagate 1 terabyte storage expansion slot that gives you all of the benefits of the internal drive, it adds 920 gigabytes of usable capacity.