The Xbox Series X|S thread

49 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

Roomheater with a Fridge design. 

Design team must have been like isko fridge jaisa banate hain toh kam garam hoga. 

Winter is coming. Nothing wrong if console keeping room warm while you playing games :P

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

It's more like they saw that Apple Mac Pro Thrashcan design, and decided to make it cuboidal and add a disc drive instead :rofl:

Yes thats correct, i have the Mac Pro 2013 & still love the cyclinder design, could be why i am falling for the XSX look too hmmm.

The only thing i don't like about the 2013 Mac Pro is you can only upgrade the HDD & Ram unless you want to go hardcore & swap the CPU which is not user friendly, anyways back to the topic yes,

Xbox team copied the Mac Pro 2013 concept for sure :rolleyes: 

Edited by speeddemon

6 minutes ago, adity said:

For that you need to have vision of what the final product will look like. Vertical slice ultimately has to represent the final game. Not every game can be brought to a shape where they can be shown so early. 

Not really defending MS here, but it'll take some time to get things up to speed. I really doubt any of those big RPGs are coming even in 2022. 

Also, I'm not completely sure but I think we only saw proper gameplay of GoW few months before release. 

The very first GoW reveal(E3 2016) had gameplay, and that was almost 2 years before game release(2018 April).

57 minutes ago, adity said:

For that you need to have vision of what the final product will look like. Vertical slice ultimately has to represent the final game. Not every game can be brought to a shape where they can be shown so early. 

Not really defending MS here, but it'll take some time to get things up to speed. I really doubt any of those big RPGs are coming even in 2022. 

Also, I'm not completely sure but I think we only saw proper gameplay of GoW few months before release. 

who cares xbox is giving you a vertical slice but that of the cosole how you can place it vertically lmao

1 hour ago, AnK said:

It’s not a joke to launch a new console in the market 

it takes years of planning,R&D & market survey 

forget all that,I’m not ready to believe PHill couldn’t even put together a f**king game prototype (maybe even distant launch) to showcase f**king something!!! on that new console 

even if a game is scheduled for 2022 launch it must!! have some up & running form by the end of 2020 

or are you telling me there is nothing ready till 2023

then why release the console!!!

I also suspect that they were running at least a year behind Sony in console development and when caught wind of PS5 progress, fast tracked the hardware release.  

1 minute ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I also suspect that they were running at least a year behind Sony in console development and when caught wind of PS5 progress, fast tracked the hardware release.  

Hence assembled a microatx PC and launched it as console :rofl:

23 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Lolz..where did you come up with this stuff?

Or... they might just show a way to upgrade the drive directly, which will involve some sort of maneuvering around the hardware like the PS5 (I'm guessing a few screws at the most), whereas this 'slot at the back' is what they wanted to be available for ease of access (hassle-free).

So, more expensive for the easy-to-use slot.

OR

Cheaper drives in the future, but a few more steps involved to get it in the console.

Again, this is just my interpretation of what he said.