The Xbox Series X|S thread

15 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

One of the weirdest DF comparisons so far I think

But the game is an absolute blast (even if performance is a mess on PS4 Pro). Gives me those Motorstorm feels. Can’t wait to try this on PS5 or XSX.

Is this game Dirt 2 Level good?

19 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

But the game is an absolute blast (even if performance is a mess on PS4 Pro). Gives me those Motorstorm feels. Can’t wait to try this on PS5 or XSX.

a) Which Motorstorm?

b) Love me some arcade Dirt. Just one Q about Dirt 5: has the handling changed? 

20 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

The preference for PlayStation here over Xbox is just a general reflection of the way Indian consumers generally perceive and prefer game consoles. To this day, people in India who don’t know gaming refer to a console as a playstation.

Okay. The reason for that is games. Sony has delivered a steady stream of epic gaming experiences right from their first console. Those who grew up on Gran Turismo, SOTC, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, and so many more still get to play modern versions of those games. Xbox 360 caught on well because they had a few great games but MS have shown consistent incompetence and their starts have led them nowhere. The 360 also introduced cool new things: achievements, all the online stuff with gold etc. which made the gaming experience better and took the industry forward. They haven't really done anything like that with the One, and now with the X. It's just a more powerful yet similar console. So now they're incompetent, and out of any meaningful ideas.

you can bet that in the long term, Sony will support PS5 in India way better and way more comprehensively than Microsoft will the XSX|S

How has Sony ever supported Playstation better in India? Their repair/replacement policies are non-existent. The turn-around time is atrocious. Accessories don't make it here. No limited editions. No real promotional events or game experience events since the PS3 gen. Even regional pricing's gone. Heck, does Playstation India even exist anymore? 

MS to its credit did offer better hardware support. Not sure if they still do. And they made the effort to launch the Series X on time. 

But even if you look at the numbers, PlayStation does sell a LOT more than Xbox in India, and the software numbers are even more skewed than the hardware numbers.

This is despite the utter neglect and lack of effort from Sony in India lately. They used to make a effort earlier: to grow the market, to improve experiences, to build a product. Now it's like they don't give a sh*t. 

On 11/21/2020 at 11:07 PM, roun90 said:

I would say a great deal of this has to do with the legacy of the PS2. I don't think the Original Xbox was ever here at all. Meanwhile after the clone NES/SNES times, the only console I've ever seen in the country is the PS2. People who came from abroad brought PS2, which was a huge attraction. All console cybercafes, even in interior places and villages had PS2. PS2 was modded pretty fast, so tons of people just got it and brought pirated games at 50 Rs/100 Rs from railway station areas. First Mover Advantage + Widespread availability + Ability to play stuff at cheap cost (literally free or very less due to piracy = consoles meaning Playstation here)

Over time, the meaning of console here changed to simply Console = Playstation. Just like Mineral Water = Bisleri. The fact that the PSP continued this trend helped a lot as well. AFAIK people started hearing about Xboxes here only during the time of 360, but by then the glamor of PS had already long set in.

It's changed now though. Now, people know about both Playstation and Xbox, and that means MS is doing it's job here.

Late 80s and Early 90s born can relate to this easily. I started console Gaming from God Of War (PS2) very late to the party but I didn't miss any of Playstation and Playstation 2 classic games and exclusives. I am sure many of you fall into this category though PCs are common those days as well as now. Xbox came into picture during Halo/Halo2 and Ninja Gaiden days but really picked up with X360(Gears of War, Cod 4, Halo 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising, The Orange Box) and was equally as good as a brand like Playstation if not for that infamous RROD. 

Only place where M$ lost the plot was during the release of Xbox One. (So Many blunders like Heavy Console, Brick Adaptor, Online Only, Useless Kinect, No Exclusives...) Since then the downfall started.  I hope they have learned their lessons generally not just in India and come up with great plan for this Gen.

However, This Gen is still not impressive after DF's Dirt 5 and AC:Valhalla reviews.

Who are these so called techie people of indian gaming what a pathetic bare bones article. It's like they want to downplay the VFM of the service by bringing it down to the poor level of PS now.

What is Xbox Game Pass and how much does it cost in India?

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gaming/what-is-xbox-game-pass-and-how-much-does-it-cost-in-india-7060873/

No mention of getting a yearly sub or converting XBL gold to GPU months.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Who are these so called techie people of indian gaming what a pathetic bare bones article. It's like they want to downplay the VFM of the service by bringing it down to the poor level of PS now.

What is Xbox Game Pass and how much does it cost in India?

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gaming/what-is-xbox-game-pass-and-how-much-does-it-cost-in-india-7060873/

No mention of getting a yearly sub or converting XBL gold to GPU months.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

PS Now is a great value for what it has. It isnt poor by any standard. But yes, currently Gamepass has excellent VFM no question about that.

Dont think anyone in the right mind would buy XSX before 2022

If there was no Xbox, Sony would sort of have a monopoly. They could charge even 7000 for games and possibly more. What’s to stop them?

Nobody in their right minds would pay that kind of money for games.

Xbox brought Gamepass and forced Sony to at least think about it, we may get something in the future.

Competition is a must for end customers to get better games and better value for their money
  • Like 3

Just now, 0verlord said:

If there was no Xbox, Sony would sort of have a monopoly. They could charge even 7000 for games and possibly more. What’s to stop them?

Nobody in their right minds would pay that kind of money for games.

Xbox brought Gamepass and forced Sony to at least think about it, we may get something in the future.

Competition is a must for end customers to get better games and better value for their money

Agreed. I am not against Xbox, competition is always good for consumers.

I am talking about the console`s  worth? Its a pathetic launch from MS and a next gen console has nothing next gen on it so its stupid to buy it now.

Agreed. I am not against Xbox, competition is always good for consumers.

I am talking about the console`s  worth? Its a pathetic launch from MS and a next gen console has nothing next gen on it so its stupid to buy it now.

All PS5 games can be played on older PS consoles and PC. No need to buy PS5 also. Why buy now?
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

All PS5 games can be played on older PS consoles and PC. No need to buy PS5 also. Why buy now?

Are Bantu  :rofl:

Demon Souls,God fall, Astro Bot and Dual Sense, etc experiences cant be had on PS4. At least there is something next gen about PS5. What next gen thing does Xbox have? Absolute waste of money to buy XSX now. 

Are Bantu  :rofl:

Demon Souls,God fall, Astro Bot and Dual Sense, etc experiences cant be had on PS4. At least there is something next gen about PS5. What next gen thing does Xbox have? Absolute waste of money to buy XSX now. 

Demon’s Souls is available on PS3 which I’ve already played years ago. Who wants to pay 5000 for that - only someone dumb

Astrobot - is that even a game? Only babies could play it

Godfall - trash game just see reviews - another pathetic waste of 5000

You are living in fool’s paradise if you think PS5 has worthwhile games at launch

Demon’s Souls is available on PS3 which I’ve already played years ago. Who wants to pay 5000 for that - only someone dumb

Astrobot - is that even a game? Only babies could play it

Godfall - trash game just see reviews - another pathetic waste of 5000

You are living in fool’s paradise if you think PS5 has worthwhile games at launch

Lmao people are paying 50k for back compat games available on older xboxes by that logic..

Who's dumb now [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk