The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever! 20201121_122906.jpg

Game development and performance bugs can be patched but less power can't be improved. But I don't know for sure if PS5 overall system architecture choices and 10TFs would be more than sufficient for the most demanding of games that are going to be developed over the next 5-7 years. At least XSX has extra headroom of 2TFs and scope for improvement. Even with bad Tools and inefficient buggy game code by devs, XSX is doing fine with most games. It will most certainly match or exceed PS5 when next gen games are in full flow.

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Game development and performance bugs can be patched but less power can't be improved. But I don't know for sure if PS5 overall system architecture choices and 10TFs would be more than sufficient for the most demanding of games that are going to be developed over the next 5-7 years. At least XSX has extra headroom of 2TFs and scope for improvement. Even with bad Tools and inefficient buggy game code by devs, XSX is doing fine with most games. It will most certainly match or exceed PS5 when next gen games are in full flow.

Though it is capable enough to handle upto 8k 60 atleast, a ps5 pro somewhere around 2023-2024 is not too far fetched an idea. 

But I'm sure all games would be fully optimised(patchless, fully optimised at launch) on the ps5. Atleast the exclusives. 

What is the status of Reliance Digital orders? Is the series X's being delivered for those who ordered from there?

I might grab a Reliance Digital coupon from work and spend on the next gen consoles provided they are available.  I doubt PS5 being available in retail stores is atleast 6-8 months away, so might as well grab Series X sometime in Jan.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Just like what we have seen in PS4 Pro and Xbox One X Era except the quality exclusives that Playstation produced all multiplat games looked better to me on my One X IMHO.

1 hour ago, R a g h u said:

Placed an order for the Series X finally (Flipkart). Thanks to @WhatsInTheName

Now the wait starts.

So it was u Raghu!  I missed this chance by not going through the forum regularly. Anyway, Goodluck.

My hunt is still on....

12 hours ago, HarishProGamer said:

Dear Fellow IVGians,  Please listen to me.

This is to every folks from Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbi, Pune anyone from here, Kindly if you hear any xbox Series X available, (Not the Grey Market ones) Please buy that immediately. Just call or msg me before buying I will pay you instantly or drop a message here in IVG. I am posting my mobile number here in open public

Reveal hidden contents

~removed phone number for your own good - Joe

(If this is allowed).  We will deal with a healthy debate of Series X and PS5 later sometime but right now plz focus on getting me this Series X.

I am tired of following up in FK/AZ and moreover very depressed bcoz the time I leave this forum and give it a break and then when i come back, i see many posts of opportunities where ppl are informing about availability of the console in their respective cities and locations. Specially the Chennai Gameshoppe, Sony Mony in Mumbai....

I need a copy of Xbox Series X before 2021. I will Bless you all who will help me in getting this. I am a good person. :):hug::helpsmilie:

Look what have i become. :rofl::doh:

I got my lesson learned (Not taking Pre-Order seriously in Sept), Probably got too confident because I got almost all consoles from M$ and Sony on launch days.  And now I will rectify this during PS5 pre-Order.... Maa kasam pura fauj khada karunga pre-order ke liye. :P

OT:-  Now since we have seen DF videos on DMC/DIRT/AC:V /COD its clear that this has something to do with M$ sharing the dev kit for xbox little late to the devs compared to Playstation and they couldn't extract it properly. Hence let us wait for some time probably few months to see the actual difference between the two on multiplat games. They acknowledged that it has more to do with Games rather than hardware and patches on Xbox will help it.   They also acknowledge Xbox SEX is powerful on paper but gotta give credit to PS5 where the due is... Amazing work on a bit inferior hardware. Proud of them!   Overall I am happy with both the consoles and their promise on Next Gen delivery... Putting almost 1000s of $ of worth on a $499 hardware.

And the one that disappointed me most is the Xbox Series S, I mean they should have gone the Playstation way of digital and not to make inferior hardware just because you want to beat the competition.  My opinion is also same as DF videos, Series S disappoints with lack of 60 fps support for Valhalla and most Games not even running at 1440p and also the lack of textures, RT, Shadows etc. In fact Xbox One X is much better value than this.

I am showing this to my wife. She thinks I, who plays max 8-10 games a year is obsessed with gaming :lol:

7 minutes ago, b!T said:

I am showing this to my wife. She thinks I, who plays max 8-10 games a year is obsessed with gaming :lol:

Pakka show it to her. Im atleast bit lucky as she doesn't bother with all my stuffs as far as she gets her own. :)

Above rant was pretty hilarious though... I had to take that rant somewhere and luckily IVG forum was opened in my laptop yesterday. :D

Just now, HarishProGamer said:

Above rant was pretty hilarious though... I had to take that rant somewhere and luckily IVG forum was opened in my laptop yesterday. :D

It's all good, mate. Hope you get one soon.

4 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

CONTENT

Graphics/Performance Mode Introduction

Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.

Feature breakdown:

This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation5.

Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.

Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.

Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:

Xbox Series X / PlayStation5: Performance

Xbox Series S: Quality

Performance and Stability

Improved stability and performance.

(Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing

(PC) Addressed a VRAM/RAM leakage issue when alt tabbing to desktop.

60 FPS ON SERIES S Comedy Central No GIF by Alternatino with Arturo Castro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1