The Xbox Series X|S thread

Just now, radicaldude said:

What explains the lack of platform exclusives then? Why a new hardware to play older titles? 

I have one more query. Cross gen gaming is understandable, but cross gen controller is something I'm not able to wrap my head around. The controller is the same. 

I agree that dualsense is the only nextgen cotroller.

I think MS has not focused on exclusives and have bundled xbox with pc as a strategy - only thoughts, I don't have actual knowledge

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What explains the lack of platform exclusives then? Why a new hardware to play older titles? 

I have one more query. Cross gen gaming is understandable, but cross gen controller is something I'm not able to wrap my head around. The controller is the same. 

Coz controller still solid with some minor changes and they did it to keep cost down. I totally expect Elite 3 will have Dual sense features for 150$ lol. 

Lack of exclusives for now. They acquired 24 studios in 2 years and games take time to develop. So next year you will start seeing stuff from new studios. 

Right now PS5 better machine to buy and SX in future but as we can't buy PS5 atm, so SX your only option :P

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Agreed. They are trying to compete with the PC. However, they'll have to get through this guy in order to win the war. images (90).jpg

PCs can't compete with XSX on cost. You have to spend 1lakh+ to get your hands on a decent PC. XSX - only 50K - plug and play nature, has only 2 cords hdmi and power, no cumbersome assembly process, gives amazing performance per ₹ and Gamepass to give you a gigantic library to start off with at minimal pricing with an arguably awesome controller - only dualsense may be better

Edited by 0verlord

10 minutes ago, adity said:

MS doesn't have an actual strategy. They're only firefighting the f**k ups of Don Mattrick ever since Spencer came in. The started the last gen with an underpowered console and no worthwhile exclusive lineup because they never built the studios. 

At least from what I understand, MS might not have been ready to throw more money to get xbox back on his feet which is when the Game Pass dream was built to make xbox viable again and which is why we are seeing major funding given to gaming by MS. 

Backwards compatibility is good to have but few people will use it extensively. Like I'm sure I'll replay RDR in glorious 4k 60 and fight night champion but beyond that next gen games will keep me busy. 

MS has a strategy all right. The current MS does not actually care about "Gaming" Specifically. Satya Nadella came in and he's all about the power of the internet. "Game Pass" is not an end goal as much as a first step. The "Dream End Goal" is the xCloud/Azure. Once that is up and running, GamePass will truly be the Netflix of gaming. The Xbox Console machine will only be a device to run games with a dedicated controller on TVs that might not support the Xbox App. The Xbox App will be on everything and a sub revenue (which people are already used to due to GP) will be the major revenue earner from all possible devices - not just the Xbox machine or PC.

Without Azure, most probably, new Xbox Conxole would not have been supported much at all.

32 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

So much discussion about future but when will we get the console?? ??

I finished Tlou 2 and Got from my backlog..

now just waiting for a new console?

At least some of us were smart enough to keep the last gen console until we had the next gen one in our hands.

I feel bad for those who sold their current gen console and are waiting for PS5 launch/XSX stock. They have their dick in their hands until then :bend:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

Their “investigation” has even started to show results :rofl: 

PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368. PS5 in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox Series X in Performance Mode rarely renders at a native resolution of 3840x2160 and drops in resolution down to 1920x1080 seem to be uncommon.

In scenes such as 8:14 the PS5 in Performance Mode runs at a higher native resolution than the Xbox Series X in Performance Mode but with worse performance. However, in many scenes the PS5 and Xbox Series X render at a very similar resolution in Performance Mode.

PS5 and Xbox Series X in Performance Mode use a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160 when rendering natively below this resolution. PS5 and Xbox Series X in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 3552x1998. On both consoles in Quality Mode drops in resolution below 3840x2160 seem to be uncommon.

Xbox Series S in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1200x675. Xbox Series S in Performance Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 1920x1080 when rendering natively below this resolution. Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 2880x1620 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2048x1152. Xbox Series S in Quality Mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction to increase the resolution up to 2880x1620 when rendering natively below this resolution.

-VG Tech