The Xbox Series X|S thread

30 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

If the gap in various countries continue to be this wide, I hope MS doesn't abandon xbox mid gen. Slightly nervous about owning a series X now :fear:

well, these numbers dont tell how many were manufactured. If everything that was made was sold, doesn't make sense for MS to abandon.  

29 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

If the gap in various countries continue to be this wide, I hope MS doesn't abandon xbox mid gen. Slightly nervous about owning a series X now :fear:

Neah.  
They know it until '22, they don't have a real shot.

But price-drop will come much earlier.

2TB SKU for X and 1TB S will drop in mid next year.

13 minutes ago, Right said:

Neah.  

Thats a little too specific , have a source for this?

Edited by triggr happy ss

some more thoughts on the XSX after a week:

1. Its super quiet and the heat dissipation is good. I have been keeping it running for 3-4 hours at a stretch at room temperature (overnight for downloads) and the external shell doesn't get too hot. No sounds from the fan. It runs silent.
2. I dont like the controller size. For my large hands, the 360 controller had set very high benchmarks. 
3. GamePass induces the "kid in a candy shop" syndrome. Ended up downloading sh*t loads of games not playing any more than 15 mins :P except Titanfall 2. That game's dope.
4. Something's wrong with the download speeds. Games are downloading at a speed ranging anywhere between 5 MBPS to 90 MBPS, averaging 20 MBPS on Wifi. Apps like Grove and MS Store updates are downloading at speeds which go down to kbps. Haven't seen those speeds since the dial-up days. 

28 minutes ago, Right said:

Neah.  

Microsoft has categorically denied price drops this generation and nvme ssds aren't that cheap just to double them just like that. 

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

well, these numbers dont tell how many were manufactured. If everything that was made was sold, doesn't make sense for MS to abandon.  

Rough math based on how many dies AMD printing for either consoles

26 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

What does this mean ? 8.4m units of Xbox x/s in q4? 
and India got 2k units? 

More like 500 units approx. The rest is just an extrapolation from AMD's wafer data using TSMC. Whopping 80% allocated to consoles while just 20% to PC stuff.

• Confused 1

Not trying to incite flame wars and I know I’m late to the party. But the Series X is awesome. QR works like a charm. No longer do I need to get a mouthful from the wife when she wants to jump back into a game. 
Valhalla looks absolutely gorgeous on the X. I say “looks” because I don’t play it. :D That’s more wife-territory. For me FH4 in 4K60fps = Heaven. Very content with that for now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Holy hell. This isn't a battle, its domination. And Sony is still having shortages.

These are chips being produced in Q4. They still need to be shipped to sony/msft, built into consoles with other parts, tested at various stages, shipped to retailers across the world (generally via sea). you wont see them in consumer hands before q2 2021, and maybe q1 in best case.