The Xbox Series X|S thread

21 minutes ago, skdMrk said:

Got this email from Amazon just now. Original delivery date was today i.e. 2nd Jan (order was placed on 27th November)

We’re facing a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is given below. We'll send a confirmation when your items ship. We apologize for the inconvenience.

New estimated delivery date:
Thursday, January 7, 2021 - Saturday, January 9, 2021

:cry:

I got the same mail but with delivery date as Jan 5. I had ordered on Nov-10. Hopefully this is the last time the date changes.

23 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Guys, does network transfer from One X to Series X works via LAN ? 

Right now doing through wifi, its super slow..  like 35  mins for 30 GB

I had mine on two external HDDs. The One S to HDD transfer wasn't too bad.

And yea, I don't think I'll be playing anything anytime soon. Most Game Pass games seem to need an update. I picked up Dirt 5 and Valhalla to try 4K120, but that's a combined 150 gig download lol.

It's nice to see the TV check all the boxes, though. Literally everything's got a green tick against it :D

18 minutes ago, Keyofx said:

I had mine on two external HDDs. The One S to HDD transfer wasn't too bad.

And yea, I don't think I'll be playing anything anytime soon. Most Game Pass games seem to need an update. I picked up Dirt 5 and Valhalla to try 4K120, but that's a combined 150 gig download lol.

It's nice to see the TV check all the boxes, though. Literally everything's got a green tick against it :D

So console to console LAN is not possible, hook up both console to modem via LAN  then possible.. Speeds now 4 times it was on wifi.. so stupid..  

20210102-150810.jpg

I am copying everything about 800 gigs of data, will delete after testing everything 

Edited by Assassins Creed

22 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

So console to console LAN is not possible, hook up both console to modem via LAN  then possible.. Speeds now 4 times it was on wifi.. so stupid..  

My internetz is faster than your Wi-Fi :lol:

• Sad 1

@adity CX Is it working fine on selecting 12 bit or should I keep at 10 bit.. I am not sure if the game will ovveride it anyway..  Also I am turning off low latency on the console because on TV it should be anyway Game Mode HDR on.. keeping the VRR

+

@Keyofx 

[mention=15675]adity[/mention] CX Is it working fine on selecting 12 bit or should I keep at 10 bit.. I am not sure if the game will ovveride it anyway..  Also I am turning off low latency on the console because on TV it should be anyway Game Mode HDR on.. keeping the VRR

+
[mention=384]Keyofx[/mention] 

You may want to see this one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

@adity CX Is it working fine on selecting 12 bit or should I keep at 10 bit.. I am not sure if the game will ovveride it anyway..  Also I am turning off low latency on the console because on TV it should be anyway Game Mode HDR on.. keeping the VRR

+

@Keyofx 

Changed mine to 10 bit with ALL, VRR, etc. on, but haven't tried any games yet. I don't think the CX panel supports 12 bit, so I didn't bother switching to it. Not sure if I'm getting that wrong.

I wanted to get all the downloads out of the way before I actually played anything.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Recording time depends on the resolution i think 

1 min for 1080p, 30 seconds for 4K :rofl:

Changed the background to dynamic, now I know this is my new Series X and not One X ;)

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Metro Exodus would look mental with 60 FPS unlocked on SS, looking forward to play that one again once they release the patch.. the load times have now improved but not really playable at 30 FPS :P 

I bought it just a few days ago on the X during a sale. But yeah holding back for a patch. Then again the 1st two games ran like dogs so not holding my breath on this ?

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

20210102-150810.jpg

I am copying everything about 800 gigs of data, will delete after testing everything 

Yikes that setup. Hope your console dont get over heated. :P