The Xbox Series X|S thread

6 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Basically that usb charger wont cut charging once batteries are full. The lights will be off to indicate cells are charged but power will not be cutoff. Kinda f**ks up the batteries in the long run

The play & charge kit has a Li-Ion battery. Those always have had auto cut off once 100% built in for ages. Not that i recommend it though. 

39 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

The play & charge kit has a Li-Ion battery. Those always have had auto cut off once 100% built in for ages. Not that i recommend it though. 

No no , not talking about plug and charge kit. 

The eneloop chargers have a cheaper variant that charges only via usb but does not have auto cut feature. Was talking about that.

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

The eneloop chargers have a cheaper variant that charges only via usb but does not have auto cut feature. Was talking about that.

Ohhh accha. It's the newest one na? I saw on amazon touting a usb port. CC-61 

Yeah stay away from that. CC-17 or 55 are tried and tested.

38 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

the charging time for that CC61 is advertised at 10 hrs! That product is clearly intended for someone with either normal level of patience or high level of planning abilities. I wouldn't recommend it. I got the CC55. Charges 2 batteries in 1.5 hours flat.

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Eneloops or even Duracell won't last for 4-5 years lol. I've yet to see a Ni-MH last that long with regular use. Half of them will die at 2 year mark.

With those 1.5 hour fast charge times, it's no surprise. You're killing the cells pretty quick, I guess.

2 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

the charging time for that CC61 is advertised at 10 hrs! That product is clearly intended for someone with either normal level of patience or high level of planning abilities. I wouldn't recommend it. I got the CC55. Charges 2 batteries in 1.5 hours flat.

Yea, I think the CC61 isn't USB Type-C. Best avoided.

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Eneloops or even Duracell won't last for 4-5 years lol. I've yet to see a Ni-MH last that long with regular use. Half of them will die at 2 year mark.

Eneloops are very well known to last years on end. They are rated for 2100 charge-discharge cycles. If you recharge them twice a week (for  a heavy gamer), that equates to about 100 cycles in an year. 

The Eneloop Pros have a larger capacity 2500mAh but they're rated for 500 cycles - which is still great considering more capacity = lesser cycles 

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

If one uses the old skool slow chargers they do. Also helps running the same brand charger for eneloop. I've messed up many sony batteries trying to make them play well with eneloop chargers and vice-versa.

You remember that Sony reset charger about 10-12 years ago :lol: It used to claim resetting a battery to start afresh. F**ked my eneloops :angry:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluesphynx said:

Eneloops are very well known to last years on end. They are rated for 2100 charge-discharge cycles. If you recharge them twice a week (for  a heavy gamer), that equates to about 100 cycles in an year. 

The Eneloop Pros have a larger capacity 2500mAh but they're rated for 500 cycles - which is still great considering more capacity = lesser cycles 

They're rated at those cycles provided you keep them in ideal conditions. NiMH is extremely susceptible to high temps which makes them degrade faster especially in India. Although 2100 cycles should last a lot longer than standard 500 cycle NiMH.

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

If one uses the old skool slow chargers they do. Also helps running the same brand charger for eneloop. I've messed up many sony batteries trying to make them play well with eneloop chargers and vice-versa.

You remember that Sony reset charger about 10-12 years ago :lol: It used to claim resetting a battery to start afresh. F**ked my eneloops :angry:

Yeah if you put it in a fast charge that doesn't support trickle charge, it'll kill the batteries faster than anything else.

I've a ton of eneloops and they are all working for more than 4-5 years. I use a Maha C9000 charger. Their chargers are the ones to get if you are into a lot of rechargeable batteries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shantz said:

I've a ton of eneloops and they are all working for more than 4-5 years. I use a Maha C9000 charger. Their chargers are the ones to get if you are into a lot of rechargeable batteries.

This doesn't look like a fast charger. How long does it take on average to top up?

5 minutes ago, Shantz said:

That’s elusive as anything. Till date haven’t seen it anywhere online in India. But yes that’s a very reputed charger and brand. 

Just now, Keyofx said:

This doesn't look like a fast charger. How long does it take on average to top up?

It's a configurable charger. You can do fast/slow/refresh etc depending on what you need by controlling the charge rate (and whether you want trickle at end or not etc). For completely drained to full, you can go from anywhere between 1-2 hours to 1 day. I keep the charging rate pretty low to extend life since I have quite a few eneloops, so I do overnight charging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jigsaw said:

That’s elusive as anything. Till date haven’t seen it anywhere online in India. But yes that’s a very reputed charger and brand. 

Yeah, I bought this like 12-15 years ago from US. Still going strong.