The Xbox Series X|S thread

3 hours ago, hope said:

:rofl:

Now Compare Medium to Demon Souls n Miles and that is the difference exactly between mediocre next gen and true next gen.i.e Series X and PS5 :giggle:

Returnal and Rift apart coming soon. True next gen stuff coming on PS5. Continue the Indie Bhindis on GP at 8k 1000 FPS. Whata next gen for Xbox owners  :giggle:

Bas baat khatam tata bye bye.

Although I do agree Xbox doesn't have any proper next gen quality games yet nor do they hold a candle when it comes to quality of exclusives Sony has and probably will never have unless Bethesda can go back to its roots and deliver for Xbox this generation. I have been the hardest of hardcore PS fanboy for years owning everything Sony had to offer from PS2 to PS4 era. Never even looked at Xbox , apart from Forza series. there is still nothing that I personally feel remarkable or great on this platform, maybe Gears is decent, not a Halo lover at all.

But ever since the backwards compatibility program was launched by MS, I seem to have slowly slowly started giving MS respect and appreciate what they are doing and even embracing the idea of myself ever owning a Xbox in future, there entire lineup of X enhanced backwards compatibility of original Xbox and 360 games is a remarkable feat and hits your nostalgia if you are a old school gamer. I bought games like RDR, GTA 4, Complete Splinter Cell series, KOTOR 1 & 2, Dead Space series etc. again despite owning many of them on Steam so I can play them sitting on a couch on a big TV. There is a certain one console to play them all feel here, which sadly Sony can't offer and doesn't care unfortunately about. 

I was missing my PS3 a lot ever since selling it in 2012, hence after selling my PS4 last year, I actually bought a PS3 again to play some of those old games like Motorstorm, Killzone, Metal Gear, Resistance series etc. that I loved and cherished. Its hard to explain the love of old games, not every gamer thinks that way these days.

With Xbox One X being the superior console in almost every third party game with better resolution and graphics , and the same continuing this generation as well mostly, I jumped station and bought a Xbox Series X ahead of PS5 this generation, my gaming laptop with a GTX1060 was outdated as well.  I'm more than happy to wait for PS5 digital edition to come later on and hopefully with drop in price once the chaos is over or even a PS5 Slim in a couple of years time to play my big PS4 library of games.

Deep down I'm still a Sony fanboy and probably will always remain to show true colors if pushed by Xbots :P, but overall I have outgrown this console fanboy brigade and learned to truly appreciate and respect both Sony and MS on what they each offer and bring to the table to entertain us.

Edited by Joy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, adity said:

Anyways, so I started yakuza 3 remastered the other day. Surprisingly looks pretty decent. I've heard the combat is really weak but I guess I'm gonna have to tough it out. Many people have praised the story. 

Frankly, I would suggest you  YouTube Yakuza 3 story and move on to Yakuza 4.

Yakuza 5 is the real GOAT, and you have to reach there  quickly. If there is one mainline Yakuza game that will make you quit the series permanently - it's Yakuza 3. The game is built to frustrate. Even random mooks will keep on blocking and dragging out the useless fights- and they are there every 2 steps you take.

At least Yakuza 4 is good enough (though still high combat frequency) and Yakuza 5 is right up there in the leagues of Yakuza 0.

Edited by roun90

9 minutes ago, makdi_manav said:

Bhailog please HALP. Koi reply toh do.

Getting crushed blacks on XSX. :panic:

Xbox right from the xbone has had a weird gamma curve. Are you sure HDMI deep colour is enabled on the port? I think it's called HDMI enhanced on Sammy TVs. Tagging @Karooo as he has one. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

1 hour ago, Joy said:

Although I do agree Xbox doesn't have any proper next gen quality games yet nor do they hold a candle when it comes to quality of exclusives Sony has and probably will never have unless Bethesda can go back to its roots and deliver for Xbox this generation. I have been the hardest of hardcore PS fanboy for years owning everything Sony had to offer from PS2 to PS4 era. Never even looked at Xbox , apart from Forza series. there is still nothing that I personally feel remarkable or great on this platform, maybe Gears is decent, not a Halo lover at all.

But ever since the backwards compatibility program was launched by MS, I seem to have slowly slowly started giving MS respect and appreciate what they are doing and even embracing the idea of myself ever owning a Xbox in future, there entire lineup of X enhanced backwards compatibility of original Xbox and 360 games is a remarkable feat and hits your nostalgia if you are a old school gamer. I bought games like RDR, GTA 4, Complete Splinter Cell series, KOTOR 1 & 2, Dead Space series etc. again despite owning many of them on Steam so I can play them sitting on a couch on a big TV. There is a certain one console to play them all feel here, which sadly Sony can't offer and doesn't care unfortunately about. 

I was missing my PS3 a lot ever since selling it in 2012, hence after selling my PS4 last year, I actually bought a PS3 again to play some of those old games like Motorstorm, Killzone, Metal Gear, Resistance series etc. that I loved and cherished. Its hard to explain the love of old games, not every gamer thinks that way these days.

With Xbox One X being the superior console in almost every third party game with better resolution and graphics , and the same continuing this generation as well mostly, I jumped station and bought a Xbox Series X ahead of PS5 this generation, my gaming laptop with a GTX1060 was outdated as well.  I'm more than happy to wait for PS5 digital edition to come later on and hopefully with drop in price once the chaos is over or even a PS5 Slim in a couple of years time to play my big PS4 library of games.

Deep down I'm still a Sony fanboy and probably will always remain to show true colors if pushed by Xbots :P, but overall I have outgrown this console fanboy brigade and learned to truly appreciate and respect both Sony and MS on what they each offer and bring to the table to entertain us.

Agreed. Best place to play old xbox games no doubt. The library is crazy good :majesty:

17 minutes ago, Jake said:

Got my dbrand skins to day for the series X
Waiting for the PS5 dark plates to ship now 04f903a9ad804db4454d5cce0744b665.jpg4d8f780df869be0b8fef40be623def9b.jpg73e51434c90bf2e52f0ce60fb4f38bae.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

That is Cool. Amazing.

5 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Plates? If yes, then let me know about if you incur any customs.

People were saying to add "Mark it as a gift" in the order remarks section but I don't think that will work.

Skins for Series X.. Happy with white plates.. will be doing a custom paint later this year.. 

For how much its value is, I don't think you should worry much about customs man..

I ordered cycling jerseys worth 150 pounds n paid zero customs..depends on whose assessing it actually.. now anyway it will ship in May, try your luck..

8 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Skins for Series X.. Happy with white plates.. will be doing a custom paint later this year.. 

For how much its value is, I don't think you should worry much about customs man..

I ordered cycling jerseys worth 150 pounds n paid zero customs..depends on whose assessing it actually.. now anyway it will ship in May, try your luck..

Skins and jerseys are fine but plates will come in a big box and I don't expect custom officer to understand.

My friend ordered a keyboard worth around 120 USD and got charged 45%. I know it was an electronic but a stupid officer can do the same with the plates.

Custom paint sounds nice though.

Edited by kunjanp

40 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

I got charged customs for dbrand skins and tempered glasses. :wallbash:

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Xbox right from the xbone has had a weird gamma curve. Are you sure HDMI deep colour is enabled on the port? I think it's called HDMI enhanced on Sammy TVs. Tagging @Karooo as he has one. 

I have tested with the following settings.

Color Space on XSX - HDMI Black Level on TV - Closed Black Eye Visible
         Standard         -             Low                -                   No
         Standard         -             Normal          -                   Yes
         PC RGB           -             Low                -                    No
         PC RGB           -             Normal           -                   No

Only way to see the closed black eye is to keep color space on Standard and black level on normal. From what I have read this is not the correct setting, as it gives greyish black. :cry:

14 minutes ago, makdi_manav said:

I have tested with the following settings.

Color Space on XSX - HDMI Black Level on TV - Closed Black Eye Visible
         Standard         -             Low                -                   No
         Standard         -             Normal          -                   Yes
         PC RGB           -             Low                -                    No
         PC RGB           -             Normal           -                   No

Only way to see the closed black eye is to keep color space on Standard and black level on normal. From what I have read this is not the correct setting, as it gives greyish black. :cry:

You're not alone. My LG also seems off with the dashboard UI although the eye is visible during the xbox calibration. Thankfully games look fine. Not as good as the PS5 in forced RGB and black level set to High. Spidey looks stunning with this setup. 

I am 8bit and color depth set to standard. 10 bit not necessary as the tv will anyways switch to 10bit when it detects an appropriate signal. Color depth standard because rgb blows the colours out to an unnatural level. Also Allow YCC 422 unchecked. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update