The Xbox Series X|S thread

40 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Booked my Series X from Amazon an hour back. :bounce: Hyped for the console version of Flight Simulator now!

Hopefully Amazon doesn't pull any shenanigans now. 

Thank you @Shantz for the tweet, you're the MVP in this endeavour.:hi2:

I don't think you need to worry much. It might get delayed by a few days like it did for me, but you will most likely get it.

The demand for XSX is so low in India that you need not worry, I think. I just visited a Games The Shop store today and was told that for new games, they usually only have PS games available. For Xbox, they will get them only on demand :(

13 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

EneloopPro 2550mah: 500 cycles : 1000 bucks

Eneloop 2000mah: 2100 cycles :  860 bucks

AmzBasics 2400mah: 1000 cycles : 1000 bucks

AmzBasics 2000mah: 1000 cycles : 659 bucks

Are Eneloop better than Amz?

Because it certainly makes sense to go with Amz 2400mah option as Eneloop Pro are rated for only 500 cycles.

Or even normal Eneloop with 2100 cycles.

don’t  buy Amazon ones ... they are absolutely sh*t ..build quality is horrendous...

they also overheated while charging and destroyed the charging ports 

01-B4-AE70-4059-474-D-9-A96-E0-F550-FA91

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

don’t  buy Amazon ones ... they are absolutely sh*t ..build quality is horrendous...

Damn, then are normal Eneloops enough or do I need to get Pro in order to drive the controller properly?

7 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Not available so I'll get the Panasonic Smart one.

I've been using that Panasonic smart charger with these Panasonic batteries for last few months now. No complaints till now. they charge fast and last long. close to 15-20 hours of gameplay.   

Edited by WhatsInTheName
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Damn, then are normal Eneloops enough or do I need to get Pro in order to drive the controller properly?

I use the normal white ones and they work great ... they last almost 10-12 days...

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bippukt said:

I don't think you need to worry much. It might get delayed by a few days like it did for me, but you will most likely get it.

The demand for XSX is so low in India that you need not worry, I think. I just visited a Games The Shop store today and was told that for new games, they usually only have PS games available. For Xbox, they will get them only on demand :(

Loaded up on Game Pass Ultimate and I've bought digitally only for most of the last generation so I'm okay on the games front. 

My pain is the limited accessories available for the Xbox. Been on the market to pick up a compatible wheel but looks like I'll have to import it from Dubai or something.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

EneloopPro 2550mah: 500 cycles : 1000 bucks

Eneloop 2000mah: 2100 cycles :  860 bucks

AmzBasics 2400mah: 1000 cycles : 1000 bucks

AmzBasics 2000mah: 1000 cycles : 659 bucks

Are Eneloop better than Amz?

Because it certainly makes sense to go with Amz 2400mah option as Eneloop Pro are rated for only 500 cycles.

Or even normal Eneloop with 2100 cycles.

1000 cycles would mean at least ~12 years of play with 3 hours everyday. That 2100 cycles claim could be a typo. The normal ones should be fine. 

15 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

which charger were you using ? Just curious

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

The value proposition of Xbox brand just skyrocketed with this Bethesda deal. 

Non-owners should now consider getting an Xbox soon. 

Nah I'm sticking with my PC. Playing Bethesda games without mods (or limited mods) is lulz.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Nah I'm sticking with my PC. Playing Bethesda games without mods (or limited mods) is lulz.

I've noticed in these past few months that Xbox gets better deals and games from GP than on PC. 

But for mods, I'll use it on my PC, if they can run (no plans for an upgrade yet) .. those big boo.. fancy mods will be missed. 

This doesn't seem like a super duper big deal right now but just wait till Starfield draws closer and this will be such a big deal. Xbox sales will skyrocket. I'm a huge fan of this decision. PS Studios finally has a decent competitor. They were reigning supreme until today.