The Xbox Series X|S thread

Just now, adity said:

Yeah Gears 5 also has very questionable design choices. 

If rest of Gears 5 was like Act 1, it would've been a 9/10 game easily. But instead it ends up being 7/10 because of the bullshit. 

Gears 5 was infinitely better than 4.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Speaking of Xbox games... recently finished Gears 4 and Halo 5. Jesus Christ... I have never been so bored playing a halo or gears game.

Seems like the quality for both series dropped after the 3rd game.

Edit: Just to add I still think halo 1 and 2 are the best in the series, while gears 2 was the best in its series.

Join DIRT sessions :chainsaw:

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

Again contractual obligation as those games were already announced before the devs we’re acquired and even had different publishers.

You don't need contractual agreement for multiplatform games. There is only contract when you have some exclusive DLC or timed exclusivity. Plenty of announced games get cancelled, nobody knows this better than MS :lol: 

Its nice of them to not can the games on PS4 after acquisition, but in UK Outer Worlds sold like 78% of the total copies sold just on PS4. The fact that they're now letting go that revenue for new games tells you they're all in with exclusivity stuff. Which was always fine, there was never the need for holier than thou attitude that MS execs showed for a very short amount of time last year. Exclusives make your platform attractive and good to see MS back on board.

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Just hope MS does not run Bethesda to the ground with its constant 180s. They need to take pointers from Sony on how to nurture studios from ground up instead of just buying established ones.

I feel the chances of them effing up is low, Bethesda can only go up from where it is right now. 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

Speaking of Xbox games... recently finished Gears 4 and Halo 5. Jesus Christ... I have never been so bored playing a halo or gears game.

Seems like the quality for both series dropped after the 3rd game.

Edit: Just to add I still think halo 1 and 2 are the best in the series, while gears 2 was the best in its series.

4 is not bad but it's my least favourite Gears. Halo 5 i never bothered playing coz of massive install size and never looked tat appealing to me.  Gears 5 on other hand i really enjoyed. Gears 5 as whole package is best Gears for me as Horde mode is really good and multiplayer also lot improved and better.

Gears 2 and 3 multiplayer never worked properly for Indians, i always use to struggle to find matches and host advantage was huge pain.. Epic never bothered fixing or adding servers for Asian gamers

Edited by WhiteWolf

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Exclusives are great and make your platform attractive, plus something to keep gaming masala alive.

Just hope MS does not run Bethesda to the ground with its constant 180s. They need to take pointers from Sony on how to nurture studios from ground up instead of just buying established ones.

There is no Terry Myerson or Don Matrick incharge to f**k things up.. As long as Uncle Phill and Satya are incharge, all 23 studios will be safe.

21 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Yep. This was awesome. ?

Yeah fantastic editing and music made video even better..

Music used in video

All i can say Future is bright for Game Pass users :P

Once Ubisoft joins GP then no poines will be able to resist GamePass :)

Edited by WhiteWolf

I loved gears 4 .... loved prev trilogy as well, but that was so long ago.  I've started with gears 5 and even that seems fantastic so far (still in the first chapter).  Halo is a different story though.  The sci-fi architectures which looked amazing in halo 3 days, looks pretty monotonous and jaded in halo 4 :-/  Even the tut-tut weapons don't have the same allure they had back in the days of halo 3 !

Edited by Ne0

Gears 5 act 1 and 4 were nice. Act 2 and 3 were garbage. Totally unnecessary trash open world stuff. 

HALO is all about gunplay. 

Edited by Joe Cool

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

Is it true that... they are thinking of Halo Battle Royale... by some studio of Bethesda??

Halo BR is possibility.

Haven't heard about Zenimax involvement. 

Edited by Joe Cool

All, I will remove xbox notifications from the telegram channel today as most people here seem to have gotten it already. If someone still needs it, reply to this post by 5PM today or forever hold your peace.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shantz said:

All, I will remove xbox notifications from the telegram channel today as most people here seem to have gotten it already. If someone still needs it, reply to this post by 5PM today or forever hold your peace.

@Fir3lordZuk0

2 hours ago, Shantz said:

Replying before 5 PM. :P

Please don't remove the tracker. I want to buy one, but not immediately, maybe a couple of months down the line. 

Those who don't want to be on the tracker can remove themselves from the channel. 

6 minutes ago, adity said:

:thumbdown: There are many people looking to score a ps5 immediately and the XSX alerts constantly flood the channel. Why do you want people to suffer if you're not even looking to buy one. 

So weird. 

Did I say I don't want to buy one ? I'm just waiting to buy some months down the line. The tracker will be useful then. 

If it's troublesome, remove it. Why even ask then ? If you're asking, take opinions, and work on them if possible. 

Giving an option, and then dissing it when someone wants to exercise that option - lame. 

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Did I say I don't want to buy one ? I'm just waiting to buy some months down the line. The tracker will be useful then. 

If it's troublesome, remove it. Why even ask then ? If you're asking, take opinions, and work on them if possible. 

Giving an option, and then dissing it when someone wants to exercise that option - lame. 

I personally think given the stock situation now with free availability of Series S and increased availability of both consoles across states (Only xbox in India) we might be in a situation where such trackers are no longer needed. That being said, why don't you purchase one right away and double the fun?

Edited by Bluebolt05