The Xbox Series X|S thread

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Edit: it doesn't include the wireless dongle in the box, da fuk? :doh: 

Edit: Nevermind, Verge article didn't mention it correctly. Pairs directly to console.

Great job MS.

Edited by kunjanp

"Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one"

On 3/13/2021 at 9:45 AM, Assassins Creed said:

:threatenlumber:Did you get early access 

It's out now.

Five Legendary Bethesda Titles Get the FPS Boost Treatment on Xbox Series X|S Today

we’re excited to announce that five of the biggest titles from their vast catalog of games – Dishonored: Definitive Edition, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4, Fallout 76, and Prey – will all be updated today to enable FPS Boost on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. And it’s not just owners of these titles that get to take advantage of FPS Boost; all these titles are available with FPS Boost for Xbox Game Pass members too.

For the five titles we’ve shared today, gamers can expect to see an increase from 30 fps to nearly 60 fps while enabling FPS Boost.

We’ve got more titles that will support FPS Boost to announce in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for the latest and greatest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

"Outriders will be available on Console and Android phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on day one"

at this rate (dirt 5, outriders and what not), people who spent 57k on XSX + GP literally would get all their money back and then some over the next 3 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So I had left Dishonored in the middle of the first chapter because of the frame rate thing. I usually cant tell frame rates, but this game was a bit too janky for me. 

After this update though, its way better. This is really an awesome thing MS is doing. Sniper Elite 4 is also such a buttery smooth experience with the fps boost.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

at this rate (dirt 5, outriders and what not), people who spent 57k on XSX + GP literally would get all their money back and then some over the next 3 years

It is even more for someone like me who used to spend 40k-60k on games a year - I know for sure because I keep an excel for all games and keep track of which ones I played and which were wasted. About 30% of the games I played for only a couple of hours and then gave up and 10k per year would be for pc games. Even with that, in 3 years, I save close to 1 lakh!

For Indian gamers who are not rich, the choice should be obvious.

• Like 1