The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, wickedbl0ke said:

Was getting frustrated of buying batteries so just upgraded.

5f532ea7e51b1909c5d0016e9ace7b19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why buy batteries all the time, should have invested in Enloops like the rest of us,

6 hours ago, wickedbl0ke said:

Was getting frustrated of buying batteries so just upgraded.

5f532ea7e51b1909c5d0016e9ace7b19.jpg

if you ever get a second controller, buy eneloop charger and 4 rechargeable batteries for it. They come highly recommended from all the users here and would allow you to stay wireless even when you run out of charge during a play session. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Just started playing this ... 60fps is really a game changer 

it really is. 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

The game gets super boring 10 hours in.

is it because of the grind? I am really not liking the weapon repair mechanic that requires you to repair a weapon even after test firing a single bullet. I can see how this will play out as the game progresses and would eventually make me focus too much on getting the cash or repair parts all the time. It would be a shame though, as I am loving the set up so far. The writing is pretty good and the characters and dialogues are hilarious.  

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

it really is. 

is it because of the grind? I am really not liking the weapon repair mechanic that requires you to repair a weapon even after test firing a single bullet. I can see how this will play out as the game progresses and would eventually make me focus too much on getting the cash or repair parts all the time. It would be a shame though, as I am loving the set up so far. The writing is pretty good and the characters and dialogues are hilarious.  

Once you get to Monarch (3rd World I think), the game just becomes directionless and pointless. Quests that don't mean much or have any substance, the main story also becomes completely boring. Worse, despite that area being a giant open world, you are going to discover you can't go to some areas because enemies are too powerful. You also have to spend quite a bit of time there. It gets so boring, I simply got burned out.

3 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

if you ever get a second controller, buy eneloop charger and 4 rechargeable batteries for it. They come highly recommended from all the users here and would allow you to stay wireless even when you run out of charge during a play session. 

how can the controller work if the batteries run out of charge ?

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Once you get to Monarch (3rd World I think), the game just becomes directionless and pointless. Quests that don't mean much or have any substance, the main story also becomes completely boring. Worse, despite that area being a giant open world, you are going to discover you can't go to some areas because enemies are too powerful. You also have to spend quite a bit of time there. It gets so boring, I simply got burned out.

oh ok. I am still in Edgewater. just looting every chest I can find :fear1:

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

how can the controller work if the batteries run out of charge ?

1 controller, 4 batteries. 2 run the controller, 2 stay in charger. when the ones in controller run out, swap and put the empty ones in charger and charged ones in controller. rinse and repeat.

I most definitely shall. I’m waiting for that red one to drop.

bc42b3zrp1o61.jpg

this as opposed to archaic PS5 save migration :rofl: -

start off by signing onto the same account on the PS5 that is on the PS4. If players are migrating data from separate consoles, then both PS4 and PS5 need to be logged onto the same exact network. Once that is done, synchronize the trophy information by pressing the Options button while viewing trophies, and select Sync with PlayStation Network. Finally, on the PS5 console, go into the system software tab in the setting menu and hit "Data Transfer."

https://kotaku.com/xbox-smart-delivery-turned-out-to-be-a-pretty-big-deal-1846515502/

:rofl: this -

Edited by 0verlord

Xbox Series X : Dolby Vision Gaming unlocked for Insiders

Dolby Vision Gaming
-Up to 40x brighter lights
-10x deeper blacks
-Deep, richer 12-bit colors
-More contrast and color show more detail and texture

https://www.xboxdynasty.de/news/xbox-series-x/dolby-vision-gaming-fuer-insider-freigeschaltet/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

bc42b3zrp1o61.jpg

this as opposed to archaic PS5 save migration :rofl: -

Don't know how PS5 is doing it but this Xbox system is proper seamless.

I unplugged the external drive from my OG Xbox One, plugged it into the Series X and ran RDR2. It took a couple of minutes to prep the game and loaded up all my save files & progress from where I left of on my older console. Thought I would have to say least manually sync the data or something.

8 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Don't know how PS5 is doing it but this Xbox system is proper seamless.

I unplugged the external drive from my OG Xbox One, plugged it into the Series X and ran RDR2. It took a couple of minutes to prep the game and loaded up all my save files & progress from where I left of on my older console. Thought I would have to say least manually sync the data or something.

Its the same on PS5. The problem is when you go from current gen to next gen, and even though they have a system in place like Smart Delivery (its been there since PS3/Vita days), in their infinite wisdom they let the individual developers decide whatever the hell they want to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also, can someone share the link of the Gamepass 3yr trick post, can't find it?

In instant on mode, I can just keep the downloads running and turn the XSX right? It will keep on downloading?

Lastly, any reasonable thumb grips available for xsx controller?

6 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Also, can someone share the link of the Gamepass 3yr trick post, can't find it?

In instant on mode, I can just keep the downloads running and turn the XSX right? It will keep on downloading?

Lastly, any reasonable thumb grips available for xsx controller?

• Thanks 1