The Xbox Series X|S thread

Just now, AnK said:

I meant in the tweets & the presentation of such titles under the “boost” radar 

90% ppl don’t read every nook & corner of the entire article 

Xbox/M$ & their circle jerk unit should mention this in headlines 

instead of the article 

Dude, its not nook and corner. Its right there in the main body of the article - 2nd paragraph. Not a bottom page note in small font with asterix. No. Its in the main body of the article which describes FPS boost. 

And the reason you cant put everything in headlines is because then it wont  be the "headlines". 

5 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Where can I get assasins creed unity for cheap.. heard it was earlier going for 70rs on cdkeys.. same price anywhere else ? 

that deal is not there on cdkeys anymore. You need to keep checking it on daily/weekly basis to see if it returns. Jigsaw convinced me to splurge 70 on it back when it was a 30 fps monster.:fap:    

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

that deal is not there on cdkeys anymore. You need to keep checking it on daily/weekly basis to see if it returns. Jigsaw convinced me to splurge 70 on it back when it was a 30 fps monster.:fap:    

I guess I’ll wait for it to drop to 70 again ?

17 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

How is giving options for free a bad thing ? Also it funny coming from you specially after year of begging for a 60fps mode for bloodborne. 

Giving options is never a bad thing. But a last gen game with a boost is not equivalent to a next gen new game. I would have an XSX now(provided i was successful in getting one) if they had couple of awesome exclusives during launch.

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

GPU day and date game releases - amazing. Giving Outriders, Outer Worlds and other such games Day 1 - mind blowing. But claiming a 60 fps patch for bargain bin titles makes it the best console ever - strange. 

I'm more hyped by the new additions to the GPU, and seeing what Obsidian does with the MS money. PoE is one of the best CRPGs out there, and with a free hand, it can become one of the finest titles period, beating the likes of Dragon Age and such. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Exactly my point. Also I am waiting to see new titles from MS provided they release something new. I don't want to buy a 50K console to get FPS boost, I want new games.

6 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

its ok to get excited about certain things, while not consider some other things to be such big deals. Other people might be excited about things you find dull and not find your excitement so hot. This is how the world works. Nothing new. 

Quite the contrary when it comes to console launches. This is the first time console launches are supplemented by "boosts" rather than new games. It was never the way the world worked. 

Also what people find exciting, I agree with you. It's subjective I know. What I am saying is, I personally feel it's not enough to launch and justify a console purchase.

59 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I played gears 4  on 1080p@60fps rather than 4k@30fps:fear1:

60fps is just better even at lower resolution.

I played full game at 4k. Looks too good on a big TV. Didn’t mind sacrificing 60fps

44 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Where can I get assasins creed unity for cheap.. heard it was earlier going for 70rs on cdkeys.. same price anywhere else ? 

people spent big bucks to get the disc for the 60fps. Now people like me who got digital for ₹78 get redemption with this 60fps boost 

I think fps boost is excellent for games from earlier part of last decade - people who didn’t manage to play them

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The exclusive situation is nothing new. Everyone knows there's going to be drought for the first couple of years. 

Other than that, idk how every discussion derails into a 50k purchase not being justified? 

There will be a lot of products that don't make sense to you and its fine to not buy them. At this point, if you look at XSX and it doesn't give enough value to you, don't buy it. I didn't buy Xbox 360 or one or one x or wii or wiiU because it didn't appeal to me. 

I don't know why you should be puzzled by it making sense to someone else. People are different. 

Especially when there are so many "old" blockbuster games on Ps5 that there shouldn't be any time left for getting into the 58k debate.

44 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Any gamer worth his salt knows that if you want a resolution boost, you are gonna trade fps and vice-versa

but what about improved XSX hardware? It’s miles better than X1X and X1. XSX should do twice what oldies were doing very easily - why trade off resolution?

50 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

How does cdkeys work for xbox? Just buy and redeem on the store? Is it safe?

Keys do work since Xbox is not region locked but safety of those keys is questionable since a lot of time those are stolen one's. Though, I never had any issue with those keys.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The exclusive situation is nothing new. Everyone knows there's going to be drought for the first couple of years. 

Other than that, idk how every discussion derails into a 50k purchase not being justified? 

There will be a lot of products that don't make sense to you and its fine to not buy them. At this point, if you look at XSX and it doesn't give enough value to you, don't buy it. I didn't buy Xbox 360 or one or one x or wii or wiiU because it didn't appeal to me. 

I don't know why you should be puzzled by it making sense to someone else. People are different. 

All I am saying is that, this is the first time a console launch is riddled with talks about console games from past gen getting a boost. iirc PS4/Xbone didn't have it, PS3/360 didn't have it and PS2 didn't have it. Also when I said i can't justify it , i did mention "personally". I don't know why you are having difficulty in grasping it. If you can justify it, good for you but it shouldn't be puzzling for you to see a person who can't justify it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Also a big deal for people who don't want to get into the Neverending money pit of PC gaming. 

You don't really need a 1 lakh PC to run the same games at 1080/60

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't understand why people who have zero interest in getting an xbox feel the need to come to thread just to crap on it. 

Lot of things you can feel personally. Not necessary to type everything out. 

And how do you know what people have interest on? Not everyone who call out something they don't like are there to just crap on it.

Threads are not just to praise a product, it is there to discuss it's shortcomings too. And if we stop typing what we feel then this thread will only contain links to articles.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

And how do you know what people have interest on? Not everyone who call out something they don't like are there to just crap on it.

Threads are not just to praise a product, it is there to discuss it's shortcomings too. And if we stop typing what we feel then this thread will only contain links to articles.

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Also a big deal for people who don't want to get into the Neverending money pit of PC gaming. 

The money pit ends when you snap in the last piece of hardware to the motherboard. After that its up to you how little you want to spend on games, if at all :P

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

FPS boost is a big deal for games that are stuck on consoles. People are ready to pay money for Bloodborne 60fps patch :lol: 

console peasants…

we have tasted 60fps now And we aren’t going back..:dance:

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Your concern is the lack of exclusives which has been discussed to hell and back every 3 days. 

Second concern is people getting excited about games they like running better than they did previously. 

Am I getting this right? 

Nope, my point is if there were exclusives people wouldn't be this excited about the boosts. I don't have any issues on what people spend their money on. If something makes them happy, by all means indulge in it. But not everybody will think the same. That's all.

Don't want further posts no one wants to read so peace out.

Edited by b!T

1 hour ago, b!T said:

Quite the contrary when it comes to console launches. This is the first time console launches are supplemented by "boosts" rather than new games. It was never the way the world worked

Also what people find exciting, I agree with you. It's subjective I know. What I am saying is, I personally feel it's not enough to launch and justify a console purchase.

lol. dude, when I said that's how the world works, I was talking about people's choices and everyone liking and getting excited about different things. Why did you misquote it and made it about console launches?

Also, for a guy who doesn't want people to crap on others' excitement, you sure as hell didn't start on the right foot :lol:

2 hours ago, b!T said:

If I ever go into management, I would study under uncle Phil. The guy has got people excited over FPS and resolution boosts of previous gen games and not just that, he convinced people that its the best thing ever. I am not sure if it's a good thing or not but this gen is very weird. 

Now before people plaster a Pony sticker on my a*s, even PS5 has way less things going for it other than couple of exclusives. The talk of resolution and FPS is all what I hear now. I hope exclusives from both sides come sooner because as a person who just wants to play new games,  I can't wait to get back to it.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

but what about improved XSX hardware? It’s miles better than X1X and X1. XSX should do twice what oldies were doing very easily - why trade off resolution?

55 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yes exactly 

Something Which was 4k@30fps last gen 

can’t be put up in the “boost” catagory if it runs 1080p@60fps on next gen 

It should be given a silent option for ppl who want 

but shouldn’t be marketed under the “boost” list 

A good number of games that had an X1X patch and were running at 30fps have been boosted to 60fps on XSX. These games are not trading off resolution for higher frame rates. Take FH4 for instance, the old 4k 30fps mode is now running at 60fps. 

The games never got an X1X patch and are running on the base config with boosted fps.  Example: AC Unity

The games that had a 60fps mode already with good visuals are taking a hit on the resolution to scale to 120 fps. Example: Battlefield V

If you went in expecting a 900p game that never got an X1X patch to run at 4k, 60fps you are going to be disappointed. 

Edited by l33tmaniac