The Xbox Series X|S thread

Hollow Knight at 120Hz is just :wub:

I had no idea this was part of FPS boost. I started playing it half hour back and felt it was more responsive for whatever reason. I opened the Guide to respond to a message and there it was, + FPS BOOST.

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Only comparing coz of them being same genre 

& one of the first showcase on next gen platforms 

It’s not a jibe to either of the titles in anyway 

lol. Wow, just goes to show how little you know about the legacy of Psychonauts and why the next entry is a big deal (spoiler alert - its not for its graphical capabilities, unlike RnC). I dont know what made you think they belong to the same genre. But, if you are referring to them both being platformers, then that's like saying Hellblade and God of War are same genre because they both have 3rd person perspective. The concept of nuance is the key here. 

But seriously man, you need to take a break from visiting xbox thread. your comments feel like you are a bit perturbed. Relax a bit and let it go. Go to your happy places where you can see more positives than negatives. Such a constant pragmatic analysis of scams can't be good for your mental positivity. Unless, thats what makes you happy. In which case, troll away my good friend.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

Ok if that’s what you want, I’ll refrain from coming to this thread 

But one thing before leaving 

Reveal hidden contents

GoW & HellBlade do!!! belong to the same genre

Three exclamations...

Season 1 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

• Haha 3

On 5/6/2021 at 1:24 PM, gamer_adi said:

This is not a bc title! Is it?

More of a remaster and not an X360 BC title. But not built from ground up for this gen.

Edit: my bad. Assumed the OP was referring to X360 and not X1.

Edited by l33tmaniac

At The Coalition, we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible Gears of War games and the best possible game performance using cutting-edge tools like Unreal Engine. We wanted to update our fans on both of those things.

Thank you to all the fans out there who have been on this journey with us. During a worldwide pandemic and working from home, the team launched a first strategy title, Gears Tactics; re-launched Gears 5 and Tactics on Xbox Series X|S hardware with performance upgrades and features; revamped Gears 5 multiplayer with a ton of content and updates; and capped the year with the first mainline campaign expansion – Gears 5: Hivebusters – in almost a decade.

As we look to future games, we’re excited to start shifting our resources to next-gen development using Unreal Engine 5. Gears of Warhas always been at the front of Unreal Engine development – as a breakout 720p title for Xbox 360 through last year’s 120FPS multiplayer update for Xbox Series X|S – and we’re excited to continue that tradition by developing on UE5 for multiple new projects in the coming years.

What does this mean for our current titles?  

Gears 5 has content on the way, and we’ll continue to release new operations through Operations 7 and 8. Each Operation will have two drops including new characters, new maps, and special events. Through the end of the year, we will have store updates with exciting new content as well as featured playlists.

Shifting to a new engine is a big undertaking, so we want to be clear that we will not be announcing any new projects or titles for some time.

Last, our amazing team needs more exceptional professionals to help us continue to push the envelope, so, we’re hiring!

Thanks again to all of our fans. We’re eager to get to work and show you what we’re working on when the time is right.

The Coalition

Edited by Mysteryman

43 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I really appreciate getting a new console and having like 200 games to go with it. 

I love you, xbox. 

Game pass is pretty awesome. Mine is expiring soon, hope that trick works fine then.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I really appreciate getting a new console and having like 200 games to go with it. 

I love you, xbox. 

Mods, can this wretch be banned from the society outskirts too?