The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Bethesda had promised zero monetised content for Doom Eternal before they got acquired by MS (in March 2020).

Fast forward to April 2021, they add monetized cosmetic packs with the second dlc. 

I wonder if this is the model they'll take for future titles as well, just to break even/pressures to put games day one on GP. 

lol Bethesda is greedy enough on their own, they would've done it regardless.. The amount of failed promises and 180s with FO76 is legendary.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Bethesda had promised zero monetised content for Doom Eternal before they got acquired by MS (in March 2020).

Fast forward to April 2021, they add monetized cosmetic packs with the second dlc. 

I wonder if this is the model they'll take for future titles as well, just to break even/pressures to put games day one on GP. 

It's MS's headache now. Bethesda as a company no longer exists. It's just the name of a division within MS now. So see the words and trends of MS. Do games like Forza/Halo/Gears etc. have monetization models? If not, then most probably it will be the same here. 

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

It's MS's headache now. Bethesda as a company no longer exists. It's just the name of a division within MS now. So see the words and trends of MS. Do games like Forza/Halo/Gears etc. have monetization models? If not, then most probably it will be the same here. 

Apparently Halo infinite will be the last standalone halo title for a long time to come (maybe forever, so aptly named infinite!) 

Halo might get released as episodes after infinite. Kinda saddens me to be honest. But that shouldn't matter to hardcore GP fans though. 

Edited by radicaldude

30 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Do games like Forza/Halo/Gears etc. have monetization models? If not, then most probably it will be the same here. 

Forza has plenty of monetization. From collectibles to emotes to cosmetics to cars. 

They also have VIP thing while gives 2x rewards and more.  

23 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

And do you think Microsoft will be satisfied at 35-40 million? The thing about subscription services (as Netflix has found) is that the only way to keep momentum and grow is by keeping on getting new subscribers. The more subscribers they get, the more saturated their primary markets (US and Europe) become. And then they have to either raise subscription cost or expand into new markets to keep investing in it.

And expanding a game streaming/download service (that's currently only available on a limited number of platforms) isn't as easy as expanding an OTT service either. Getting to 35-40MM would mean doubling their current subscriber base, which is a tough ask considering how niche gaming is outside the US and EU.

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Weak storytelling. Most of it is just exposition and not super interesting. 

Yeah, it is indeed weak, which is quite disappointing considering how good the lore is.

Do check out the DLC and the sequel as well. The level design in the sequel especially is mind-blowing at times.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Gameplay is super fun as well. 

I used to consider myself an expert in dishonored gameplay until I watched videos like this :censored:

Edited by b!T
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Dishonored is such an amazing game, man. Holds up incredibly well even after a literal decade owing to its aesthetic. 

The levels are super intricate and if you go around exploring, you can spend hours just finding different ways across the map and doing hidden missions and what not. Gameplay is super fun as well. 

Few cons, which I guess are owing to its budget. 

Not a whole of variety in levels. I think first few missions were in the exact same area. 

Weak storytelling. Most of it is just exposition and not super interesting. 

Wonky controls for blink. Very easy to miss the mark while teleporting. 

All in all, I'd say its very much worth your time if you're looking for a unique game. I'm nearing the end and I'd give it a solid 7.7/10 in today's standards. Also, kadak 60 on XSX as far as I can tell. 

Is teleporting not precise? From what i remember, it was pretty good. Fun fact, i reached the very last level, and then had to travel, never came back to finish it, years later, it's still on my to do list -_-

Edited by gamer_adi

15 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, it is indeed weak, which is quite disappointing considering how good the lore is.

Do check out the DLC and the sequel as well. The level design in the sequel especially is mind-blowing at times.

Seen this yet? Worth a watch in case you haven't.

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy an Xbox Series S.

I have a few questions.

1. Does the 3 years xbox Gold to Ultimate Upgrade still work? How much will it cost? 

2. I had a PS4 (few years back). New to Xbox ecosystem. Will there be a way to set username or change username? (never used an Xbox before) Should I use my main email account or make a fresh one?

I found a deal at supertron electronics for 26K (new) and an olx deal at 29K (unopened).

20 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions.

1. Does the 3 years xbox Gold to Ultimate Upgrade still work? How much will it cost? 

2. I had a PS4 (few years back). New to Xbox ecosystem. Will there be a way to set username or change username? (never used an Xbox before) Should I use my main email account or make a fresh one?

I found a deal at supertron electronics for 26K (new) and an olx deal at 29K (unopened).

@Mr. Comingle help him

Supertron seems like a scam, avoid...Olx is a good deal if hand-hand

1 hour ago, Divu Mehta said:

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions.

The xbox gold to ultimate trick was working till 5 days back when i did it. Supertron seems like a scam, OLX if you can check and verify console face to face and can get then and there then you can go ahead and assess the deal. I also bought a PS4 used from OLX only but checked it personally before collecting and transferred money only after i was satisfied with the machine.

Just don't pay advance or transportation fee or something like that to someone to check the console, they are all scams (no money without product)

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Supertron is shady. Get it hand to hand or from a reputed store. 

I googled the place and I found it as a Kolkata based shop with Linkedin owner as well (whom I will ping to verify whether they are actually selling it). I was thinking to buy it using amex card so I can charge back easily if sh*t happens. 

Have you had an experience with this supertron team?

https://bikayi.com/supertron3MyT

1 hour ago, सिद्धार्थ said:

The xbox gold to ultimate trick was working till 5 days back when i did it. Supertron seems like a scam, OLX if you can check and verify console face to face and can get then and there then you can go ahead and assess the deal. I also bought a PS4 used from OLX only but checked it personally before collecting and transferred money only after i was satisfied with the machine.

Just don't pay advance or transportation fee or something like that to someone to check the console, they are all scams (no money without product)

Btw, how much money did you spentd

for gold to ultimate deal for 3 years? I mean landed cost of Gamepass for 3 years.

Thanks