The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 minutes ago, Divu Mehta said:

I googled the place and I found it as a Kolkata based shop with Linkedin owner as well (whom I will ping to verify whether they are actually selling it). I was thinking to buy it using amex card so I can charge back easily if sh*t happens. 

Have you had an experience with this supertron team?

https://bikayi.com/supertron3MyT

Looks super suspicious to me. They have newly launched PS5 games at almost 50% off how is that possible ? Some games are lower than pre-owned rates.

They even have PS5 in stock. :scratchchin: Be very careful...

• Thanks 1

Just now, SuperT said:

Looks super suspicious to me. They have newly launched PS5 games at almost 50% off how is that possible ? Some games are lower than pre-owned rates.

Yes,

Thinking to get it over olx. But I am doing some checks like pinging supertron electronics owner on LinkedIn etc. They are big deals in electronics stuff and will call amex also if they can help him if things go south. 

Just now, Divu Mehta said:

Yes,

Thinking to get it over olx. But I am doing some checks like pinging supertron electronics owner on LinkedIn etc. They are big deals in electronics stuff and will call amex also if they can help him if things go south. 

They also have a series x at 40k ? :eyebrow:  Damn! I would not deal with them. OLX only if it is a hand to hand deal.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SuperT said:

This looks like that SOUQ who scammed everyone and closed the website. Atleast that had a razorpay, this one only has COD so scam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Divu Mehta said:

Btw, how much money did you spentd

for gold to ultimate deal for 3 years? I mean landed cost of Gamepass for 3 years.

Thanks

Exact amount I need to check but it was around 7400 INR +/- 70 rs including the free trial for ultimate at end

Edited by सिद्धार्थ
spellings

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Not much of an upgrade over the G29/G920 (based on reviews), and you can get a G29 at almost half the price of a G923.

Also, Thrustmaster wheels are better than the Logitech ones and can be got at a lower price. Fanatec too, but I don't think those are sold here.

Logitech's wheels are gear-based. These are more basic, have weaker force feedback and are noisy. Thrustmaster's entry level models are also gear-based, but the ones that compete with the G29 and G923 use belt-drive technology, which are more responsive, have stronger force feedback and are quieter. The Thrustmaster T300 RS would be a much better choice over the G923.

Plus, the T300 and T500 are modular wheels and Thrustmaster sells different kinds of wheel rims that you can change based on the game. For example, there is an F1 style rim that you can use for playing F1 games. So it's an option for people who decide they want to get more serious about sim racing in the future. Thrustmaster also offers different levels of pedals depending on how hardcore you wanna go.

T300 is cheaper on Amazon too: https://www.amazon.in/Thrustmaster-T300-Racing-Wheel-PlayStation/dp/B01M1L2NRL/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=t300&qid=1621585995&sr=8-3

I keep considering getting a wheel and reading up on them, but just don't have the space for it :sadbye:

I wanna get a wheel too but these are specific to a console. Just waiting to see whether I will like GT7 or Forza 8 more to pull the plug.

Don't want to use any converter like xim or drivehub.

17 minutes ago, AnK said:

Thing is if money/profits really doesn’t matter 

then no one was stopping M$ from pulling apart the exclusivity deal between Sony & Bethesda WRT Deathloop & Ghostwire 

they could have easily paid up compensations to Sony & moved on simultaneous Multiplatform release  

They could have also easily stopped further enhancement support to PS versions of ESO & FO76 & made all future expansions exclusive to Xbox & PC 

But they didn’t do either of that for a reason 

Starfield is a game which was in development on all platforms long before this acquisition happened 

A lot of money & resources would have already been spent on PS4/5 development 

Scrapping that away would be as good as doing the things I listed above which they obviously didn’t despite having all the money in the world  to burn 

Todd Howard has categorically mentioned that for him it’s hard to imagine an exclusive release of any of the games he’s currently working on 

Maybe a timed exclusive on GamesPass before coming on PS 

but I don’t think Bathesda fans on PS should loose hope until Bethesda themselves confirm that it’s a lifetime exclusive

come e3 they should clear it & if they still don’t 

then it’s definitely coming to PS at some point  

:roflroll:

23 minutes ago, AnK said:

then no one was stopping M$ from pulling apart the exclusivity deal between Sony & Bethesda WRT Deathloop & Ghostwire 

they could have easily paid up compensations to Sony & moved on simultaneous Multiplatform release  

They could have also easily stopped further enhancement support to PS versions of ESO & FO76 & made all future expansions exclusive to Xbox & PC 

Starfield is a game which was in development on all platforms long before this acquisition happened 

Scrapping that away would be as good as doing the things I listed above which they obviously didn’t despite having all the money in the world  to burn 

Todd Howard has categorically mentioned that for him it’s hard to imagine an exclusive release of any of the games he’s currently working on 

but I don’t think Bathesda fans on PS should loose hope until Bethesda themselves confirm that it’s a lifetime exclusive

:console:

:rofl:

33 minutes ago, AnK said:

By that logic Sony should also be selling all there games on xbox.

Exclusives will force people to enter the ecosystem of MS. People will then spend on 3rd party games on MS platforms which will bring them recurring profits and it should make up for the loss of revenue on PS.

At least that's what I think will happen. I could be completely wrong.

20 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

This looks like that SOUQ who scammed everyone and closed the website. Atleast that had a razorpay, this one only has COD so scam

Is there any known info on souq scenario, did they actually pulled off the scam and went underground or did they got caught and buyers got refunds?

53 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

By that logic Sony should also be selling all there games on xbox.

Exclusives will force people to enter the ecosystem of MS. People will then spend on 3rd party games on MS platforms which will bring them recurring profits and it should make up for the loss of revenue on PS.

At least that's what I think will happen. I could be completely wrong.

This is what I expect also.

@AnK You're forgetting something. There is no such thing called as developing the PS version or the Xbox version. That died with the PS3 generation. Now, everything is developed only for and only on PC, that's it. Settings of the game are adjusted and locked on consoles and then sent to platform owners for certification.

There is only a PC version developed. There are also no true consoles in the market (other than Nintendo). The current "Consoles" are nothing but mini-PCs packed in funny shaped cabinets.

MS brought Bethesda. They will simply lock out the PS settings, not give it to Sony for certification, and finish it off with release on Xbox and Windows. That's what I would expect anyway.

As for your examples of FO76 and ESO, those are completely different. They are MMOs. They are in the same category as Minecraft, WoW or Genshin Impact. Community is the only reason those games survive. Also, people are not going to move over to another platform on MMOs, deleting years of their play-time to start over from scratch. Hence, they survive, and new expansions of those titles will also come on PS. But chances are, any new MMO (new IP) from now on will also be exclusive to Xbox/Windows.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Ufff ... the value in these posts :rofl:

• Haha 1

I don't know (yet) if Starfield would be xbox/pc exclusive (or not) but one thing is for sure, if it is, I expect a lot of micro transactions/episodic content down the line. Just like halo. 

Now how Bethesda would take it is anyone's guess. I personally feel they like to invest their energies in standalone ips. Maybe Todd Howard will quit in few years, who knows. This year's E3 will definitely unlock several secrets. 

Ps- I'm uber pissed at Bethesda though. They had promised 0 monetised content for doom eternal and now they stepped back from their promise, at the behest of who I wonder...

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

@roun90

I completely agree with you about MMO’s 

but it does end of the day imply that expecting ppl to buy new hardware isn’t really the most feasible path for things that have already been developed & invested in with a large demographic in mind 

As for PC being lead platforms (though only a developer truly knows this)

all the more reason why Sony could have been compensated by all legal means & Deathloop or Ghostwire could have been a simultaneous multiplatform release 

Or at least the 1 year long duration could have been eased as per the time taken to port the games on XB SDK’s 

But them going ahead & letting PS ride on two big time exclusives from their bandwagon specially when they themselves have been lynched for eternity now for not having quality exclusives 

tells a lot of things 

There is a cost/benefit to MS for Deathloop/Ghostwire as well. We don't know the terms of the contract, and how much money would have to be paid to Sony. But in my opinion, honoring the contract was the correct thing to do for MS. In my opinion, these are the immediate benefits MS got by upholding the contract -

1) In the start of a new generation, they immediately uplifted their image with the gamers, by showing themselves as "For the Gamers" and not just a corporate.

2) They got the money Sony paid for them to be timed exclusives. So these new IPs are not a risk to them.

3) They got a test market for new IPs. If these games are a flop, they will be forgotten, without much loss to MS since they got Sony's money. But if they succeed - the games will re-release in MS platforms 1 year down the line with a lot of extra content and fresh patches, making it the "Definitive" Edition. Plus, all future sequels will be exclusive to MS platforms. Plus all will be on GP Day 1. Essentially Sony themselves are advertising for MS. Not a bad deal at all, if you look at it.

It's just my opinion, but this was not a big loss to MS. These are low key new IPs with not much hype after all. The much hyped ones (Starfield) or existing major IPs (ES) will be exclusive.

Edited by roun90

11 minutes ago, roun90 said:

There is a cost/benefit to MS for Deathloop/Ghostwire as well. We don't know the terms of the contract, and how much money would have to be paid to Sony. But in my opinion, honoring the contract was the correct thing to do for MS. In my opinion, these are the immediate benefits MS got by upholding the contract -

1) In the start of a new generation, they immediately uplifted their image with the gamers, by showing themselves as "For the Gamers" and not just a corporate.

2) They got the money Sony paid for them to be timed exclusives. So these new IPs are not a risk to them.

3) They got a test market for new IPs. If these games are a flop, they will be forgotten, without much loss to MS since they got Sony's money. But if they succeed - the games will re-release in MS platforms 1 year down the line with a lot of extra content and fresh patches, making it the "Definitive" Edition. Plus, all future sequels will be exclusive to MS platforms. Plus all will be on GP Day 1. Essentially Sony themselves are advertising for MS. Not a bad deal at all, if you look at it.

It's just my opinion, but this was not a big loss to MS. These are low key new IPs with not much hype after all. The much hyped ones (Starfield) or existing major IPs (ES) will be exclusive.

Btw I wonder what triggered Phil Spencer to go from this

www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/xbox-boss-says-exclusives-are-counter-to-what-gaming-is-about-2706510%3famp

To this 

https://in.pcmag.com/games/141389/phil-spencer-confirms-some-bethesda-games-will-be-xbox-console-exclusives

:rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SkinTightTuna said:

Is there any known info on souq scenario, did they actually pulled off the scam and went underground or did they got caught and buyers got refunds?

No known info, some got refunds , some haven’t , check some of the Reddit threads people still update there