The Xbox Series X|S thread

25 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

It's not misleading one bit.

Has it really been 623 Days Since Xbox had its last AAA Exclusive Game? Yes.

Has it really been 5 years since Xbox had its last AAA New IP? Yes.

There's no new AAA exclusives, definitely no new ideas, no risks being taken with new IPs. MS has really deep pockets, they can afford to take risk making new IPs, things they can call their own.

And please don't change the topic, I never said those 2 games you mentioned are not active. As for PS, that attempt at comparing 'updates for a game' is similar to 2-3 different games just doesn't make any sense. Even if they're active and fun, that's no reason to stop making games and rely solely on existing/third party titles.

Well everyone knows about the limited 1st party AAA offering ,no denying that . There is a reason they have made these acquisitions in trying to rectify the problem ,everyone knows that game development takes time and with covid the situation has worsened. So expecting miracles and game drops instantly from them doesn't make sense .
We still have halo ,horizon 5 ,stalker ,crossfire etc slated for this year and hopefully some surprises as well.

Also with GP growing a million per month without any AAA ‘s they must be doing something right . Cant imagine what will happen these games start releasing.

Edited by triggr happy ss

30 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

It's not misleading one bit.

Has it really been 623 Days Since Xbox had its last AAA Exclusive Game? Yes.

Has it really been 5 years since Xbox had its last AAA New IP? Yes.

There's no new AAA exclusives, definitely no new ideas, no risks being taken with new IPs. MS has really deep pockets, they can afford to take risk making new IPs, things they can call their own.

And please don't change the topic, I never said those 2 games you mentioned are not active. As for PS, that attempt at comparing 'updates for a game' is similar to 2-3 different games just doesn't make any sense. Even if they're active and fun, that's no reason to stop making games and rely solely on existing/third party titles.

it would be 623.5 days now … update you post man ?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

Damn ! That’s a long time.  Doesn’t the medium count ? 

It's not AAA, more like AA/Indie.

19 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Well everyone knows about the limited 1st party AAA offering ,no denying that . There is a reason they have made these acquisitions in trying to rectify the problem ,everyone knows that game development takes time and with covid the situation has worsened. So expecting miracles and game drops instantly from them doesn't make sense .
We still have halo ,horizon 5 ,stalker ,crossfire etc slated for this year and hopefully some surprises as well.

Yes game development takes time, but other platforms have to deal with the same covid situation and yet Nintendo and Sony have been consistently pushing out excellent games, even risky ones like returnal. The Drought in xbox exclusive line up has been present since long before covid hit. Like you said, this seems to be changing, lots of titles coming out for Xbox, hope they turn out to be good.

No one is expecting or asked for an instant miracle. I responded to a fellow IVG'ians opinion with agreement and a fact, that's all. Glad you agree with it.

Update: I see you added the GP comment.

What is it with whataboutism?! I'm talking about one thing and GP has to be shoehorned into everything?!

GP is incredible value (especially when you consider day 1 exclusives), MS deserves absolute credit for that, been saying this since a year. But my post has nothing to do with that.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Yes game development takes time, but other platforms have to deal with the same covid situation and yet Nintendo and Sony have been consistently pushing out excellent games, even risky ones like returnal. The Drought in xbox exclusive line up has been present since long before covid hit. Like you said, this seems to be changing, lots of titles coming out for Xbox, hope they turn out to be good.

What Nintendo games are you talking about?

Sony has Returnal. what else?

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

What Nintendo games are you talking about?

Sony has Returnal. what else?

You’re asking in the last 623 days ? The ones I can think of 

Last of us 2

Ghost of Tsushima 

Miles Morales

Returnal

Demon Souls Remake 

FFVII

Bolded ones are since PS5 launch 

1 minute ago, RV1709 said:

You’re asking in the last 623 days ? The ones I can think of 

Last of us 2

Ghost of Tsushima 

Miles Morales

Returnal

Demon Souls Remake 

FFVII

Bolded ones are since PS5 launch 

Next gen only.

13 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Next gen only.

Demon Souls, Returnal, R and C, destruction all stars and Astros Playroom. 5 proper games in 7-8 months is superb, considering the times.

Edit: Welcome mate! I noticed your username only now! 

Edited by kmkaks
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

80 percent Nintendo games are exclusives. 

I know, which games they have released recently?

7 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Demon Souls, Returnal, R and C, destruction all stars and Astros Playroom. 5 proper games in 7-8 months is superb, considering the times.

Edit: Welcome mate! I noticed your username only now! 

Thanks. 

Sony has done decent, not spectacular. I think only Returnal is worth talking about. Rest stuff is similar to what you get when next gen starts.

MS also released Hivebusters, Medium etc. I don't talk about them. 

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Thanks. 

Sony has done decent, not spectacular. I think only Returnal is worth talking about. Rest stuff is similar to what you get when next gen starts.

Poke snap, bowsers fury, bravely default 2 to name a few. 

Switch is selling like hot pakodas for a reason.

Edited by radicaldude

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

Spider-Man MM & Horizon FW are as much a PS5 games as Halo or Starfield will be SX games 

So no point not counting them 

Cross gen games are fine. Next gen versions will be much better with them.

Just now, AnK said:

DLC is DLC 

Stand-alone Game is a Game 

If SM MM is DLC 

then So was AC Brotherhood,Far Cry Primal/NewDawn

Just because it’s cheaper & less in content doesn’t mean it’s a DLC 

Gears 5 Hivebusters will count too.

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Thanks. 

I cannot accept your arguement if you don't acknowledge demon souls!! No just no!! Demon Souls is better than any other launch game I know of! You must remember even breath of the wild was cross gen.

You must note 4 out of the 5 mentioned games are first party developed/IPs. Don't know how much more you can expect.

• Like 1