The Xbox Series X|S thread

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Tbh the first game nailed the pilot vs titan game where you on foot could be a real nuisance to titan players, while titans could kill you in one hit if caught in the open. TF2 is too lopsided in favour of titans so it doesn't feel like epic battle between titan and pilots.

+ i liked Multiplayer in 1st TF more than TF2

23 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

xbox online integration with free unlimited cloud save and smart delivery is miles ahead of ps 

Practically, I don’t think anyone who has a console doesn’t have internet 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

well that video was worrying, especially the Digital purchases not launching part! I panicked and tried the following games offline and they all worked - AC Unity (owned game), Dirt 5 (gamepass), and Fifa 21 (gamepass) and they worked. What is he talking about, any idea?

17 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

xbox online integration with free unlimited cloud save and smart delivery is miles ahead of ps 

Features dont really matter to be honest ,nintendo with the switch has taught us that its all about the exclusives.

Edited by triggr happy ss

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

It's not about having an internet connection (or not), it's about complete ownership of the games you have purchased and not being dependent on the internet for playing them. What if someday MS decides to take few of the purchased games down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

well that video was worrying, especially the Digital purchases not launching part! I panicked and tried the following games offline and they all worked - AC Unity (owned game), Dirt 5 (gamepass), and Fifa 21 (gamepass) and they worked. What is he talking about, any idea?

How did the gamepass games work offline? Check your internet connection again???

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

How did the gamepass games work offline? Check your internet connection again???

Gamepass games works offline just fine, you should have marked HOME Xbox on your ID. Even Disc games work just fine I was playing AC Unity disc for so long without worry of being online...

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I did. still works. 

PXL-20210524-134057540.jpg

Edit: Switched off the Xbox and restarted. Still works.

What shall be done to replicate this error?

Edited by WhatsInTheName
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

I did. still works. 

PXL-20210524-134057540.jpg

Edit: Switched off the Xbox and restarted. Still works.

What shall be done to replicate this error?

I think they have a weekly check or something. Don't connect the system to the internet for few days and check. 

47 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Features dont really matter to be honest ,nintendo with the switch has taught us that its all about the exclusives.

xbox - no need to worry or think about which edition you are playing. It will always be the right edition without doing anything  (series X enhanced)

ps - I’ve seen people play ps4 version of the game on ps5 when ps5 enhanced version was available ?

xbox - free unlimited cloud saves, peaceful automatic migration from old consoles to series consoles 

ps - to migrate saves a butt ton of steps (see Avengers Twitter thread of saves migration) are required offline and online saves are behind a paywall and even after paying, saves are limited in number and not all saves are uploaded to cloud 

big difference 

Edited by 0verlord

21 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I think they have a weekly check or something. Don't connect the system to the internet for few days and check. 

lol. meh, too much work. I would, if I was team MVG. But, am team IVG. Need dat MP sesh with da GP gang.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

xbox - no need to worry or think about which edition you are playing. It will always be the right edition without doing anything  (series X enhanced)

ps - I’ve seen people play ps4 version of the game on ps5 when ps5 enhanced version was available ?

xbox - free unlimited cloud saves, peaceful automatic migration from old consoles to series consoles 

ps - to migrate saves a butt ton of steps (see Avengers Twitter thread of saves migration) are required offline and online saves are behind a paywall and even after paying, saves are limited in number and not all saves are uploaded to cloud 

big difference 

So freaking true. I already shared this somewhere else, but posting again - I was able to continue my save of RDR that I started in X360 on the X1X and then on the XSX. 

• Like 1

Just now, l33tmaniac said:

So freaking true. I already shared this somewhere else, but posting again - I was able to continue my save of RDR that I started in X360 on the X1X and then on the XSX. 

https://in.ign.com/xbox-series-x/159273/news/xbox-series-x-drm-offline-games

Even IGN india has picked up the news. Interesting...

I faced the same error a few days when didnt have an internet connection for a day. My XSX didn't want to boot up any game when it was offline in that day.

• Like 1

Quoting the article 

"

He tried games off a disc like Rise of the Tomb Raider as well as Hitman 3 and both refused to work offline. While Microsoft recommends keeping your Xbox Series X as your ‘Home Console’ in its settings, it’s a solution that’s described as a ‘band-aid’ as it doesn’t seem to work with every game as it should.

Native Xbox Series X physical games like Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition work fine. It installed off the disc and ran as it should offline. This should in theory mean that games that are solely for the Xbox Series X should work both offline and online. However with Microsoft’s focus on Smart Delivery, it means that the current crop of Xbox Series X discs that run on Xbox One as well are essentially coasters"

Tl dr- all games don't work offline. Some do, others dont. 

While I understand the criticism regarding not being able to play games offline, I really think it doesn't matter.

We are moving towards a world where staying online is essentially becoming ubiquitous. And with the emergence of cloud services for everything, taking down servers argument is only as legit as not finding spare parts for a defective piece of hardware. Both can happen. But the possibility of them happening is tied to demand. 

• Like 1