The Xbox Series X|S thread

5 hours ago, AnK said:

It would be a real charm to play Gears Trilogy in upgraded 60fps 

& I think it’s completely possible too technically 

Someone should really ping them on social media 

they are pretty community friendly in these regards & might give good response 

I remember when me and my Friend imported XBOX 360. Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War were the only early games and boy, we played that game for almost 6 months on co-op mode on a 29inch Flat-screen TV. I cannot image reliving that moment with 60 FPS on an OLED TV (which I dont have yet). 

Cliff Bleszinski - Mastermind behind the Game and I think once he left, Gears lost its charm. I have not played Gears 4 and Gear 5 so cannot say if they are as good as the Gear 1/2/3.

1 hour ago, Swunkjyn said:

I cannot image reliving that moment with 60 FPS on an OLED

4k@60fps if teamXbox toggle the FPS boost on this one 

Gears Ultimate (First Part) also has high res textures remastered for XBone/X 

Gears of War was definitely the best thing to happen to Xbox brand 

CliffyB was a genius 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

4k@60fps if teamXbox toggle the FPS boost on this one 

Gears Ultimate (First Part) also has high res textures remastered for XBone/X 

Gears of War was definitely the best thing to happen to Xbox brand 

CliffyB was a genius 

PS has - Spiderman | God of War | Last of US | Uncharted and Microsoft used to have Gears of War and Halo as their prime games but this generation, they have changed the focus on just acquiring Game studios so that they will develop only for MS. Other than God of War, Gears 1, 2 and 3 are the only other games that I have completed in every difficulty mode.

Got a great hack to use Xcloud in India 

Connect to VPN 

Open gamepass app

Select the game you want to play 

Once the game starts disconnect VPN (so that you can go back to your normal internet speed)

Been playing all day on my phone, Xcloud is not flawless but works great with my 100mbps connection.

Just love how easy it is to jump back into games between Xbox and phone.

Really think 4-5 years down the line cloud gaming will be the real deal

Edited by armaan
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, armaan said:

Got a great hack to use Xcloud in India 

Connect to VPN 

Open gamepass app

Select the game you want to play 

Once the game starts disconnect VPN (so that you can go back to your normal internet speed)

Been playing all day on my phone, Xcloud is not flawless but works great with my 100mbps connection.

Just love how easy it is to jump back into games between Xbox and phone.

Really think 4-5 years down the line cloud gaming will be the real deal

It does work and I have tried this out in past but it is damn laggy and textures look bad. I'm on a 250 Mbps connection here

17 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I had recently tried it as well on 150 Mbps plan jiofibre.  There was minimal lag but textures looked bad .

Yep same. The steaming seems pixelated (not too bad) and the lag a bit more than expected but it works for casual games.

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Do we have a data center in india? Where are you guys connecting to?

I switched the region to UK. No guarantees it was connecting to UK but it was working decent.

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Karan check this out ,this is next level :O

i have been playing halo 5 the wrong way all these years .

Yeah, I've seen this. These movements take so much skill and map knowhow. I have to get back to some H5 soon. Whenever I do, it'll look nothing like this video. I'll be a turtle missing every jump and clamber. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

I had recently tried it as well on 150 Mbps plan jiofibre.  There was minimal lag but textures looked bad .

same here. Used the VPN "hack" - connect VPN to launch, then disconnect for playing. Connected to US server, But, the resolution was abysmal. Even on the phone display, 1080 looked like 240. Then tried with Korea server and the resolution was much better. Played Dirt 5, Streets of Rage and Yakuza 7. SOR was bad. Dirt 5 and Yakuza 7 held constant 60 fps but the resolution kept shuttling. On small screen, it was still decent. Lag was manageable with Dirt 5 and Yakuza 7 because of the type of games these are.

Overall, there is promise here. If they set up blades in India, GPU subscribers will be in for a treat. Nothing like jumping in for a quick race during tea break without needing to fire up the console or launch game on PC.

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Yeah, I've seen this. These movements take so much skill and map knowhow. I have to get back to some H5 soon. Whenever I do, it'll look nothing like this video. I'll be a turtle missing every jump and clamber. :lol:

TF2 in Halo, @quixote_1989 Guess we are already pwned 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

TF2 in Halo, @quixote_1989 Guess we are already pwned 

Dude, we're all always playing on the ground in TF2. Wall movement is an invitation to death. :P

PS - Jumps and clamber in H5 (as shown in the video above) take pro-level skill to do. There's no way anyone of us is doing that anytime soon.

2 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

same here. Used the VPN "hack" - connect VPN to launch, then disconnect for playing. Connected to US server, But, the resolution was abysmal. Even on the phone display, 1080 looked like 240. Then tried with Korea server and the resolution was much better. Played Dirt 5, Streets of Rage and Yakuza 7. SOR was bad. Dirt 5 and Yakuza 7 held constant 60 fps but the resolution kept shuttling. On small screen, it was still decent. Lag was manageable with Dirt 5 and Yakuza 7 because of the type of games these are.

Overall, there is promise here. If they set up blades in India, GPU subscribers will be in for a treat. Nothing like jumping in for a quick race during tea break without needing to fire up the console or launch game on PC.

Yeah there's a big opportunity here if done right. 

Pretty playable for me with minimal lag

It's so convenient to try new games as it requires no download 

My analog stick broke right before recording this video lol

Edited by armaan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

It does work and I have tried this out in past but it is damn laggy and textures look bad. I'm on a 250 Mbps connection here

Changing wifi to 5Ghz made textures better with minimal to no lag