The Xbox Series X|S thread

8 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Xbox has smart delivery, if you buy an Xbox one version of the game, it gets upgraded to the series X version for free. Much better practice than making you pay extra for playing it on the latest console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for all games.

Ps- Some Devs give free upgrades across all platforms. 

Pps- sony has also released 60fps patches for PS4 games that run via BC

Edited by radicaldude

2 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Xbox has smart delivery, if you buy an Xbox one version of the game, it gets upgraded to the series X version for free. Much better practice than making you pay extra for playing it on the latest console.

Smart Delivery is not the same as free upgrades. 

The upgrade path is defined by the developers.  

If the upgrade path is locked behind a paywall, you still have to pay for it and smart delivery doesn’t help. 

For example - Control Ultimate edition.

Smart Delivery deals with the confusion that surrounds this process of upgrading to next gen version by automatically letting you download only the best version. 

It’s still one of the best features on Xbox. 

• Like 4

Not for all games.

Ps- Some Devs give free upgrades across all platforms. 

Pps- sony has also released 60fps patches for PS4 games that run via BC

All xbox first party titles will support smart delivery, I quoted a post about Ghost of Tshushima, a first party Sony game.

I’m well aware of the 60fps patches but the conversation was about Ghost of Tshushima director’s cut.

Xbox had like a total of three games that they could have upgraded (one of them being a live service game which needs upgrade for sustainability)& in the kind of state they were in they thought it’s better of to give it for free for goodwill as there was not much money to be made 

So comparing M$ non existent first party with other publisher’s isn’t right 

Also Bethesda games released & upgrades announced prior to acquisition don’t count as their content 

So please……

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't the point but ok.

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Don’t try it,it’ll spin 2-3 times within minutes 

& when we will reply to the new point being made it’ll be called out as bait argument 

We should just stop I think 

just no point 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

All xbox first party titles will support smart delivery, I quoted a post about Ghost of Tshushima, a first party Sony game.

I’m well aware of the 60fps patches but the conversation was about Ghost of Tshushima director’s cut.

What's common in these three games

Halo CE-> halo ce anniversary -> halo master chief collection. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Renting is not an alternative to buying games. You can also rent PS5 games for 500rs a month in India, doesn't make 5k pricing any less stupid. Maybe the Xbox fanbase has totally given up on the idea of content ownership because "best deal in gaming" but millions of people still want to buy their games, on disk if possible, and not be a tied to monthly sub. Its not that hard to understand.

Personally I have actually given up on that idea. Maybe I'll feel differently in the future when nostalgia kicks in but I have rarely gone back to play a game that I have ownership of in the last couple of years. I just have PS & XBOX discs collecting dust in a cabinet which I barely even open up anymore.

I'd rather pay something reasonable for a subscription which keeps refreshing it's library or buy it digitally while on sale and download it whenever I want than have a physical collection of games that I rarely look at.

Not saying this is the best, but it works nicely for me at this point in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Renting is not an alternative to buying games. You can also rent PS5 games for 500rs a month in India, doesn't make 5k pricing any less stupid. Maybe the Xbox fanbase has totally given up on the idea of content ownership because "best deal in gaming" but millions of people still want to buy their games, on disk if possible, and not be a tied to monthly sub. Its not that hard to understand.

Personally I find this hilarious that the entire green gang descended upon GOT for $10 upgrade, and now either silent about the retarded physical pricing of Xbox discs, or downright defending it. You love to see it :lol: 

Hi , i want to rent ps5 games . That’ll be awesome !! Could you please point me in the right direction ?

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Maybe the Xbox fanbase has totally given up on the idea of content ownership because "best deal in gaming" but millions of people still want to buy their games, on disk if possible, and not be a tied to monthly sub. Its not that hard to understand.

if we think about ourselves i.e. India

PS/Xbox discs - in India and TP itself - 1 disc being used by many many people. Devs get paid once at the initial disc sale. Also, how many disc gamers actually keep the discs they own? A minuscule fraction. Disc ownership doesn't seem to be a strong argument.

Gamepass - although there's no ownership, everyone who plays the game pays the devs directly

which one is better?

Edited by Panopticon

17 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

PS/Xbox discs - in India and TP itself - 1 disc being used by many many people. Devs get paid once at the initial disc sale

Gamepass - although there's no ownership, everyone who plays the game pays the devs directly

which one is better?

Gamepass obviously.

Not to mention, you no longer have a backlog, no longer feel compelled to play a game just cause you bought it.

You have a freedom to choose and download depending on your mood.

36 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

Hi , i want to rent ps5 games . That’ll be awesome !! Could you please point me in the right direction ?

Check PM.

25 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

PS/Xbox discs - in India and TP itself - 1 disc being used by many many people. Devs get paid once at the initial disc sale

which one is better?

Wait you pay directly to developers? Like via Paypal or Directpay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

which one is better?

If this was the case, then all Devs would launch their games day one on gamepass. 

Secondly, ps brand is driving sales of few franchises. Example(s)- Re village and Scarlett Nexus. 

This rental model is actually hurting sales of games targeted at a niche audience on the xbox platform. People wait for the game to launch on GP, thus not buying anything from the Xbox store. 

Some Devs after earning millions by launching games on both platforms, eventually bring their games to the GP. 

Ps- I'm sure they (sony) factor in resales while pricing their games. Hence it doesn't hurt them as much, as you think it does. 

Pps- why did xbox indie exclusive deaths door not launch on GP? 

Edited by radicaldude

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Check PM.

Wait you pay directly to developers? Like via Paypal or Directpay?

Such a stupid thing to say , as if Ms forces them at gunpoint at puts the game in GP without there knowledge. 

Not to forget you besides the money they get from MS there is also the option to buy those games from the store.

Edited by triggr happy ss

15 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Such a stupid thing to say , as if Ms forces them at gunpoint at puts the game in GP without there knowledge. 

Not to forget you besides the money they get from MS there is also the option to buy those games from the store.

The "option to buy" is what we were talking about, but then people keep ignoring the shitty price and go tangent with smart delivery and how developer friendly Lord Spencer is :rofl: 

Honestly the amount of backflipping circus to defend six thousand rupee physical games is blowing my mind :lol: 

"You don't have to buy them"

"Look at these other games with smart delivery"

"Its developer friendly to rent games"

What? :rofl: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It kinda was, people like me weren’t happy with the fact that Sony was charging an extra $10 for ps5 upgrade. Smart delivery ensures that you get the best version without paying extra. It’s something that should be adopted by everyone moving forward. Imagine making a customer pay more because he actually upgraded to your latest product.

Also, it’s funny how people pick sides in consoles wars and fail to accept good decisions made by either Sony or Microsoft. As someone that owns both a Series X and PS5, I would hope that both companies keep each other on their toes which would ultimately benefit the customers.

25 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

It kinda was, people like me weren’t happy with the fact that Sony was charging an extra $10 for ps5 upgrade. Smart delivery ensures that you get the best version without paying extra. It’s something that should be adopted by everyone moving forward. Imagine making a customer pay more because he actually upgraded to your latest product.

OK, I'm confused.

Could you please tell me what games you got free upgrades though Smart Delivery?

I thought PS5 charged for extra content and not for only fps unlock. 

Edited by gecko89

6 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

OK, I'm confused.

Could you please tell me what games you got free upgrades though Smart Delivery?

Smart delivery = free upgrades from ps4 to ps5. Literally every 3rd party dev that has done that on xbox did it for ps5. 

OK, I'm confused.

Mostly, a lot of games have provided free upgrades for both ps5 and Series S/X. Only one I can think of is that Greedfall next gen upgrade is free on Series X through gamepass and the ps plus version claimed on PS4 is not eligible for free ps5 upgrade.

15 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Smart delivery = free upgrades from ps4 to ps5. Literally every 3rd party dev that has done that on xbox did it for ps5. 

12 minutes ago, iam said:

Smart delivery is just an option which allows devs to just have a single sku across generations and remove some of the complications that PS has for cross gen stuff. 

It doesn't actually force devs to give next gen free. For eg- control wasn't free for next gen, NBA gave only last gen version on GP. 

It's a QoL feature for third party games nothing else. However, it's MS's commitment to give free upgrades for first party games which is nice and should be the standard. Also, the BC initiatives like fps boost and auto hdr are pretty sweet. 

10 minutes ago, Kenzooru said:

Mostly, a lot of games have provided free upgrades for both ps5 and Series S/X. Only one I can think of is that Greedfall next gen upgrade is free on Series X through gamepass and the ps plus version claimed on PS4 is not eligible for free ps5 upgrade.

Thank you, so basically it makes things convenient - Quality of Life feature. Agreed its a good initiative.

Better than leaving it up to the user to make sure he/she has the right version.

I still don't get the PS charging extra argument though, comparison to this seems odd.