The Xbox Series X|S thread

Long time xbox users, how do you manage the battery in your controller? Use AAA? rechargeable cells? rechargeable kit? or just play wired?

I am gonna play only with PC and owning the series x controller for the first time. It gives me the creeps to think about changing AAA battery every few days. Not because of money but because of wastage! I am thinking how much battery cells people must have thrown just because after few hours of gaming! That charge kit thing seems to be out of stock and I am not sure how much it costs.

This has to be the most retarded thing M$ has ever done and it's even more retarded in 2021 (or 2020 when they had the opportunity to use rechargeable battery). Anyway, I guess I am gonna be joining this wastage fest. Only want to know what you guys use. There are lots of rechargeable cells online, how long do they last and is it recommend for the controller?

34 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Long time xbox users, how do you manage the battery in your controller? Use AAA? rechargeable cells? rechargeable kit? or just play wired?

I am gonna play only with PC and owning the series x controller for the first time. It gives me the creeps to think about changing AAA battery every few days. Not because of money but because of wastage! I am thinking how much battery cells people must have thrown just because after few hours of gaming! That charge kit thing seems to be out of stock and I am not sure how much it costs.

This has to be the most retarded thing M$ has ever done and it's even more retarded in 2021 (or 2020 when they had the opportunity to use rechargeable battery). Anyway, I guess I am gonna be joining this wastage fest. Only want to know what you guys use. There are lots of rechargeable cells online, how long do they last and is it recommend for the controller?

Eneloop pro do ladkey ko.

Panasonic eneloop Pro AA Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery with 2550 mAh Capacity - Pack of 4 - BK-3HCCE/4BN https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00JHKSL28/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_3A4F0A6YRN1YN7JA0NHX

Get battery charger as well 

Panasonic Battery Eneloop 2100 Mah AA Battery + Advanced Battery Charger https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Z4JYJ86/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_7856BHAKG9BASVPHMTYN

Edited by WhiteWolf

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

Play and charge kit costs 3k. But its a better option cause if you run low on battery you can connect the controller via usb port. With eneloops, if you run low you can't charge them  connected on usb.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Play and charge kit costs 3k. But its a better option cause if you run low on battery you can connect the controller via usb port. With eneloops, if you run low you can't charge them  connected on usb.

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

Get 4 rechargeable batteries and a charger. 

Whenever a pair dies, replace it with charged pair. Overnight recharge depleted ones for use when current pair dies.

Play and charge kit will work better if you sit close to your console. 

I prefer 4 rechargeable batteries option.

Get atleast 1000mah option. 2500 mah will last you 30 hrs or so.

I accidentally purchased Eveready 700 mah ones since it gave exceptional battery life with 360 controller. With new controller it lasts 7-10 hrs max.

Edited by Vaibhavp

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

Buy elite controller. It comes with internal rechargeable battery. :)

• Haha 3

Sold my Xbox Series S couple of months back, thought I will buy Series X but thankfully due to non-availability of stock, I had time to give this a proper thought.

I have GamePass Ultimate till Dec 2022 which I can use on my quite capable PC, hence no more Xbox for me. Gaming has gotten more  expensive and game-time has reduced as well, I guess growing old does that. The PS5 and PC will have to do. Not sure if I will be able to do the GamePass trick without physical console when it runs out at the end of 2022, so that'll have to stop too.

Really loved Series S for what it offered for the price and it was a big change upgrading from original Xbox One.

9 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Sold my Xbox Series S couple of months back, thought I will buy Series X but thankfully due to non-availability of stock, I had time to give this a proper thought.

I have GamePass Ultimate till Dec 2022 which I can use on my quite capable PC, hence no more Xbox for me. Gaming has gotten more  expensive and game-time has reduced as well, I guess growing old does that. The PS5 and PC will have to do. Not sure if I will be able to do the GamePass trick without physical console when it runs out at the end of 2022, so that'll have to stop too.

Really loved Series S for what it offered for the price and it was a big change upgrading from original Xbox One.

gamepass PC and Gamepass Xbox libraries are quite different 

6 minutes ago, Aercy said:

You can do gold to gamepass conversion without console. I did that on pc by logging into MS account and found it to be much easier than doing on console.

You really don't need a xbox console if you have a pc. 

I also play on series s. Enjoy playing on it. It is my main system for this gen. 

26 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Gamepass PC library has less AAA games than the Xbox console version tho.

If you already have a PC though then no need for some xbox :cheers:

1 hour ago, Aercy said:

Gaming has gotten more  expensive and game-time has reduced as well, I guess growing old does that. The PS5 and PC will have to do. Not sure if I will be able to do the GamePass trick without physical console when it runs out at the end of 2022, so that'll have to stop too.

Yeah no point buying a console if you don't have time to use it . Growing old indeed does that . 

Also PC is a great option as well . And when MS launches xcloud officially in India (don't know when but hoping they do) then you can play all next gen games via xcloud as well . 

Honestly no idea how long MS will let Gamepass trick work but yeah like Vaibhav said you can do it via PC too . 

Thanks for all the prompt reply guys. I guess I'll just buy eneloop batteries with charger. 

Lol @ buy elite controller :lol:  I bought a 3 months old xbox series X controller from IVG itself for 4k because I'll only be playing it on PC and now I have to shell 2k extra for stupid M$ decision to not put rechargeable batteries :rant:

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Lol @ buy elite controller :lol:  I bought a 3 months old xbox series X controller from IVG itself for 4k because I'll only be playing it on PC and now I have to shell 2k extra for stupid M$ decision to not put rechargeable batteries :rant:

Should have got this for 4.5k new. Puts the std xbox controller to shame. 

https://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-plus/

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Thanks for all the prompt reply guys. I guess I'll just buy eneloop batteries with charger. 

Why spend 2k ? You can easily play wired as well. 

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Should have got this for 4.5k new. Puts the std xbox controller to shame. 

https://www.8bitdo.com/sn30-pro-plus/

lel

9 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Why spend 2k ? You can easily play wired as well. 

Want to play on my TV instead of monitor. I prefer KB+Mouse for usually everything but it has its limitations. Like almost all wireless keyboards have noticeable lag unlike controller. Not sure why PC industry never focused on that, or maybe there are some super expensive keyboards which are lag free but don't spend that much.  

Games like NiOh are best played with Controller and they are already in my library, just want to maximize my experience by playing it on 55 inch tv instead.