The Xbox Series X|S thread

7 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Totally. Both XSX and PS5 make more sense now than they ever did in the past. You are looking at a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 2060/2070 combination if you want to match the console specs and these two alone will easily set you back by 70-80k.

I might be in the minority here but a PC takes quite a bit of space as well. For someone who just wants to game, XSX + PS5 on your TV Console and a laptop for the rest of the needs is a great setup.

Obviously, doesn't include people who want to play at max settings.

15 hours ago, AnK said:

Some jack*** is going to show up sooner or later & make him fall into deeper discussions 

13 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

If someone is being very practical, a single ps5 is the only machine you need for gaming. It has arguably almost everything that a gamer could ask 

17 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I might be in the minority here but a PC takes quite a bit of space as well. For someone who just wants to game, XSX + PS5 on your TV Console and a laptop for the rest of the needs is a great setup.

You can go for an ITX build to reduce the footprint. There are ways to building a small PC that can roughly match the footprint of a PS5 and still be way more powerful. But you'll have to shell a decent amount on cooling and the right case. I am not a big fan of laptops for gaming because of thermal constraints, throttling and non upgradeability of parts. 

With Steam's big picture mode, it's fairly easy to play on the big screen. Not as intuitive as consoles, but it's getting there. PC navigation only using gamepad would be a god-send for living room setups. 

If someone is being very practical, a single ps5 is the only machine you need for gaming. It has arguably almost everything that a gamer could ask 

By that logic, a PC is the only gaming machine that you'd ever need. It's your preference, and others have their own. This is just baiting. 

22 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

You can go for an ITX build to reduce the footprint. There are ways to building a small PC that can roughly match the footprint of a PS5 and still be way more powerful. But you'll have to shell a decent amount on cooling and the right case. I am not a big fan of laptops for gaming because of thermal constraints, throttling and non upgradeability of parts. 

With Steam's big picture mode, it's fairly easy to play on the big screen. Not as intuitive as consoles, but it's getting there. PC navigation only using gamepad would be a god-send for living room setups. 

By that logic, a PC is the only gaming machine that you'd ever need. It's your preference, and others have their own. This is just baiting. 

sorry sorry 

wasn’t meant as a bait and also didn’t realize this wasn’t psvsxbox thread

practically as in ps5 (and ps4) happen to have a lot of very good exclusives and 3rd party games and a good disc ecosystem in India, so if anyone wants to pull a single trigger on something, it should be ps5 (within a reasonable budget also)

it’s a general observation, no need for console wars please

all machines are pretty good 

Edited by 0verlord

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Not necessarily. Look up small form factor builds, 8L and up. You can build some crazy compact systems if you pick the right parts.

With laptops these days becoming more powerful and cheaper. One can go for a good gaming laptop to save space. Laptops around 1L can run almost all games at high settings.

My current laptop which has 1050Ti can run pre 2018 games at high to ultra and recent games at mid settings at more around 30-60 fps which is already better than consoles. Imagine a 3060 or 3070 laptop.

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

There's this app on steam called Controller Companion, which I use occasionally. Though far from perfect, it's still pretty decent (and cheap) for PC navigation.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Totally. Both XSX and PS5 make more sense now than they ever did in the past. You are looking at a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 2060/2070 combination if you want to match the console specs and these two alone will easily set you back by 70-80k.

Almost matches my config. R5 3600 + RTX 2070 Super with an unnecessary 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200MHz RAM :P

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Yes it's potato, but the UI is getting an upgrade with the new steam deck release supposedly

Only flaws now is that the BP UI looks dated and is very slow.

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

With laptops these days becoming more powerful and cheaper. One can go for a good gaming laptop to save space. Laptops around 1L can run almost all games at high settings.

My current laptop which has 1050Ti can run pre 2018 games at high to ultra and recent games at mid settings at more around 30-60 fps which is already better than consoles. Imagine a 3060 or 3070 laptop.

Im loving my Victus which got at real good price. Max 60fps in every game.

RTX 3060 laptop is quite good. Absolutely amazing job by Nvidia with RTX series in general 

Gear 5 multiplayer comedy from session yesterday :rofl:

featuring

me -  as Swarm - a n00b player who doesn't know which button to press

@Vaibhavp - as Kait

Eliminaaator - as Sarah Conner - a pro player

guest appearance by @Assassins Creed and @TRMNTR and @El Tigre Chino

Edited by 0verlord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gear 5 multiplayer comedy from session yesterday :rofl:

featuring

me -  as Swarm - a n00b player who doesn't know which button to press

@Vaibhavp - as Kait

Eliminaaator - as Sarah Conner - a pro player

guest appearance by @Assassins Creed and @TRMNTR and @El Tigre Chino

WTF.

I thought it would be chainsaw attack.

That thing sucks. 

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I ran around @quixote_1989 reloading my gun instead of chainsawing him because I confused my bumpers up ?

Gears MP is good fun though. We discovered a Dodgeball mode after you dropped off I think. Super quick and intense.

Yes Dodgeball is intense and tight, puts pressure on team mates to survive, Great climax yesterday from you on recovery..

52 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I still don't know how to chainsaw though. :ranting:

lol, I did like 5-10 chainsaws 

once, I did 2 back-to-back chainsaws and then immediately, CJ chainsawed me - a triple chainsaw. I thought I captured the clip but not found later ?

I also won 2 chainsaw battles with Skd  I think, B mashing ?