The Xbox Series X|S thread

49 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

Just quick resumed back into The Artful Escape after a week. :)

I guess you appreciate things more after visiting the sh*t that is PS vs Xbox thread.

Quick Resume is one feature which doesn't even need marketing. There is something just blissful about getting into a game you played 10 days ago in an instant at the exact same point. 

Another feature which Xbox marketed a lot and was, to be fair, a bit gimmicky - "Smart Delivery". But, then Sony came to the rescue and with its convoluted "upgrade path" antics turned Smart Delivery into something worth talking about.

3 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

That's a thing? Or did you mean game update? Because I don't remember facing any issue after a console update. 

I ve seen my quick resume suspensions killed if my console got updated over night. Not 100% sure if its a thing.

2 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

I ve seen my quick resume suspensions killed if my console got updated over night. Not 100% sure if its a thing.

I remember booting Gears last week and it QRed just fine. This was after the last update. They did fix a couple of issues with QR some months back though. 

Looks like this game also got rebooted (like everwild) with CD now the lead dev and initiative just a support studio. Good news is that CD will atleast deliver a competent product in quick time. 

I actually heard about this news a few weeks back where my source said CD is working on ip of a platform holder. Always assumed it to be uncharted as ND don't want to work on it, sony won't abandon it & CD were a perfect fit. Even posted about it just before the ps showcase event. :lol:

• Like 1

Holly sh*t 4 years after announcing a new development they decide to side line the whole studio & outsourcing development :rofl: 

How many times the same sh*t gona happen within M$ studios :lol: 

But but but…..

14 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

It is shocking for a company with a “for the players“ slogan ,specially when other smaller publishers are doing a much better job. 

Anyways dont want to start another useless discussion .

Much performance so better…..

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AnK said:

Holly sh*t 4 years after announcing a new development they decide to side line the whole studio & outsourcing development :rofl: 

But but but…..

Well they have always stated they want to be small and agile . Its a 70 odd people studio and outsourcing work is nothing new ,All big studios and publishers do it for AAA games.

Its good to see them go with a big and known studio like crystal . Darrel Gallagher also has a previous relationship with CD as he has lead that team too during tomb raider days .

Even diretor of tomb raider and rise of the tomb raider (Danuel Neuberger ) is at the Initiative ,so it makes sense.

I think The initiative is going to be a concept development studio and then basically partner with external studios for execution .

P.S   its better to outsource with a single team rather than multiple.

Edited by triggr happy ss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Looks like this game also got rebooted (like everwild) with CD now the lead dev and initiative just a support studio. Good news is that CD will atleast deliver a competent product in quick time. 

I actually heard about this news a few weeks back where my source said CD is working on ip of a platform holder. Always assumed it to be uncharted as ND don't want to work on it, sony won't abandon it & CD were a perfect fit. Even posted about it just before the ps showcase event. :lol:

Source that it got rebooted or CD lead studio? Source? 

Darren former head of CD and lot of people from CD work joined Initiative as well. 

Creative director is from Initiative team. Project must be too big, so CD joining as support team not main. Its still first person spy game 

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, AnK said:

But but but…..

4 years? You all dont know jack lol.

Pefect Dark was announced in 2020 at VGAs and Studio officially formed in late 2018.

And lot of 3rd party studios assisted MS studios in multiple projects. 

Coliation was assisted by Splash damage studios in UE, Gears 4 and 5

So as Halo MC, 5 and all by Certain Affinity and Saber.

T10 team also was using PG help and now T10 assist PG in Horizon. Its common. Though both are first party 

Darren and lot of Initiative staff came from CD. Darren head of Initiative was former head of CD, so its not hard for him to get some talent to speed up the development process as its massive  project. 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

4 years? You all dont know jack lol.

Pefect Dark was announced in 2020 at VGAs and Studio officially formed in late 2018.

And lot of 3rd party studios assisted MS studios in multiple projects. 

Coliation was assisted by Splash damage studios in UE, Gears 4 and 5

So as Halo MC, 5 and all by Certain Affinity and Saber.

T10 team also was using PG help and now T10 assist PG in Horizon. Its common. Though both are first party 

Darren and lot of Initiative staff came from CD. Darren head of Initiative was former head of CD, so its not hard for him to get some talent to speed up the development process as its massive  project. 

??

Edited by radicaldude

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

I thought this was good news.

But we got concern trolling instead.

That too on xbox thread. :eyebrow:

It was not trolling 

M$ developmental/game announcement track record is taking a dip by the year 

A lot rides on Halo Infinite than anyone can imagine which in itself has taken 6-7 years of development & multiple studios joining at different times on it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnK said:

It was not trolling 

M$ developmental/game announcement track record is taking a dip by the year 

A lot rides on Halo Infinite than anyone can imagine which in itself has taken 6-7 years of development & multiple studios joining at different times on it 

ya man … Xbox has no games ??

5 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

ya man … Xbox has no games ??

Listen if you behave like this on my normal reply & concern on an obvious concerning news & what follows is this:- 

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

ftfy ?

Then you or the self righteous mods shouldn’t blame me for derailing the thread 

Keep it civil conversation here & do all what you want in the other thread 

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

Source that it got rebooted or CD lead studio? Source? 

Darren former head of CD and lot of people from CD work joined Initiative as well. 

Creative director is from Initiative team. Project must be too big, so CD joining as support team not main. Its still first person spy game 

CD acting as a support studio to initiative is like Salman Khan playing a sidekick to tushar kapoor in a film. 

In all likely CD will lead the project with initiative being a support studio  (like bloodborne from + sony japan) + many other small outsourcing studios will be contracted. 

As for reboot, Spencer was playing this game back in early 2020 yet 18 months later a new studio is hired to make the game and they officially say that it is very early is development. Atleast with CD coming in the game won't be cancelled whatever the final quality of the game is

20210924_125520.jpg

• Haha 3