The Xbox Series X|S thread

3 hours ago, Kushagra said:

Well, the scalper only received Xbox on Thursday, as delivery was delayed from FK end. So, game got shipped early (and separately)

Lol getting it delivered from FK itself was a BIG deal.. Hang in there..  almost there.. 

Got this strange issue on less than 20 days old XSX bought off amazon.

The issue is with the controller which came with the xbox.

Would appreciate someone answer these :) 

1. The issue is that the controller analog stick (both left and right) got this strange click sound/feedback when its pushed full upward or pulled full backward.

It not felt so much when its pushed/pulled very quickly however much more noticeable when its done slowly.

Its like after certain angle, if I push it further there a click and then it reaches the extreme end where it can't go any further.

This isn't the case with my PS controller so this definitely feels odd.

Any experienced this or would someone check their controller and revert back ?

2. Hows the warranty experience with xbox ?

If I were to replace my controller after contacting MS. How will the replacement happen ?

Do I ship the controller first and then they will send the replacement or is it hand to hand exchange ?

Anything else I need to be aware of for controller replacement

Edited by mhs

16 hours ago, Kushagra said:

So, my Xbox was finally shipped on Thursday 14th Oct. Scalper shared the picture of Xbox, later packaging, with label and all. But, the transit updates have stopped since evening of 15th. It's been now almost 48 hours since last update, and I am panicking a bit.

I bought Deathloop off the same guy, and by this time, it was already delivered. Both were shipped via DTDC, from same place to same address. I also paid extra for air shipping, so it reaches on time, but right now, I'm wondering if the 54k I spent are goosed. Long long way back, a RAM module I ordered was misplaced via DTDC, and I seem to remember transit updates going AWOL mid-way through that as well. This feeling of having the money in a hole absolutely sucks :(

Why did you bought off a scalper?

EDIT: my bad saw you live in a different city.

I am still offering sealed one for 50k. With bill Delhi NCR peeps only. 

Edited by SkinTightTuna

8 hours ago, Kushagra said:

I am excited, yes. But, I thought I'd get it by this weekend and would be able to play for a bit. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Although, I'd just take it arriving here right now lol

Any change in the tracking today morning?

4 hours ago, mhs said:

Got this strange issue on less than 20 days old XSX bought off amazon.

The issue is with the controller which came with the xbox.

Would appreciate someone answer these :) 

1. The issue is that the controller analog stick (both left and right) got this strange click sound/feedback when its pushed full upward or pulled full backward.

It not felt so much when its pushed/pulled very quickly however much more noticeable when its done slowly.

Its like after certain angle, if I push it further there a click and then it reaches the extreme end where it can't go any further.

This isn't the case with my PS controller so this definitely feels odd.

Any experienced this or would someone check their controller and revert back ?

2. Hows the warranty experience with xbox ?

If I were to replace my controller after contacting MS. How will the replacement happen ?

Do I ship the controller first and then they will send the replacement or is it hand to hand exchange ?

Anything else I need to be aware of for controller replacement

1. That's how the controller design is, nothing to worry.. they are built to last.

2. The above doesn't need replacement, But this is how you do it>

• Raise request via your Microsoft Account under devices. If the controller is not automatically added there, add it by entering serial number.

• Once the request is placed. MS return center will send you FedEX lables and delivery challan, if your PIN is not serviced by FedEX you need to choose a different address or struck in this stage. 

• You need to then pack the controller in a box and attach the labels and hand over the delivery challan to FedEX guy.  Once the controller reaches them, a new controller will be shipped the next day. It should take 4-6 business days for all this.
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

I know you are joking. But on serious note, Xbox controller lasts more than any PS controller in my experience. 

I have 2 xbox 360 controller, still works.
2 Xbox one controller, still works.
2 PS4 dual shock 4 controller. One faced left stick drift in 2019, I fixed it by myself by replacing and soldered a new analogue stick module on the board, but not everyone will do that. Also the stick module I could find on online is not optimum...

My DualSense still doesn't have drift issue. But 2 of my friends with ps5 already facing drift issue on their DS left sticks. I'm just scared that my DS might have the same problem anyday...  :(

Edited by SaiKO

Not exactly joking, the analog sticks on both PS & Xbox controllers are the same and are notorious for picking up stick drift.

Took @TRMNTR's advice recently and switched out the potentiometer sensors on one the 3 drifting controllers I have and it works fine now. But yea, that's not something everyone would be able to do.

2 hours ago, SkinTightTuna said:

Why did you bought off a scalper?

EDIT: my bad saw you live in a different city.

I am still offering sealed one for 50k. With bill Delhi NCR peeps only. 

I did, paid 4k extra but it's not too bad. You should find a buyer soon. I'll DM a friend, he was looking for one. If he doesn't have one by now, he can pick it up.

2 hours ago, b!T said:

Any change in the tracking today morning?

I actually picked it up myself in the morning!

• Like 1

Well, it finally arrived today. I was being paranoid for no reason, status updated early in the morning. And, I went to the main office to pick it up.

Early impressions

1. Build quality is excellent across the board, console is very small and whisper quiet

2. Controller hasn't changed much, but it feels small compared to Dualsense. This will take getting used to, as PlayStation controllers always felt small compared to Xbox

3. Setup was a breeze via mobile, it got up and running within a minute

4. UI is quite bad, legit feels like its years behind. Outputs at 1080p too

5. Download speeds via Wi-fi were terrible, basically 0.5% of my network capacity. Had to dig out a LAN cable, it's a lot better but no where near to maxing out

6. Batteries on a controller in 2021. Legit searched the box for few minutes, trying to find a USB cable till I realized play and charge kit is extra. Annoying

Overall, happy to have gotten the console. Now, I don't have to constantly search if it's in stock or not. 

A pic of the console as always! :)

48-C50-D6-A-74-A3-438-D-AA41-ED47-D16110

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I know you are joking. But on serious note, Xbox controller lasts more than any PS controller in my experience. 

I have 2 xbox 360 controller, still works.
2 Xbox one controller, still works.
2 PS4 dual shock 4 controller. One faced left stick drift in 2019, I fixed it by myself by replacing and soldered a new analogue stick module on the board, but not everyone will do that. Also the stick module I could find on online is not optimum...

My DualSense still doesn't have drift issue. But 2 of my friends with ps5 already facing drift issue on their DS left sticks. I'm just scared that my DS might have the same problem anyday...  :(

Series X|S controllers however though has problems with the triggers.. sometimes the spring might get loosen and a split second struck feeling especially during racing games...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

Series X|S controllers however though has problems with the triggers.. sometimes the spring might get loosen and a split second struck feeling especially during racing games...

I have this happening on my beater xbox one controller too after our NFS HP sessions :fear1:

Congratulations @Kushagra

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Surprised people still dont like Xbox UI. Latest one actually better than PS5 UI imo.

The problem is its not as shiny as PS5 UI, no HDR in UI and keeping same UI for Xbone and Series X is a big No..

The 4K UI is gonna come soon, Lets see if its any better..

4 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

LoL, XSX UI is awful.

Agreed. I haven't used the UI on any Series S and X system but the one on One S is really confusing and weird. Could never get used to it. PS5 is a step down from PS4 in terms of usability but definitely better than Xbox UI

9 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

LoL, XSX UI is awful.

4 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Agreed. I haven't used the UI on any Series S and X system but the one on One S is really confusing and weird. Could never get used to it. PS5 is a step down from PS4 in terms of usability but definitely better than Xbox UI

I like XSX UI better than PS5. PS5 can't even freaking group things together :/

1S/1X were super slow, but with XSX things are much faster and more intuitive. There's a sense of familiarity IMO