The Xbox Series X|S thread

9 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

So one could technically play Death Stranding & God of War on the Xbox SX.

?

Sony would not allow their games to be on Nvidia's service. 

And even if they do, streaming them vs playing them natively on console is not the same. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

So one could technically play Death Stranding & God of War on the Xbox SX.

?

All streaming services are in direct competition with each other. 

I doubt they will release content on other services or subscriptions 

Since we can't get a PS5, i am freakin tired, should i just get the Series X, i have the one X and feel happy with it, but it's load times are slowly getting on my nerve, and having upgraded my TV will i see a major graphical difference from X1X to XSX ? I was originally planning on upgrading when we get starfield, but the new halo infinite edition seems decent what do you guys think ? I am planning to get it so if ever there is some mid gen upgrade like one x I'll get resale value on it. Plus i maybe able to source a 1TB expansion drive in future from outside india.

Another thing PS requires you to have the same size of game to be free on your hard drive to perform an update, eg, recently updated AC Odyssey, it was just 150MB but my PS4 hard drive had only 60GB Free space and the game size was 77GB, so had to free up some 20gb more, since sony does full re installation to avoid corruption or whatever. Will i face the same issue with series X, sorry i never noticed how xbox updates games.

Lastly series X owners how is your console holding up, do you even have friends on series x, i for one have been rocking the xbox with 0 friends which is stark contrast to my PS friend list.

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Lastly series X owners how is your console holding up

Doesn't make a sound even when running intensive games like Flight Sim. 

Hardware wise, its incredible. 

But I'm not sure how big of an upgrade it would be from One X to Series X, as there aren't many next gen games (yet) other than Flight Sim and FH5 which'll come next month. It depends on how important SSD speeds are for you. 

But I'm not sure how big of an upgrade it would be from One X to Series X, as there aren't many next gen games (yet) other than Flight Sim and FH5 which'll come next month. It depends on how important SSD speeds are for you. 

That's the thing i am annoyed by my ps4 pro vaccum cleaner but one x is so good i don't feel like parting ways. I guess it's some inner annoyance beong stuck on last gen that makes me wanna jump on any newer 4k console that makes me enjoy my tel ed experience to the fullest.

Like you said there aren't any series x specific games nor any games that will outright run way better on series x. Like how you'd say Horizon forbidden west will crap on ps4 and will run great on ps5.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Since we can't get a PS5, i am freakin tired, should i just get the Series X, i have the one X and feel happy with it, but it's load times are slowly getting on my nerve, and having upgraded my TV will i see a major graphical difference from X1X to XSX ? I was originally planning on upgrading when we get starfield, but the new halo infinite edition seems decent what do you guys think ? I am planning to get it so if ever there is some mid gen upgrade like one x I'll get resale value on it. Plus i maybe able to source a 1TB expansion drive in future from outside india.

Another thing PS requires you to have the same size of game to be free on your hard drive to perform an update, eg, recently updated AC Odyssey, it was just 150MB but my PS4 hard drive had only 60GB Free space and the game size was 77GB, so had to free up some 20gb more, since sony does full re installation to avoid corruption or whatever. Will i face the same issue with series X, sorry i never noticed how xbox updates games.

Lastly series X owners how is your console holding up, do you even have friends on series x, i for one have been rocking the xbox with 0 friends which is stark contrast to my PS friend list.

Join scam gang if want to play Halo Infinite or Forza Horizon 5 online.

Also if you plan on getting both consoles this gen, maybe wait for ps5? That hard drive issue doesn't seem like a big deal, maybe blown out of proportion.

Series consoles are solid hardware if that's what you want to know. Some of best consoles I have owned.

54 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Sony would not allow their games to be on Nvidia's service. 

And even if they do, streaming them vs playing them natively on console is not the same. 

49 minutes ago, AnK said:

All streaming services are in direct competition with each other. 

I doubt they will release content on other services or subscriptions 

Did a quick Google search, so Death Stranding is available on GeForce Now but has been blocked from streaming on Xbox. Sony saw that coming.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Did a quick Google search, so Death Stranding is available on GeForce Now but has been blocked from streaming on Xbox. Sony saw that coming.

Death Stranding had a deal different from other in-house projects. 
There is no clear word as to who owns this IP. 

I doubt Sony will put Playstation Studios games up on other streaming services.

44 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Lol SX is massive upgrade over One X

CPU and SSD alone makes PS5 and SX worth the upgrade 

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

i am freakin tired, should i just get the Series X, i have the one X and feel happy with it, but it's load times are slowly getting on my nerve

I too am slowly getting tired of the load times on 1X. But, I am not planning to get a XSX because I feel 1X is fine for couple of more years until actual exclusives comes out. Halo and Forza may change my mind though.

Death Stranding had a deal different from other in-house projects. 
There is no clear word as to who owns this IP. 

I doubt Sony will put Playstation Studios games up on other streaming services.

Fair enough. Although the latency would kill the experience of trying to play a fast paced game, it's interesting that it's technically possible.

Personally it would be better utilised with more strategy / slower paced PC games for me.

Side note - God of War was on the leaked list of GeForce now games. Will have to wait and see how much truth there's to that. But if they can block access to specific platforms then I don't see what would stop them.

But if they can block access to specific platforms then I don't see what would stop them.

Their own streaming business. 
They’d rather want ppl to subscribe to them for their content instead of elsewhere. 

But ever changing business dynamics makes everything possible. 
So can never say never. 

23 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Fair enough. Although the latency would kill the experience of trying to play a fast paced game, it's interesting that it's technically possible.

Exactly. 

This is why I think Sony should not block it. 

If people are willing to stream via a browser on a console to play PS games, it only shows how good they are.. 

Edited by Vamos