The Xbox Series X|S thread

3 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Xbox is working on a feature that mutes your speakers when a headset is plugged in

https://knowtechie.com/xbox-is-working-on-a-feature-that-mutes-your-speakers-when-a-headset-is-plugged-in/

Holy crap!! Is this real? No way this can be real. Unbelievable that it it took them this long to figure & fix it.  

Yes its true. I was equally shocked the first time i plugged my headset into the controller jack. 

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Xbox is working on a feature that mutes your speakers when a headset is plugged in

https://knowtechie.com/xbox-is-working-on-a-feature-that-mutes-your-speakers-when-a-headset-is-plugged-in/

Holy crap!! Is this real? No way this can be real. Unbelievable that it it took them this long to figure & fix it.  

Yes but there is an option to send audio to only headset as well.. 

The current setting is for those who want to hear from speaker and use only Mic.. the same guys who are bashed during the party "Someone's TV volume is On" :rofl: but with a good mic it picks up only the voice audio..

16 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

@Vaibhavp

Doing this for now. My monitor has been able to drive the HPS to very good levels; the controller on the other hand, not so much. I'll be switching over to my Astro A10 for multiplayer sessions. What do you use for a mic?

Astro A10 sounds good for multiplayer sessions.

Though I suspect your Sennheiser would be much better at sound quality.

I use ear buds I got with my phone, for multiplayer. They are terrible. 

But I won't upgrade unless I get something that connects to usb port of my xbox. 

No point in having decent hps and plug them into controller to waste their potential.

17 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Astro A10 sounds good for multiplayer sessions.

Though I suspect your Sennheiser would be much better at sound quality.

I use ear buds I got with my phone, for multiplayer. They are terrible. 

But I won't upgrade unless I get something that connects to usb port of my xbox. 

No point in having decent hps and plug them into controller to waste their potential.

I do have the X1 chat headset. Will give that a go.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqDvg8eKnENsaAdIul4Ss

18 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I use these too. Scam-party usually find my mic volume too low though. Not sure if it's my headset showing its age.

I'll test and compare it (with Astro A10) with you guys once.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

XSX controller does a good job of driving heavier hps, much better than dualsense 

Controller has odds stacked against it as far as SQ is concerned. 

Small battery

Bluetooth

Unknown circuitry in small space

Any good battery powered dac-amp running in class A eats battery like nothing. 

In use I have used it with Dita Answer, an IEM of much higher quality. 

I noticed it lacks ambience, subtle details that makes the soundscape alive. Every instrument is separated by nothingness. 

On top it also sounds tinny, lacking in any real bass. 

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Dita Answer

wowowow. What's the best hps and dac/amp setup you have heard?

anyway, I'll have xduoo xd05 basic in a few days

I'll be using Aux input from controller 3.5mm jack into xd05 and then into my hps, that should do the trick right?

because I've purchased dolby atmos for headphones license on XSX and that audio only comes thru 3.5mm on controller. 

16 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

wowowow. What's the best hps and dac/amp setup you have heard?

Absolute best would be this:

Sennheiser Orpheus 2: $60,000. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt21qJ-4d_neZstj6_UoF

18 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

anyway, I'll have xduoo xd05 basic in a few days

I'll be using Aux input from controller 3.5mm jack into xd05 and then into my hps, that should do the trick right?

because I've purchased dolby atmos for headphones license on XSX and that audio only comes thru 3.5mm on controller. 

I thought you wanted xduoo for music listening. That is where it will shine best, connected to phone or laptop. Where you can appreciate all the fidelity.

Connecting it to controller will lead to double amping which normally doesn't improve sq. 

You might be able to use it with ps5 via usb port, feeding digital to xduoo.

With xbox, I dunno how it will perform connected to controller. I suggest you try it and see how you like it.

11 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Absolute best would be this:

Sennheiser Orpheus 2: $60,000. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTt21qJ-4d_neZstj6_UoF

I thought you wanted xduoo for music listening. That is where it will shine best, connected to phone or laptop. Where you can appreciate all the fidelity.

Connecting it to controller will lead to double amping which normally doesn't improve sq. 

You might be able to use it with ps5 via usb port, feeding digital to xduoo.

With xbox, I dunno how it will perform connected to controller. I suggest you try it and see how you like it.

where, how and when did you get to hear Orpehus 2!!!?!

also, once I get my xd05, I’ll test out both xsx and ps5 controller audio streams for what kind of audio bit depth and sampling rates both are outputting from controller 3.5mm jack. It’ll show up in the display 

now, that’s true Xbox vs PS right there. Who will win the audio wars!! Will know is a day or two

I will primarily use the xd05 for Apple Music lossless streaming of course 

Edited by 0verlord

320-B95-E0-2-E5-E-4177-99-FC-1-A6146-D09

“TOKYO and REDMOND, Wash. — May 16, 2019 — Sony Corporation (Sony) and Microsoft Corp. (Microsoft) announced on Thursday that the two companies will partner on new innovations to enhance customer experiences in their direct-to-consumer entertainment platforms and AI solutions.

Under the memorandum of understanding signed by the parties, the two companies will explore joint development of future cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure to support their respective game and content-streaming services. In addition, the two companies will explore the use of current Microsoft Azure datacenter-based solutions for Sony’s game and content-streaming services. By working together, the companies aim to deliver more enhanced entertainment experiences for their worldwide customers. These efforts will also include building better development platforms for the content creator community.“

24 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:
Hopefully Sony titles day 1 on gamepass .

Hmmmm…..that would be really great,no need to spend money on multiple devices whatsoever. :scratchchin:

Not that there was any need from 2012-2020 either. 

42 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

where, how and when did you get to hear Orpehus 2!!!?!

also, once I get my xd05, I’ll test out both xsx and ps5 controller audio streams for what kind of audio bit depth and sampling rates both are outputting from controller 3.5mm jack. It’ll show up in the display 

now, that’s true Xbox vs PS right there. Who will win the audio wars!! Will know is a day or two

I will primarily use the xd05 for Apple Music lossless streaming of course 

Sennheiser does auditions of Orpheus 2 from time to time. Its travelling all the time worldwide.

It was in one of the hotels near airport in Gurgaon. 

Audio coming out of controller is analog. Bit depth and sampling rates it will show won't be accurate.

You need digital signal for that from usb or one of the optical ports from old consoles.

Anything that drives wired headphones like controller has analog output. Wired hps don't have dac amp inside them (unlike wireless hps which accept digital). 

Connect xduoo to ps5 usb port for best quality. You can't do that with xbox as they require licensed products.