The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, TRMNTR said:

Though how do you suspend the game? Via an option (?) or by launching another game?

I think many games, at least majority of those being played currently and QR enabled, go into QR if you go home or launch another game. My FH4 is always in QR. I pause and go home thru xbox button  

suspend is not QR, right?

Edited by 0verlord

4 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I think many games, at least majority of those being played currently and QR enabled, go into QR if you go home or launch another game. My FH4 is always in QR. I pause and go home thru xbox button  

suspend is not QR, right?

Right. In order to put a game in QR, you need to either fully shutdown Xbox or launch another game.

6 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Never thought shutting down console could get this complicated.

I keep it in power saving mode and fully shut down by long pressing xbox home button.

Hope I am doing nothing wrong.

No prayer before shutdown? :bash:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

(thank God it's an option).

earlier - xbox stupid, tv plays sound even when you plug headphones

now - option to have sound from both tv and headphone or only headphone. Both tv and hps at the same time may be useful when playing with headset with a friend/family beside you so that both can listen - PS can't do this - now xbox smarter? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

earlier - xbox stupid, tv plays sound even when you plug headphones

now - option to have sound from both tv and headphone or only headphone. Both tv and hps at the same time may be useful when playing with headset with a friend/family beside you so that both can listen - PS can't do this - now xbox smarter? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Without the option it could've broken my setup. My HPS are connected to the monitor and I attach a shitty mic (hps) to the controller for voice chat.

Frankly, this is not going to make much difference. The Activision Directors have already come out in support of Bobby Kotick, and he's already stated he's not going to resign. If the companies really want to force Activision's hand -

1) All platforms will have to blacklist Activision. This includes PS, Xbox, Nintendo and PC platforms. CoD is insanely popular, so only 1 cannot boycott (That will be suicide to the platform).

2) Hope that they have no agreements in place with Activision, that can land them in law-suits.

3) Customers should stop buying Activision games. This has even less chance than the above 2 happening.

For now it's just PR. It's flavor of the month to talk against Activision, get good PR, trust Activision to supress all further news from leaking out - and they know people will forget all about it in a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, this is not going to make much difference. The Activision Directors have already come out in support of Bobby Kotick, and he's already stated he's not going to resign. If the companies really want to force Activision's hand -

1) All platforms will have to blacklist Activision. This includes PS, Xbox, Nintendo and PC platforms. CoD is insanely popular, so only 1 cannot boycott (That will be suicide to the platform).

2) Hope that they have no agreements in place with Activision, that can land them in law-suits.

3) Customers should stop buying Activision games. This has even less chance than the above 2 happening.

For now it's just PR. It's flavor of the month to talk against Activision, get good PR, trust Activision to supress all further news from leaking out - and they know people will forget all about it in a couple of weeks.

Pretty much this. 

Not much will happen. 

Getting a deal for Xbox series S (Indian version) - 24k plus shipping . Warranty only till first week of December. So basically without any warranty . Console looks to be in superb condition but without box. 

Another deal is for 28k plus shipping with 8 months of warranty left . Console in superb condition with all accessories and box intact.

Will be selling my XB1X which will get around 16/17k I think . 

Should I go for the non warranty one and save money and take risk with no warranty or spend 4k extra for warranty.

Have any of you experienced any issues with Series X or S so far ?

6 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Getting a deal for Xbox series S (Indian version) - 24k plus shipping . Warranty only till first week of December. So basically without any warranty . Console looks to be in superb condition but without box. 

Another deal is for 28k plus shipping with 8 months of warranty left . Console in superb condition with all accessories and box intact.

Should I go for the non warranty one and save money and take risk with no warranty or spend 4k extra for warranty.

Just a few moments ago on TataCLiQ Brand New sealed Series S was available for 32k with HDFC & 29.5k with One Cards.

Better to keep on looking for those sorta deals.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Go with non-warranty and save money.

• Like 1