The Xbox Series X|S thread

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

:panic:

1 hour ago, AnK said:

It’s all the unsold stock from last 1 year. 

Just take a look at Indian e-commerce,everything is just flooded with SeriesS & going for 32k with weekly promos. 

No way in hell they produced all these units lately despite chip shortages. 

They produced lot of these units that just went unsold throughout the year in comparison to PS5 & SX. 

All the casual holiday buyers are jumping in now,good though that they are getting something. 

Series S came in stock during Diwali sale on Amazon. 

MS dropped a year worth of quota it seems, here in India, it's available readily everywhere. Which shouldn't be many units in India, just 20k units would suffice.

31 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

With Holiday plus Gamepass.. its the best for growing up kids n boomers.. No doubts there

Yes, they are the actual target market for the series S. We know Microsoft is not competing against Sony and Nintendo in no of sales. Also the chip shortage is doing favors for the series S. 

26 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Also the chip shortage is doing favors for the series S. 

I don’t think so. 
It requires chips to build too,it basically has most of the same components except RAM & GPU(which requires chips too). 

As I mentioned it’s common sense that these are the old units that didn’t sell for the entire year but now are going in the hands of casual holiday buyers rather than core gamers who buy PS5 & SX as soon as they appear on shelves. 

11 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

According to a rumour a long time back, MS was manufacturing more S than X.

Despite SX flying of the shelves much faster than SS?!?

It was quite evident how much demand & scalping went on with PS5 & SX. 

Must be some real head honcho at M$ to decide the exactly opposite of the on going trend. 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:46 AM, WhiteWolf said:

https://museum.xbox.com/

Guys everyone share your Xbox history. its no showing accurate details though. It shows My first 360 game was GTA4 which is not true, my 1st game on 360 was Gears 1. I bought the game with new console in 2006. But its not able  to detect anything before 2008. I went with my elder brother and cousins to buy it as we all were real excited for Gears back then :P

Anyway, still cool. Check it out 

The Xbox One login date is not correct.. Should have been in 2014

20211128-200529.jpg

These are quite accurate:

20211128-200556.jpg

27 minutes ago, AnK said:

Must be some real head honcho at M$ to decide the exactly opposite of the on going trend. 

MS would rather sell 2 Series S than 1 Series X. Makes sense from subscription POV.

In US etc where people do holiday shopping, anything will sell. Especially affordable items.

29 minutes ago, AnK said:

According to that rumour, it was a cost saving measure. The silicon has a fixed size and apparently, it was more cost-effective to produce more S than X. Keep in mind that S in any case has a much smaller die.

4 hours ago, makdi_man said:

Can anyone recommend me a good turn based combat game with the following criteria -

• Available on XSX
  • Released in the past year or so
  • Not Yakuza 7 or Gears Tactics.

:D

4 hours ago, makdi_man said:

Can anyone recommend me a good turn based combat game with the following criteria -

• Available on XSX
  • Released in the past year or so
  • Not Yakuza 7 or Gears Tactics.

:D

Dargon quest 11, there are many more just check the title page if you are scrolling the list in game pass and go to screenshot there are usually one or two gameplay screenshots there as well.

• Thanks 1

Divinity 2 OS beats everything that's out there. Amazing
Yakuza like a dragon is godwork bruh. I hate turn based games and it's combat is a breath of fresh air. I am loving the game. GOAT of turn based games. It's very fast paced unlike the likes of DQ11 and grinding isn't much to progress in story. Now just need to freakin make 3mil yen to move the story.

God can't wait for a YLAD2

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 11/21/2021 at 9:21 PM, gecko89 said:

Are you...are you seriously trying to weasel your way out of that one?!

You telling people to be relevant when your argument makes no sense here. Nobody said hdmi 2.0 doesn't support 1080p120, so why are you so pissed?! I said that support is meaningless with TVs having 60Hz panels, which is also a fact.

to give some context of what I was trying to discuss - I have a LG OLED B7T TV from 2017, 4 years old with hdmi 2.0 and I always thought that I wouldn’t be able to play games at 120fps because it’s 4 year old and I can play only upto 4k60 through hdmi 2.0

but recently I discovered that if you change some settings on XSX, even my 4 year old OLED is able to play all games at 120fps. That was a really pleasant surprise 

for example, in Doom Eternal, I played the full game at 4k60 and was seeing only ray tracing mode or performance mode. I sorely wanted to play DE at 120fps because it’s my favorite game. Recently I discovered that if you turn off HDR and change other settings, DE shows high framerate mode and I was finally able to play DE at 120fps on a 4 year old TV with only hdmi 2.0. I am also playing halo infinite at 120fps and many others. 120fps is a sheer delight and being able to play it on a 4 year old TV was a big bonus without having to buy a latest spec TV

I know that not many panels from 3-4 years ago supported refresh rates above 60hz but my TV was top tier at that time and supported 120hz refresh rate even with hdmi 2.0

I think most gaming monitors have hdmi 2.0 but still manage 120fps as hdmi supports upto 1440p120 without HDR and 1080p120 with HDR so, good enough 

also, I was referring only to people with 3-4 year old TVs with gaming as a hobby. Such people usually have good quality or expensive TVs because gaming is an expensive hobby and such TVs most likely support 120hz refresh 

also, I wrote this reply late because I gave my CFA Level 2 exam last week and didn’t want to get distracted with online discussions 

40 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

also, I wrote this reply late because I gave my CFA Level 2 exam last week and didn’t want to get distracted with online discussions 

That's a tough nut to crack (especially with a full-time job ) Got your results yet ?