The Xbox Series X|S thread

15 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm contemplating giving the level 2. I was set on dropping it but everyone around me is studying and I'm feeling fomo. How much prep needed considering we come from similar academic and professional background. 1 hour everyday for 2 months would work? Can take 2-3 days of leave towards the end. 

Level 2 is significantly more cognitively challenging than Level 1. 

My personal recommendation, if you want to do it in 2-3 months and have a very good chance of passing, would be to study every weekday for 2-3 hours in the morning before work (trying to study after work may not practically feasible as the material is challenging) and try to study for 8-10 hours on weekends as feasible. 

Still, I think that 2-3 months may be quite challenging with work taking up your mindspace as well (not to mention family commitments). You definitely have to give up gaming for this time frame. 5-6 months will be more comfortable and will tangibly increase chances of passing.

here’s a fun comparison of the levels, which I believe is quite accurate 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEGYKYRkTI_jPGfofRP9X

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys I am facing an odd issue with my Xbox and the internet.

Earlier the NAT remained open 24x7 but nowadays it is always strict. I am using airtel fiber and the router is Huawei HG8145G. I have not changed anything....facing high pings and lag in MP games....help please?

I got the same issue as well, earlier it was type 2. But now it’s strict for the last 2 days

16 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Guys I am facing an odd issue with my Xbox and the internet.

Earlier the NAT remained open 24x7 but nowadays it is always strict. I am using airtel fiber and the router is Huawei HG8145G. I have not changed anything....facing high pings and lag in MP games....help please?

15 hours ago, Snake said:

I got the same issue as well, earlier it was type 2. But now it’s strict for the last 2 days

https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

16 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Btw there were 2 jrpg announced in the Xbox E3 I think. One was turn based and another action from the same IP. Anyone remember what it was? 

I think this is the one you are referring to 

They are not graphical power-houses, but I'm quite excited for them tbqh. They are from the original creators of Suikoden - which is a JRPG classic, and was a very ambitious game. If you don't know about Suikoden - it was a series with an amazing full scale story, and you could recruit 100+ characters. Each of the characters had their own story, so they were not use and throw. Not all of the characters just joined your party. You could construct your own city, and build various facilities there (based on who you recruited), participate in actual wars to defend your city etc. This was in addition to the main story that you ran with your MC and his/her companions. They did all of that on the PS1, way back in 1998.

I'm excited to see what they do with the new technology available today. The game is not an MS exclusive though. It's there for all platforms, and it's quite a ways off (2022 and 2023). I expect we will also get regional prices for this on Steam.

2 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

I have tried everything other than opening upnp. Nothing works.....

Airtel doesn't even know what is NAT. :huh:

Ah! Are you using the router airtel provided you or your personal? If the latter, just forward the ports mentioned in the link. Putting your console in DMZ is the easier way to do it but I don't recommend that personally. Even if you're using Airtel's router, you can ask the guy for the credentials to get into it and forward the ports yourself.

2 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

I have tried everything other than opening upnp. Nothing works.....

Airtel doesn't even know what is NAT. :huh:

Assign a static IP and put that IP in DMZ. Else you can try port forwarding. I faced this issue during the 360PS3 days. 

When did the prepaid guy have the buy button active for this, i was checking it out since November start till rishi confirmed no sale of Halo edition in November, never saw it active, and now people suddenly start getting their deliveries wow

35 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He's scalping it with forced bundles offline.

So it's not even official MS release in india which would have 1yr warranty ? I pray that when we get a exclusive FM or Starfield xbox it looks better than this and has a good amount of stocks we can buy.

The PPGC guy has no shame, firstly we don't even know if sony or ms honor his bill for warranty purpose still even after all the insults he gets online he is still running his operation, also some people should not defend him as his bundles aren't just one game ones, during the first few months of ps5 i read he was forcing people to buy ps5 + 4,5 games at full price which went to like 75k